[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

8-slot selective coupon

EXdestEXdest
Reactions: 1,375
edited February 2019 in Bug Reporting
Not sure if this is a bug. When I expand my inventory, I see my use and equip tab only have 4 more slots to expand but this 8-selective coupon won't allow me to. It says that I already have 128 slots which in case false. I do only have 124 slots.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    It's not a bug, it's just an inconvenient feature. Your inventory only had 4 slots, so an 8 slot coupon cannot be used, as you don't have 8 slots to open. It would be nice if it just opened the rest of the slots, but unfortunately that's not how Nexon decided to code the item. What you need to find is specifically a 4 slot coupon to finish opening the slots.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    It's not a bug, it's just an inconvenient feature. Your inventory only had 4 slots, so an 8 slot coupon cannot be used, as you don't have 8 slots to open. It would be nice if it just opened the rest of the slots, but unfortunately that's not how Nexon decided to code the item. What you need to find is specifically a 4 slot coupon to finish opening the slots.

You're not... entirely wrong, but you're still wrong on one or two points. There are two different types of eight-slot selective coupons. Unfortunately, OP got stuck with the crappy one. There is an eight-slot selective that will open up eight or four slots, but it wasn't the original function of the item. The original function, when these were first introduced, was eight slots and no fewer. I'm kind of surprised, but also not surprised at all, that instead of modifying an existing item, they chose to create a new one to add a missing function.

OP, I'm not really sure what you can do about this, other than trashing the coupon. Perhaps try contacting support and seeing if they can swap out the junk coupon for the one that actually works? No promises, of course.
    YinYangX
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    OP, I'm not really sure what you can do about this, other than trashing the coupon. Perhaps try contacting support and seeing if they can swap out the junk coupon for the one that actually works? No promises, of course.

The one I tried is from event shop. And 8 storage slot from reward point cash shop also doesn't work. It seems I will have to find 4 slot coupon which I have hardly seen.