[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Video Messaging Quest Glitched...Can't Progress

ArtifexArtifex
Reactions: 1,050
edited February 2019 in Bug Reporting
I completed the 5 runes requirement in [Lunar New Year Mission] Evan's Message today and after speaking with Evan, he said his message is ready ... then nothing.
No lightbulb for a new quest like the previous ones with instructions on where to deliver the message. No immediate teleport to the destination to deliver the message. Nothing.

When I speak to him again, he only says the default NPC chat, "Mir, Lunar New Year always makes me miss my parents."

My sister completed the 5 runes quest and had the same bug.
  1. How did this bug affect you?3 votes
    1. I found the workaround and wasn't affected
       0% (0 votes)
    2. I didn't know about the workaround and won't be able to complete all 14 messages now...
       67% (2 votes)
    3. N/A ... didn't care about this
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 2019
    The Even quest is bugged, but can be completed.

Go to Utah's House. You can get there by going to The Hill North of Henesys, then entering the portal to the Farm Entrance. Travel to the right through Large Forest Trail 2 and Large Forest Trail until you get to the Farm Center. Then head to Small Forest Trail, then Front Yard, then enter the house.
    You'll find Anna, who will finish Evan's dialog for some reason.
    Anna will direct you to Gustav, who is back in Farm Center. Gustav will direct you back to Anna to actually complete the quest as normal.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    You gotta go to Evan's house to complete it.
    Instructions in the comments here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/am9hpg/anybody_else_having_trouble_with_the_evan_tape/
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited February 2019
    I wish I knew about this yesterday... I guess I'm just unable to get the chair now.

Edit: Compensation was distributed. Bless the Nexon overlords.

Edit 2: Nevermind. The compensated chair expires after one week. I really hope that's a mistake. Why bother going through the effort of compensating people at all if it's just going to be temporary.

Edit 3: Permanent chairs were given out. Bless the Nexon overlords once more.
    Artifex
  • ArtifexArtifex
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited February 2019
    It's unfair that only people who were privy to this workaround would be able to complete the 14 messages for the chair.
    I didn't get a chance to read this thread until the following day, so myself and many others that I know are not going to be able to get this chair as a result.

This was labeled a bug, and secret workaround or not, I think it's only fair if we were given an extra day to complete the 14th video message; or better yet, just compensate everyone who completed 13/14 the same rewards, and keep the shop open an extra day so we can spend the 500 hong bao from that quest.

Remember, we had already completed the quest and only couldn't deliver the message, so it's not like this would be a handout... we would have gotten the chair and hong bao if it weren't for this bug... plus, getting all of the quests done was no easy feat, since many of them took time and effort to complete... you don't find 8 elite monsters or activate 5 runestones quickly...

Thank you.
  • macdaddymacdaddy
    Reactions: 210
    OMG THIS WAS THE DAY I MISSED?! My quest says 13/14 and today is last day I thought I did everything this is really heartbreaking. Pls nexon people I really really want that chair and now I can't get it cause of this??? Please please extend the event like another day and add another video to like Duey our beloved package delivery boy!
    YinYangX
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2019
    If only we knew there was going to be a compensation for it, we could have continued doing the event. But there are players who didn't continue anymore knowing they couldn't finish 14 times anymore. And besides the Lunar Coinshop doesn't have much things to offer. So why would anyone waste more time? I was kinda done after I bought the permanent NX cape, but I did end up buying the permanent NX ring and the chair (200 Hongbao) but they aren't nice looking. Since I couldn't finish the Video Message Quest to 14 times, there was no need for me to continue. So I didn't even finish it 9 times, so I don't even meet the first compensation requirement. (Beside of this I did 2 days of Nyen Run, killed a few Firework boxes in town and sharing dumpling (Patch note even said you get x50 Alliance Coins for sharing Dumplings lol).

Of course it's the players fault again since it is the player's choice not to participate more in the event. Wasting more time doing the events to collect more event coins for leftover items in the shop that you don't even want to buy.

This is just my opinion for players who misses out on compensations, although the compensation is helpful for the next event this time (Utah Coins), it isn't a big deal, it is just that some players might miss out on nice event rewards from future events if this happens again.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Anything wrote: »
    If only we knew there was going to be a compensation for it, we could have continued doing the event. But there are players who didn't continue anymore knowing they couldn't finish 14 times anymore. And besides the Lunar Coinshop doesn't have much things to offer. So why would anyone waste more time? I was kinda done after I bought the permanent NX cape, but I did end up buying the permanent NX ring and the chair (200 Hongbao) but they aren't nice looking. Since I couldn't finish the Video Message Quest to 14 times, there was no need for me to continue. So I didn't even finish it 9 times, so I don't even meet the first compensation requirement. (Beside of this I did 2 days of Nyen Run, killed a few Firework boxes in town and sharing dumpling (Patch note even said you get x50 Alliance Coins for sharing Dumplings lol).

Of course it's the players fault again since it is the player's choice not to participate more in the event. Wasting more time doing the events to collect more event coins for leftover items in the shop that you don't even want to buy.

This is just my opinion for players who misses out on compensations, although the compensation is helpful for the next event this time (Utah Coins), it isn't a big deal, it is just that some players might miss out on nice event rewards from future events if this happens again.

I guess the lesson to be learned from this is: If it looks like you won't be able to complete an event by Nexon's fault (either a bug like this one, or game downtime), don't give up. Keep doing the event to the best of your ability, while at the same time asking for compensation or extension to it. They don't always come through - but when they do, you don't want to miss it due to pessimism.

I will deliver (to Nexon) the feedback that, if compensation/extension is planned, it should be announced as early as possible, so people don't lose hope.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    I guess the lesson to be learned from this is: If it looks like you won't be able to complete an event by Nexon's fault (either a bug like this one, or game downtime), don't give up. Keep doing the event to the best of your ability, while at the same time asking for compensation or extension to it. They don't always come through - but when they do, you don't want to miss it due to pessimism.

I will deliver (to Nexon) the feedback that, if compensation/extension is planned, it should be announced as early as possible, so people don't lose hope.
    Thanks for your reply and support. I will keep that in mind.