[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make arcane symbols dailies shareable

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
We all know that maplestory is slowly pushing the play more than one character meta,but one thing that refrains me from doing a second main is the need to do all arcane symbols dailies with all of my chars, which, together with the rest of my dailies , take all the time i have to play ms everyday, so my suggestion is as follows:
Make it so that when u complete the arcane symbols dailies with one char, u inmmediatelly get the symbol rewards with the rest of ur characters of that world, this shortens the time of dailies and allows us maplers enjoy playing more than one character at once.
Thank you for listening,
Mapler.
NumbNinjaShadEight

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Bad idea, there's an Arcane Symbol sharer in the Legion Shop, so you could essential get ~280 symbols worth of exp daily.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Bad idea, there's an Arcane Symbol sharer in the Legion Shop, so you could essential get ~280 symbols worth of exp daily.

There is an exp reduction on those, but the point remains that you could essentially farm dailies on all of your mules then pass unstable symbols back to your main for significantly faster gains.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    You can't stabilize catalyzed Arcane Symbols if you already have that particular symbol, so you couldn't use multiple unstable symbols to power level a single symbol.

But for the record, I'm against this proposal. If you want to work on symbols for a different character, either suck it up and do them both, or choose one and work on that one for a while, you don't need to do dailies on all your characters.

Personally, I opted for the latter, and it was fine.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    Occire wrote: »
    You can't stabilize catalyzed Arcane Symbols if you already have that particular symbol, so you couldn't use multiple unstable symbols to power level a single symbol.

But for the record, I'm against this proposal. If you want to work on symbols for a different character, either suck it up and do them both, or choose one and work on that one for a while, you don't need to do dailies on all your characters.

Personally, I opted for the latter, and it was fine.

Right, forgot about that. Have to lack a symbol to use that.
  • darikdarik
    edited February 2019
    This is more oriented for reboot players that afaik they dont have those things ure talking about.
    And you could let this to happen but dont let that legion shop aymbols to be shared, easy as that. Idk y u are against this, is a clear QoL improvement.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    Doing dailies on a single character and getting the full reward of symbols on every other character that's cleared the area's questline doesn't sound like quality of life so much as "I'm too lazy to do dailies".
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

There is an exp reduction on those, but the point remains that you could essentially farm dailies on all of your mules then pass unstable symbols back to your main for significantly faster gains.

Hence why I said ~280 instead of ~320 (8 x40 some alts) [don't know the exp reduction amount].

darik wrote: »
    This is more oriented for reboot players that afaik they dont have those things ure talking about.
    And you could let this to happen but dont let that legion shop aymbols to be shared, easy as that. Idk y u are against this, is a clear QoL improvement.

The reason I'm against it is because this thread is similar to a thread where the op was complaining about the Dog Event because you had to stay on for 30m and he wanted to do it across all +40 of his characters. There's no reason why you should get ~30m of rewards (semi-random estimate) x [how over many alts] for just 30m of dailies.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019

The reason I'm against it is because this thread is similar to a thread where the op was complaining about the Dog Event because you had to stay on for 30m and he wanted to do it across all +40 of his characters. There's no reason why you should get ~30m of rewards (semi-random estimate) x [how over many alts] for just 30m of dailies.

Yeah basically. You sat there and did the work required to get to 200, clear out the temple of time/temple keeper quests, fill the stones and then do the areal questlines on however many characters. And now it's too much work to do dailies on all of these characters? Who even planted the idea in your head that you have to do dailies on every character every single day without exception? Hell, I have about nine characters at 200 or higher, and of them six have finished the 5th job advancement. Of those five, I do dailies on exactly 0.5 of them. You don't need to go balls-to-the-wall on dailies every single day, especially on characters that are little more than legion/link mules.
  • darikdarik
    edited February 2019
    Wrong, this thread is made to promote multi character playing, people stick to one main character specially because of the huge amount of time needed to do dailies on the rest of the characters, by making dailies shareable, which by this i dont mean that symbols are shareable between account, but that when u complete the quest on one char and u log on another,u can already complete the quest without needing to do that daily all over again, this will encourage maining more than one character without spending all the free time that u have doing dailies, because not everyone can play 5hours or more per day, a lot of people have a job, studies, etc and dont have that much time but also enjoy playing more than 1 character and want to progress with them as well as enjoying other content from the game, not only logging in and spending all the free time doing dailies on all chars.
    What u guys dont see is that its not a matter of being lazy, is a matter of time, not everyone has a lot of time to play MS daily but they love the game the same as a player that plays 10+hours.
    My suggestion for u 2 is that u see the bigger picture, dont stick to being lazy or not,consider more factors when leaving a comment please.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    By the same logic, when I train one character, all the rest of them should level up too.
    YinYangXFuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    Wrong, this thread is made to promote multi character playing, people stick to one main character specially because of the huge amount of time needed to do dailies on the rest of the characters, by making dailies shareable, which by this i dont mean that symbols are shareable between account, but that when u complete the quest on one char and u log on another,u can already complete the quest without needing to do that daily all over again, this will encourage maining more than one character without spending all the free time that u have doing dailies, because not everyone can play 5hours or more per day, a lot of people have a job, studies, etc and dont have that much time but also enjoy playing more than 1 character and want to progress with them as well as enjoying other content from the game, not only logging in and spending all the free time doing dailies on all chars.
    What u guys dont see is that its not a matter of being lazy, is a matter of time, not everyone has a lot of time to play MS daily but they love the game the same as a player that plays 10+hours.
    My suggestion for u 2 is that u see the bigger picture, dont stick to being lazy or not,consider more factors when leaving a comment please.

My suggestion for you is to read my post.
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Yeah basically. You sat there and did the work required to get to 200, clear out the temple of time/temple keeper quests, fill the stones and then do the areal questlines on however many characters. And now it's too much work to do dailies on all of these characters? Who even planted the idea in your head that you have to do dailies on every character every single day without exception? Hell, I have about nine characters at 200 or higher, and of them six have finished the 5th job advancement. Of those five, I do dailies on exactly 0.5 of them. You don't need to go balls-to-the-wall on dailies every single day, especially on characters that are little more than legion/link mules.

This suggestion is little more than "I want progression on all my characters but I'm too lazy to do the work more than once"
  • darikdarik
    edited February 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    By the same logic, when I train one character, all the rest of them should level up too.

Its CLEARLY not the same scenario.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019

Its CLEARLY not the same scenario.

It's clearly exactly the same scenario.
    "because not everyone can play 5hours or more per day, a lot of people have a job, studies, etc and dont have that much time but also enjoy playing more than 1 character and want to progress with them as well as enjoying other content from the game, not only logging in and spending all the free time doing dailies grinding on all chars."
    Obviously I can't progress on more than one character if I don't train them. And I don't have time to train them all. So I want my training to count for all my characters.
    Exact same rationale.
    Fuhreak
  • darikdarik
    edited February 2019
    So to sum it up, u guys dont want easier progression so that u can enjoy playing more than 1 character in end game contenct.
    U guys want slow progression, ok i get it, imo thats quite sad.
  • darikdarik
    edited February 2019
    So to sum it up, u guys dont want easier progression so that u can enjoy playing more than 1 character in end game contenct.
    U guys want slow progression, ok i get it, imo thats quite sad.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    I want faster progression in that vanishing journey gives more than eight symbols per day or the required kills/items collected is reduced by about half or so. I don't want to do dailies once and get free symbols for the other five or six characters of mine that are post-5th-job.

Stop acting like this is a black-and-white problem. People who think your idea is asinine don't want slow progression. What you're asking for is to do the work once and reap the rewards as many times as you have 5th job characters. That isn't quality of life, that's just a handout.

You clearly didn't read my post either. You don't have to keep up with dailies on every single character. The concept of a "main" character is that it's the one character you play more than any others. You can't sit there and tell me you "main" an entire page of characters.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2019

what a complete false equivalence lmao
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited February 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »

what a complete false equivalence lmao

Somebody learned a new word today...

It's literally the same thing. He wants progression on all of his characters but only wants to put in the work once.

I got to 225 once, so all characters I create should immediately be 225 as well and if you don't like my idea then you must hate having fast progression
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited February 2019
    A better idea would to implement Level decay on Arcane symbols so you are forced to attend to your dailies even if they are full. The decay is percent based.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited February 2019
    Here's an idea: You can unlock it on each character, but you will have to log into each character to claim it there. Have fun logging into 40+ characters all day.
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    A better idea would to implement Level decay on Arcane symbols so you are forced to attend to your dailies even if they are full. The decay is percent based.

How about no. I actually like not having to do most symbol dailies anymore.
    FuhreakYinYangXdarik