[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Easy way to stop botters killing our economy

Roy666Roy666
Reactions: 830
edited February 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
If nexon can set up a drop rate limit that only people higher than that drop rate can get drops from mobs, i think 99% botters will be killed.

Comments

• Roy666Roy666
    edited February 2019
    so botters need to pay more efforts on cubing drop gears, it's so much easier to find them and ban them
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited February 2019
    Roy666 wrote: »
    If nexon can set up a drop rate limit that only people higher than that drop rate can get drops from mobs, i think 99% botters will be killed.

1. Limit? You mean requirement.
    2. Players starting out don't be able to obtain nodestones, symbols or droplets without paying. What the hell are you thinking?
    SlicedTimeYinYangX
  • Roy666Roy666
    edited February 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

2. Players starting out don't be able to obtain nodestones, symbols or droplets without paying. What the hell are you thinking?

drop gear doesnt mean paying anyways, u can still get meister cube from either voyage or bossing, bounty hunter
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

drop gear doesnt mean paying anyways, u can still get meister cube from either voyage or bossing, bounty hunter

Drop gear is also restricted to legendary-tier potential and meister cubes are nowhere near common enough from commerci, bosses or bounty hunter portals for this to be even remotely feasible. Not only that, but the other factor of "just craft them", because I know you're going to go that route as a gotcha statement, is no different as it requires achieving and maintaining meister-level smithing. The materials for which, if you're unlucky in drops, you'll have to buy from other players, which can get expensive fast.

They've already screwed over players enough for the sake of "fighting the bot infestation", and now you want to make drop gear a mandatory requirement just to get drops in the first place? What the hell are you thinking?!
    HuskyDMdarikSlicedTimeYinYangXCaughtByLove
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Not to mention not everyone can one-shot while in dropgear. Trying to land a drop line and 1-2 relevant stat lines is a different hell in itself.
    YinYangX