[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Is Not the Problem

higherthanbeforehigherthanbefore
Reactions: 200
edited March 2019 in General Chat
:L

Comments

• higherthanbeforehigherthanbefore
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2019
    :L
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited February 2019
    I don't get this thread, who is saying Kanna itself is 'the problem' and if its not 'the problem' what exactly is the problem? All you stated were the perks of having a class that was designed for braindead farming.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2019
    Why does random TP even exist outside of towns if not for encouraging robot play? Your arguments only reveal the comfort and efficiency of TP farming on a kanna, nothing about how its ripe for abuse.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited February 2019
    pepe wrote: »
    Why does random TP even exist outside of towns if not for encouraging robot play? Your arguments only reveal the comfort and efficiency of TP farming on a kanna, nothing about how its ripe for abuse.

Random TP on kanna existed before reboot so ur statement is invalid.
  • pepepepe
    edited February 2019
    darik wrote: »

You didn't answer the question. Random TP being a thing before reboot doesn't mean it wasn't used by kanna mains to grind like a robot.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited March 2019

You didn't answer the question. Random TP being a thing before reboot doesn't mean it wasn't used by kanna mains to grind like a robot.

So? Theres a lot of classes that do the same, for example, mechanic, u set up ur turrets and u just watch them kill all the map,phantom u set up arrow blast from bowmaster,lucid sould and u stay in 1 spot and kill all the map, grinding like a robot isnt an exclusive feature of kanna.
    Want another example? Buccaneer, once in 5th job u use that dragon skill and u just go around the map jumping without even pressing an attacking skill and it kills all the mobs if ure strong enough, ur point is invalid, random tp is just a feature that characterizes kanna, theres no problem with it.
    Another? Ice lighting mage, u cast ice age and it kills all the mobs in the mab for like 30 secs and has a 45secs-1min cd more or less?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    One could argue that kanna is, in fact, not the problem and that the problem is actually people feeling entitled to a rate of progression faster than what would otherwise be possible.
    Fuhreak
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    One could argue that kanna is, in fact, not the problem and that the problem is actually people feeling entitled to a rate of progression faster than what would otherwise be possible.

I don't think that's the root cause of the issue. I think at its core this comes down to the pacing of the "primary content" of the game and how rewarding it is. If the optimal way to progress in the game requires you to have one or two additional dedicated clients - to a point where such a set up is actually viable and common enough to be a problem of sorts - there is something sorely wrong with the design of the game. Of course people are going to optimize their levelling experience as much as possible, especially if the gap between "normal" and optimal grinding is so massive, and I don't think I can fault anyone for doing that.
    darik
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited March 2019

I don't have a 2nd computer for Kanna but if I could, I would. Do you know why? The moment-to-moment gameplay is not engaging enough and if there is a way for me to get a significant amount more exp/drop/mesos for no discernible downsides, of course I'd take it. Do you have this mentality with people using 2x coupons or receiving MVP buffs before training? No, because all it effects is the value of time.

I believe if Nexon implements more ways to make grinding more excitable and varied, people wouldn't resort to using Kish. Things they've done before, such as LHC, PQ's, interesting drops, special bosses that spawn only in certain maps, or things they've done recently, like Amber Waves, runes, elite mobs/bosses, etc. I'm not saying Kish isn't overpowered, because it is. More importantly, it highlights the flaws of a repetitive, grind-heavy game, by making that grind faster. You get things faster, you get more excited sooner.
    darikSlicedTime
  • pepepepe
    edited March 2019

So? Theres a lot of classes that do the same, for example, mechanic, u set up ur turrets and u just watch them kill all the map,phantom u set up arrow blast from bowmaster,lucid sould and u stay in 1 spot and kill all the map, grinding like a robot isnt an exclusive feature of kanna.
    Want another example? Buccaneer, once in 5th job u use that dragon skill and u just go around the map jumping without even pressing an attacking skill and it kills all the mobs if ure strong enough, ur point is invalid, random tp is just a feature that characterizes kanna, theres no problem with it.
    Another? Ice lighting mage, u cast ice age and it kills all the mobs in the mab for like 30 secs and has a 45secs-1min cd more or less?

All of those classes have an intermission period due to cooldown that prevents you from easy robot play (not to mention are a little more complex to bot with). Buccaneers dragon skill and ILs ice age no longer have infinite up time (unless you have a decent rotation). Obviously grinding like a robot isn't exclusive to kanna but its so convenient that you don't even need a 3rd party software for it, just a small weight. They are obviously not the same or else we wouldn't be having this discussion (The fact that TP farming is so widely abused should indicate something beyond 'its just a feature bro').