[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make arcane symbols dailies shareable

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    ShadEight wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    By the same logic, when I train one character, all the rest of them should level up too.

what a complete false equivalence lmao

It's literally the same thing. He wants progression on all of his characters but only wants to put in the work once.

I got to 225 once, so all characters I create should immediately be 225 as well and if you don't like my idea then you must hate having fast progression

Then by your logic, Nexon should have never made the blockbuster changes right? It's literally the same if its a progression mechanism that is gated by time so you must be opposed to this correct? no equivalence here?

Somebody learned a new word today

yea, you..
    darik
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2019
    I mean.. dailies are already reduced when you get to 250 it isn't as repetitive as they used to be and I doubt many people have more than 3 mains to begin with
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    By the same logic, when I train one character, all the rest of them should level up too.

It's literally the same thing. He wants progression on all of his characters but only wants to put in the work once.

I got to 225 once, so all characters I create should immediately be 225 as well and if you don't like my idea then you must hate having fast progression

Then by your logic, Nexon should have never made the blockbuster changes right? It's literally the same if its a progression mechanism that is gated by time so you must be opposed to this correct? no equivalence here?

Blockbusters are not "a progression mechanism that is gated by time."
    It's a prequest that is only done once per character. It's not an eternal daily chore. Allowing these prequests to be skipped only saves a few hours per character, which most people complete in a single sitting or at most a few days.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2019

It's a prequest that is only done once per character. It's not an eternal daily chore. Allowing these prequests to be skipped only saves a few hours per character, which most people complete in a single sitting or at most a few days.

You need to complete the blockbusters in order to get absolab equipment, so yes it is indeed a progression mechanism (especially in reboot) that's why the new change in KMS was welcome with open arms. Arcane force itself is a kind of prequest to training maps and end game bossing, a really long and repetitive one at that. It makes absolute sense for AF to carry over your characters.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019

You need to complete the blockbusters in order to get absolab equipment, so yes it is indeed a progression mechanism (especially in reboot) that's why the new change in KMS was welcome with open arms. Arcane force itself is a kind of prequest to training maps and end game bossing, a really long and repetitive one at that. It makes absolute sense for AF to carry over your characters.

Weird how I haven't done either blockbuster on my db yet I have five absolab pieces
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Arcane force itself is a kind of prequest to training maps and end game bossing, a really long and repetitive one at that. It makes absolute sense for AF to carry over your characters.

I personally wouldn't mind if Arcane Force was account wide, but just Arcane Force, not symbols; the other bonuses, like stats and even the damage bonus from having high arcane force are too powerful to be a one and done a day, they'd have to be tied to something like actually having the symbols themselves. I have like 30, almost 40 characters over 200, and at least 10 5th jobbers. I don't think it's fair to get thousands of stats and a damage bonus on all those characters on what amounts to just 30 minutes a day for me.

This would be more like the new blockbuster change, not what OP is asking for.

darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    Occire wrote: »
    Arcane force itself is a kind of prequest to training maps and end game bossing, a really long and repetitive one at that. It makes absolute sense for AF to carry over your characters.

I personally wouldn't mind if Arcane Force was account wide, but just Arcane Force, not symbols; the other bonuses, like stats and even the damage bonus from having high arcane force are too powerful to be a one and done a day, they'd have to be tied to something like actually having the symbols themselves. I have like 30, almost 40 characters over 200, and at least 10 5th jobbers. I don't think it's fair to get thousands of stats and a damage bonus on all those characters on what amounts to just 30 minutes a day for me.

Exactly. He's trying to say getting arcane symbols on 30 characters for the work of one character is a quality of life change. It's not. It sails past quality of life and lands squarely in "I want handouts".
    Fuhreak
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited March 2019

Weird how I haven't done either blockbuster on my db yet I have five absolab pieces

Because ure not on reboot probably? Wtf is that non sense answer, do u even know how reboot works?
  • darikdarik
    edited March 2019

Of course if arcane force is shared between the account theres no point in sharing dailies since my point on this thread is to make multiple character progression easier so that u dont spend the whole time u have to play ms doing dailies, but enjoying other content the game has to offer, lile events, bossing , etc
  • darikdarik
    edited March 2019

Of course if arcane force is shared between the account theres no point in sharing dailies since my point on this thread is to make multiple character progression easier so that u dont spend the whole time u have to play ms doing dailies, but enjoying other content the game has to offer, like events, bossing , etc
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    And again, your idea is asinine. You're trying to present a demand for free handouts under the guise of "quality of life". This is far and removed from quality of life. You want to do the work once and reap the rewards on as many characters as you can. That's not quality of life, that's just "I'm lazy and don't want to do work but still want nice stuff".

If you want to see what actual quality-of-life changes are, look no further than the v-care update. When it hit, your progression further into the arcane river resulted in having to do fewer dailies for preceding areas while still getting the full reward. What you're asking for is far from quality of life, in fact you're closer to asking for symbols to be put into npc shops than you are to anything resembling quality of life.

You seem to have this twisted notion in your head of what defines a quality of life change. You seem to think that just giving people things faster for absolutely no work is a quality of life change. That's about as toxic of a mindset as the one revolving around kishin. Finishing dailies on one character and getting the reward on other characters for no work will never happen. If you want symbols on mules and alts, put in the work.
  • Peter1235Peter1235
    Reactions: 630
    edited March 2019
    By this logic, I could say If I do DTW+haven daily on 1 character, all my other character(haves that quest) should also able to finish automatically. So IMO this is stupid
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    Peter1235 wrote: »
    By this logic, I could say If I do DTW+haven daily on 1 character, all my other character(haves that quest) should also able to finish automatically. So IMO this is stupid

Hey while we're at it, let's have boss clear rewards shared across all characters too! If I clear lotus, damien or lucid on one character, I should get full drops for all of my characters! QUALITY OF LIFE!!!! If you don't agree then you hate fast progression
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2019

Hey while we're at it, let's have boss clear rewards shared across all characters too! If I clear lotus, damien or lucid on one character, I should get full drops for all of my characters! QUALITY OF LIFE!!!! If you don't agree then you hate fast progression

Or have boss clears and not their rewards be shared. If you clear Gollux on your main, you cannot get carried on your mules.
  • darikdarik
    edited March 2019

Its not the same because bossing is actually fun and entertaining, while arcane symbol dailies on a few characters isnt. Or are u going to tell me that u have fun while doing arcane symbol dailies on more than 1 character?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    darik wrote: »

Its not the same because bossing is actually fun and entertaining, while arcane symbol dailies on a few characters isnt. Or are u going to tell me that u have fun while doing arcane symbol dailies on more than 1 character?

That's a matter of personal taste.
    I find daily bossing as repetitively boring and annoying as daily quests. Especially if I undertake to do it on multiple characters.
    The weekly bosses are more interesting - but also far more frustrating and time-consuming to attempt on alts.