[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Experience Coupons and Nexon

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in General Chat
I would love for nexon to share their thoughts on exactly why normal servers can't have experience coupons.

It can't be because they're "pay2win" because frenzy totem, ring of torment, and burning rings are still working. Let alone the massive gear differences are permitted.

So why exactly are you slowing down normal server progress?

Edit: just wanted to add a note here that arwoo once said on stream he is concerned about what makes the game fun and not fun. Well I have to ask nexon what exactly is fun about taking twice as long to grind to 275?

Comments

• WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2019
    supply and demand
    they are makeing it as "hard to get " so after time when a demand its big they hide them in huge$$$$wall to make you "grab while its there"
    it has nothing to do with reboot not sure why that complex to compare each time
    same was at 220 then 250 and now at 275
    tbh am happy that there is no 2x a bit more fair race & f2p ;) would be nicer if thery removed them fully
    but i know wont be for long sadly
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I would love for nexon to share their thoughts on exactly why normal servers can't have experience coupons.

It can't be because they're "pay2win" because frenzy totem, ring of torment, and burning rings are still working. Let alone the massive gear differences are permitted.

AFAIK the excuse we are given is that players are competing to see who is the one who reaches lv275 across all servers, and that Reboot is "slightly harder" and therefore are balancing the leveling with the normal servers by axing exp coupons off. I don't believe this for a moment. (Note that I could be wrong)
    Edit: just wanted to add a note here that arwoo once said on stream he is concerned about what makes the game fun and not fun. Well I have to ask nexon what exactly is fun about taking twice as long to grind to 275?

Nothing. With Black Mage out and a lot of people who missed the big event now facing the realization they have to grind for a year to see the end of the story, as well as brand new players who reach 200 only to hit a tall wall of exp I have no idea why do they keep this in when it causes far more frustration than necessary. This coupled with the fact that the Arcane River is a really slow burn with really little content for the amount of grind one has to commit to makes this the most boring and frustrating part of the game, a shame because it was hyped up for years. I really have to wonder what exactly is Nexon doing. The game is falling apart in front of their eyes and the only thing we have from them is the "Both" ranking discussion.

WONDERGUYSlicedTime
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »

AFAIK the excuse we are given is that players are competing to see who is the one who reaches lv275 across all servers, and that Reboot is "slightly harder" and therefore are balancing the leveling with the normal servers by axing exp coupons off. I don't believe this for a moment. (Note that I could be wrong)

Nothing. With Black Mage out and a lot of people who missed the big event now facing the realization they have to grind for a year to see the end of the story, as well as brand new players who reach 200 only to hit a tall wall of exp I have no idea why do they keep this in when it causes far more frustration than necessary. This coupled with the fact that the Arcane River is a really slow burn with really little content for the amount of grind one has to commit to makes this the most boring and frustrating part of the game, a shame because it was hyped up for years. I really have to wonder what exactly is Nexon doing. The game is falling apart in front of their eyes and the only thing we have from them is the "Both" ranking discussion.
    lots of content got reduced in hardnes
    the arcane/200+ areas daily quests got easier,pqs symbols and more
    275 its meant to be hard its stupid broken when its done in a month or so, hard work=good achievement
    its sux to see only $$$ on discord achievements and laugh at 200~ lvls as its nothing

about failing there are other reasons ($$,hackers,bugs,server stability ....)
    and i do agree last few memes-memos were about extra option both tab and still continue discussion