[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Item Set] Amaterasu Set stopped working

RayqueRayque
Reactions: 820
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:

Item

Brief bug summary:

The item set effects from the Amaterasu Set doesn't give the proposed "Invincible for +1 more sec. when hit" and the "Critical Rate +8%" bonuses.

More details:

The user interface of the game states that the player should receive bonuses for wearing a specific amount of Amaterasu equipment from the Amaterasu Set. Currently, two of these proposed bonuses are not given. These are:

1. The "Invincible for +1 more sec. when hit" for having 5 Amaterasu Set items equipped.
2. The "Critical Rate +8%" for having 6 Amaterasu Set items equipped.

Here is further proof of that these bonuses do not activate:

This video shows that having 5 Amaterasu Set items does not extend the invincibility when hit. Note how the invincibility duration does not seem to change.

Before.jpg

After.jpg

These screenshots show that having 6 Amaterasu Set items equipped does not increase the Critical Rate by +8%. Note the user interface staying at "93% Critical Rate" in both cases. It is not like the 4th Job Hayato's Hitokiri Strike where the Critical Rate Increase from the skill is hidden from the user interface but does apply when landing hits regardless. The additional Critical Rate from the Amaterasu Set does not apply with the set effect.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have at least six of the Amaterasu Set items available on a Warrior.
2. Equip at least five of the Amaterasu Set to observe that the invincibility when hit does not extend, despite that the user interface proposes a duration extension of one second.
3. Equip at least six of the Amaterasu Set to observe that the Critical Rate is not increased by 8%. The easiest way to verify this is to have a Warrior with at least 92% Critical Rate, so that the item set should guarantee the player to land Critical hits by boosting the total to or past 100%. This does not currently happen.

Character name:

Rayque

Character level:

Character job:

Hero

World name:

Luna

Date and time of the incident:

10:00 PM UTC/GMT+1, March 6, 2019

Comments

• GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited March 2019
    Hello!
    For clarification, did the set provide these bonuses before but suddenly stopped after today's maintenance?
  • RayqueRayque
    Reactions: 820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    For clarification, did the set provide these bonuses before but suddenly stopped after today's maintenance?

No, these two set bonuses haven't been working for a couple of years now.
  • DhrGRDhrGR
    Reactions: 1,410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    I wanted to add some more information to this topic: I reported this issue in 2017 and it has not been fixed since

This bug has been around ever since the introduction of this gear, and I honestly am very dissapointed this still has not been fixed.

To be able to report this bug in more detail in the future, I have started an account in the Japanese version of MapleStory (JMS) to see what the set effect is over there, and my suspicion is right: Some of the set effects to do not exist in JMS and have probebly been incorrectly translated or incorrectly implemented.
    As I have not finished getting the full set since its really hard gear to get in JMS, I have not updated my report yet, but I can provide the information that I can for now.

9kmAlyi.png

I do not expect anyone to be able to read Japanese, so I will translate the set effect over here in English:

2 Set Items Equipped:
    All Stats +10
    Defense +500
    3 Set Items Equipped:
    4 Set Items Equipped:
    Speed +20
    Jump +10
    5 Set Items Equipped:
    MaxHP / MaxMP +20%
    Defense +6% < Notice the Invincible for +1 more sec. when hit is not here, but its Defense +6%
    6 Set Items Equipped:
    Attack +20
    Critical Rate +8% < I have not gotten 6 set yet in JMS so I can not confirm if Critical Rate works over there
    7 Set Items Equipped:
    All Stats + 30
    Damage +6% < This is Damage +7% in GMS and actually works
    8 Set Items Equipped:
    Attack +40
    Boss Damage +30%

Hopefully this information will help and get nexon to look into all the Sengoku Set Effects as honestly using the entire set isn't even that bad of an option and can function all the way into the end-game
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2019
    Hi Rayque,

The issue where the Japanese Myth set effects are not properly applying is still being looked into. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Thank you for the report and your continued patience!