[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why aren't Arcane Droplets dropping?

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Spent hours at CLP the other day and did not get a single droplet. Usually I can get about 2-3 an hour, so what happened? Is anyone else noticing this? It's the cubic and dusk thing all over again!!!

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2019
    -holds up one Droplet- 3 hours of CLP, DHS in Reboot.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    You just got extremely lucky the other times you got 2-3 droplets in an hour. I've trained for 6 hours at Mirror 2 and gotten 0 droplets, other times I've trained there for an hour and received 2. It's all RNG.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited March 2019
    I have drop rate equips on all the time and a spider out. I was consistently gaining droplets. Now I get nothing wth!!! You can't just tell me that it is RNG. The rate changed and I don't like it when the % drop of an item is being messed with!!!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Sometimes I get ten nodes and two symbols in an hour of grinding. Sometimes I don't get anything for three days. My gear or perceived droprate bonuses never change.

It's all down to luck at the end of the day.
    Fuhreak
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited March 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I have drop rate equips on all the time and a spider out. I was consistently gaining droplets. Now I get nothing wth!!! You can't just tell me that it is RNG. The rate changed and I don't like it when the % drop of an item is being messed with!!!

You DO know what RNG is, right? There's a reason why it's called RANDOM number generator. If something has like a 1% drop rate it doesn't mean it'll always drop after 100 kills.
    Fuhreak
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited March 2019
    I get the RNG thing but you should still get something eventually. No need to be insulting, I'm just asking if anyone has had any drop recently.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    2x cs + 2x use coupon, 2 hours each session.
    1 day 1 drop
    1 day 2 drop within 30s of each other.
    5 other days nothing.

Even on my old Evan going from 220-225 I think I had 1 droplet. Like others said, RNG is RNG but if I had to guess on 4x, getting to 18000 combo should net you one.
  • MiryuMiryu
    Imagine placing EMPHASIS on words and someone calling it an insult
  • MerphistMerphist
    Reactions: 890
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    From 220-230, I’ve had about 17 droplets dropping (trained last year 213-230 during the summer before school starts). Only had about 40 hours of 2x from the Bebe boxes that stacked up from all the compensations of the years before.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited March 2019
    I don't have any drop gear and i pretty much only use a spider. Still, after grinding many hours on clp, I'd at least expect to see a droplet every now and then. Nodes drop fine. Few hours of grinding gets me about 5-10 nodes. But never a droplet. I found more while grinding in lach.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    They're a low drop rate, and we certainly could discuss if this is too low. Of course we told nexon ages ago not to ruin drop rate and that did absolutely nothing for us.

Now we have new zones that don't even drop droplets, so what's worse?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited March 2019
    when you want 200 equips but the place you have to hunt for the drops is starting to restrict exp/drops because your level is to high...
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    when you want 200 equips but the place you have to hunt for the drops is starting to restrict exp/drops because your level is to high...

Yes and it's part of a trend of eternally adding reasons to grind but reducing the rewards for doing so. I'm not sure if they think players enjoy doing more for less.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited March 2019
    So either they give us a different way to gain droplets or give us higher level equips to hunt for lol!
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited March 2019
    So either they give us a different way to gain droplets or give us higher level equips to hunt for lol!

Agreed. Honestly the current way of obtaining arcane gear is jacked up bs. Even if u can beat Will/Lucid, you still have to obtain 240 arcane droplets to get the arcane wep. They really should implement daily quest for arcane river droplets like absolab gears