[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Apparently I'm ID locked out of NA

KlaraKlara
Reactions: 3,385
edited March 2019 in Tech Support
OK, so this is really weird how it happened... I was deleting old igns that I didn't want anymore and I believe I went back to world select too fast so my client crashed. After loading maple up again I couldn't get past channel select.

I've reloaded the client multiple times, exited the nexon launcher and even shut down my computer but I keep getting "That ID is already logged in. Please try again later" >:^(

unknown.png
NO, I AM NOT READY TO EXIT.
unknown.png

My friend has a similar issue where he is currently locked out of EU but can play on NA. I'm the opposite of that because I can log onto EU Luna, but not NA. I don't know how it triggered for him though. He spoke to a GM but they weren't very helpful and just said 'tough luck until maintenance'.
Is there a quicker fix than waiting until Thursday? We're missing out on a lot in those days. ;_;
unknown.png

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2019
    In my experience, the "ready to exit" message typically appears when you try to log in too quickly after a crash.
    Assuming you're in the EU, it would make sense as your connection to the NA server is slower than that of the EU server. Assuming your friend is in NA, it would make sense for his issue to be opposite yours.

I would recommend the following just to be sure:
    • A full shutdown of your computer. Open the Command Prompt (Windows key+X, then select "Run") and type "shutdown /s". After the device has powered down, wait 10 seconds and restart.
    • Wait at the world connect screen for a few seconds. It doesn't have to be a full 5-10 minutes of waiting, but you should hold off on selecting a world for a little while
    • Wait for maintenance like the GM said. Maintenance resets the servers and can clear certain issues. It's not ideal, but if there's no "quick fix" it's the best option.
  • ChibichaserChibichaser
    Reactions: 730
    edited March 2019
    I'm from NA and I'm having the exact same issue logging into NA reboot. I crashed around 20 minutes ago and have loaded up the game multiple times just to be booted in the exact same fashion. A friend of mine crashed at the same time and has also had 0 luck logging back in.
  • LiamZenithLiamZenith
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited March 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    In my experience, the "ready to exit" message typically appears when you try to log in too quickly after a crash.
    Assuming you're in the EU, it would make sense as your connection to the NA server is slower than that of the EU server. Assuming your friend is in NA, it would make sense for his issue to be opposite yours.

• A full shutdown of your computer. Open the Command Prompt (Windows key+X, then select "Run") and type "shutdown /s". After the device has powered down, wait 10 seconds and restart.
    • Wait at the world connect screen for a few seconds. It doesn't have to be a full 5-10 minutes of waiting, but you should hold off on selecting a world for a little while
    • Wait for maintenance like the GM said. Maintenance resets the servers and can clear certain issues. It's not ideal, but if there's no "quick fix" it's the best option.

Hello , I am the Friend who is receiving this error.
    What i am frustrated is that the "Best option" involves me not being able to play the game and unable to participate in limited time events and sales which i am missing out on.
    I have received this abnormality since Saturday (9th March), resulting in me missing out till the Scheduled maintenance that occurs 5 days from the time of rising error.
    That 5 days that i have missed involves me NOT being able to participate in the 20 arcane selector Sunny Sunday perk , Missing out on cash shop packages that are to be expired ( Filigree package) and also 5 days of Dailies of Arcane symbols , Monster park , Weekly bosses yet alone any potential time i could of placed in Leveling up my character.
    This will make a tremendous impact on the progress of my character.
  • JydrokJydrok
    Reactions: 700
    edited March 2019
    this issues has extend to multiple players where if you were log at na you cant get back to na but can log to eu.
    myself and some guildes just expirience this around 4:35 pm pst today march 11.
  • KlaraKlara
    edited March 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

We both Australians; I only play in NA but my friend plays EU.
    I've already tried those recommendations and they don't work. ;_;
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2019
    Klara wrote: »
    We both Australians; I only play in NA but my friend plays EU.
    I've already tried those recommendations and they don't work. ;_;
    When players log out it is possible that our character is virtually still online in the map, while our monitor screen shows that we are at the choose World screen. Sometimes it takes longer for your character to disconnect because of lag, so rebooting your computer might not work for this reason.

It can be said the same thing about when you login, after entering your Pic you are waiting to spawn into the game. As soon it's done with the process, if your computer is slow, you will see a black screen for the first couple of seconds. During the time you see the black screen, your character is actually hanging in the air in the map you logged off the last time. So other players can see you hanging there, they could for example raise or drop your fame. You would see it after the black screen is done but if you disconnect before anything is visible, you won't even know you got famed or defamed.

Many years ago I had a heavy lag on that moment while doing a PQ with friends. So I disconnected and my character was literally stuck online inside the PQ map. My character was Online and I could track it. I couldn't login on that account for 4 days. So I was waiting for the Scheduled Servers Check, which happened to be on a Friday that week. But on that day before the SC happened my character was offline and I was able to login...lol

• KlaraKlara
    edited March 2019
    The maintenance fixed the problem but I'm really mad I was locked out for so many days.... My icogs expired, I missed out on cash shop specials, I didn't get to royal last week, and I'm barely going to finish the fairy bros gifts. >:c

unknown.png
    I believe I had at least 4 random damage skin boxes in one stack.
    unknown.png
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2019
    Klara wrote: »
    The maintenance fixed the problem but I'm really mad I was locked out for so many days.... My icogs expired, I missed out on cash shop specials, I didn't get to royal last week, and I'm barely going to finish the fairy bros gifts. >:c
    Yea, that's sad. A couple of years ago I got a 30-days ban, detected by the in-game hack prevention system. The GMs trusted their hack prevention and accused me for breaking the rules. Someone else was banned the month before me for the same issue, nobody believed him. He got unbanned after 30-days and got banned again for another 30-days after triggering the bug again. After me more and more players got banned. We asked the CM (Hime that time) to inform the staff about it, without her they wouldn't even start an investigation back then. The players who got 30-days ban were mainly Phantoms and few other jobs. And they investigated it and found the bug and lifted our ban, which lasted for me 15 days. No apologize and no comepensations at all. I couldn't use the last few days of my Hired Merchant and I forgot about my Cash Surprise Boxes in the Cash Shop (all expired), which I bought but didn't open immediately.

Anyway welcome back :)