[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[RETRO WORLD EVENT QUESTION] Or Im just dumb maybe

WenezhaWenezha
Reactions: 940
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Hey, the name's LeWaffles. i had a question regarding the event. I'm planning on making a guide for this event like i did for the Utah's Cluck Cluck Bean Farm Event. I usually read the patch notes and do the event on multiple characters / accounts in order to understand the event minigames on a more mechanical level. But I had a question about this event that i was hoping someone could shed some light on. Here's the scenario. From the 6th to the 12th we have access to the "Promote the game!" I was doing some analysis on the fastest way to cap coins and calculated that you can do 2 runs of the Magician's Dodge Training and 3 runs of the Mercenary's Jump Training in order to accumulate about 95 coins if you run it pretty well. After that you can collect the Promo Coupons to gather the rest of your coins. This seems to work out pretty well, however I've been reading more of the patch notes and it says that we get a new type of "quest" in replacement of "Promote the Game," which is to Eliminate Bug Monsters. But I can see that you only get 30 coins by doing this one. So basically if I'm seeing it correctly, we get about 95 from Dodge / Jump Training, and we get 30 from doing the "Eliminate Bug Monsters" quest. This only totals to approximately 125 coins, which begs the question as to how to get the last 75 coins. Obviously by the time the Demon King's Tower becomes accessible to players, it will be another way to get coins so i'd assume this is where we get the last 75 coins. However lets say that a returning player comes back and wants to participate in this event. Assuming that said player comes back around the 13th of March, How does he / she cap coins? They wont have access to the Demon King's Tower due to having to complete the training segment of the Jump / Dodge training.
YinYangX

Comments

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    I was thinking the same thing and yes, as far as the patch notes go it seems that after Promote the Game is over the only way to get the remaining coins is from the Demon King Tower.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited March 2019
    you kill monsters in the world to get coupons. you can get up to 40 coupons a day and each coupon is worth 500 pts. the coin limit is 200 per day i think. So you really don't even have to do the other stuff unless your going for the temp medal and chair. Idk what we will do once that ends. I hope they don't forget to give us something.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    you kill monsters in the world to get coupons. you can get up to 40 coupons a day and each coupon is worth 500 pts. the coin limit is 200 per day i think. So you really don't even have to do the other stuff unless your going for the temp medal and chair. Idk what we will do once that ends. I hope they don't forget to give us something.

That's for the first week.
    The question is about the second week.
    I don't know the answer. I have forwarded the question to Nexon.
    YinYangX
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited March 2019
    I've answered to your DM and the Patch Notes have been updated. :)
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »

Just wondering, the original patch notes said that you had a chance to get Anniversary gear from the Retro World Coupons, but now that is removed. Was that a mistake or intended removal?
    *EDIT: Nvm, saw reply in related bug report.
    So you really don't even have to do the other stuff unless your going for the temp medal and chair

Jw, what chair are you talking about from "the other stuff"?
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited March 2019
    So the new quest has replaced the '[Retro World] Promote the Game' today.

[Retro World] Eliminate Bug Monsters!
    The Bug monsters randomly appears in the map within your level range (no more than 20 level difference below and above your current level)*. Kill them and you get 5 (golden) coins, each of them is worth 1 coin (100 points). You can kill 40 Bug monsters per day, which is enough to cap every day. After completing the quest (40 kills) you get a Retro World Coin Box which contains 30 coins.

So we can get 230 coins per day now.

*Although if your character is too high level for the hunting map you are in, if a low level player spawns it, you can see it too and see the coins drop too. My Kanna is too high level for Slurpy map and can see the Mobs and the drops.
    AKradian wrote: »
    There is something bad about this quest Eliminate Bug Monsters!
    I was farming on my Bishop, while doing this I decided to train my Bishop for 30 minutes. I had my Kanna up too for Kishin but not in party.

Each time a Bug monster appeared in the map if I kill it on my Bishop the kill counter would go up on both characters, while my Kanna didn't touch the Bug monster at all. I also see the coins dropped on the floor on my Kanna. I continued till my Bishop capped on coins. Both Bishop and Kanna finished the 40 Bug monster kill quest and after that these monsters won't spawn anymore and my Kanna didn't cap yet.

I can get the spawn if I use another character that didn't cap yet to get my daily coins done on Kanna. So I would need to make it spawn and let my Kanna loot instead. I am using my main now to get the coins for my Kanna, so I have to keep leaving the map so the kill count won't go up on my main.

And to avoid this issue again for this quest I would need to finish it on Kanna first before I use my Kanna for Kishin support with another character.
    YinYangX
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited March 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Ghiblee wrote: »

Just wondering, the original patch notes said that you had a chance to get Anniversary gear from the Retro World Coupons, but now that is removed. Was that a mistake or intended removal?
    *EDIT: Nvm, saw reply in related bug report.
    So you really don't even have to do the other stuff unless your going for the temp medal and chair

Jw, what chair are you talking about from "the other stuff"?

Oh the chair is from the Detective Rave Open Celebration Event. Sorry I thought it was part of the retro event at first.