[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

every event is the same starting to get bored

TetrisSpyTetrisSpy
Reactions: 220
edited March 2019 in Rants and Raves
if you all notice mostly all events are now same strategy they just have new graphic skin
1.> a shop with same items just a different coin
2.>kill 200 monsters
3> training map to summon monsters for x amount or x amount of time
4> the annoying UI event bar
5> oh we love jumping quest
and i can go on and on

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    The UI bar for coins is a better route to go than endless inventory clutter. Since we all know there are some people who just have to keep every single miscellaneous piece of event garbage that breezes past their inventory for whatever reason. This helps those people to not complain as much about their self-inflicted lack of inventory space.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Since we all know there are some people who just have to keep every single miscellaneous piece of event garbage that breezes past their inventory for whatever reason.

*guilty* xd (minus complaining part, still have 3 charge stones from the first part of Tenebris, xd)
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    TetrisSpy wrote: »
    if you all notice mostly all events are now same strategy they just have new graphic skin
    2.>kill 200 monsters
    and i can go on and on

1. I don't mind getting more Cubes, Scrolls and Nodestones for free.
    2. This is MapleStory, what else do you do?
    3. Useful for mules and characters post 200
    4. Way better than more coins clogging the ETC tab
    5. Last event didn't have a jump quest at all.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    edited March 2019
    Nexon hasnt really actaully put in any creative effort into content for a long time, so dont expect it now. its like when a virus takes over a body and its been there for to long, you might as well die, thats what nexon is. They have been the same old boring thing for so long that its useless saying anything now, because they are to dumb to listen and its to late to bring back any players cause they have shown how incompetent they are in running this once awesome game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    Nexon hasnt really actaully put in any creative effort into content for a long time, so dont expect it now. its like when a virus takes over a body and its been there for to long, you might as well die, thats what nexon is. They have been the same old boring thing for so long that its useless saying anything now, because they are to dumb to listen and its to late to bring back any players cause they have shown how incompetent they are in running this once awesome game.

The arcane river areas are pretty creative-looking content. No reusing mobs, no rehashed music. And as far as events, were you not playing for the past three months? Because the alliance stuff was pretty unique as far as events go.

There is a clear difference between being critical and spewing vitriol, please learn it.
  • YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited March 2019
    Don't listen to them Maplestory, keep doing these events!

That's how we can get a lot of useful stuff as the quests are not too difficult to do, and you have fun along the way.
    The most important thing for me is that I can do this stuff in around 2 hours, which is great because in the past, they've done events that need loooong hours to complete, and when you're a busy adult that is really annoying as you can never complete anything.

So, thanks nexon to think about your oldest players S2
  • TetrisSpyTetrisSpy
    Reactions: 220
    edited March 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    TetrisSpy wrote: »
    2.>kill 200 monsters
    and i can go on and on

1. I don't mind getting more Cubes, Scrolls and Nodestones for free.
    2. This is MapleStory, what else do you do?
    3. Useful for mules and characters post 200
    4. Way better than more coins clogging the ETC tab
    5. Last event didn't have a jump quest at all.

1>limit item per day, account, and quantity.
    2> back in the days we do pq and massive players go bossing to an event boss at least to have fun with everybody "social"
    3>they cap time or limit monsters instead of hunting for a ticket and limit per day
    4>Cap coins sometimes not enough time to buy all the items on store
    5> this current event does have one, from the bored i am i think jpq will do better then anything else
    this was fun back in the days >>>
    today >>>>>>>
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    edited March 2019

The arcane river areas are pretty creative-looking content. No reusing mobs, no rehashed music. And as far as events, were you not playing for the past three months? Because the alliance stuff was pretty unique as far as events go.

There is a clear difference between being critical and spewing vitriol, please learn it.

You do realize all the awards any event gave is the same old rewards that every single event had right? Maybe one or two things different but same old stuff. And as far as arcane goes its just more grinding and a new map that follows no story just a random story with random bosses to make sure people grind more and spend more money on this dead game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    I'm going to ask you the same thing I ask everyone else who whines about how much nexon sucks and how dead and garbage the game is: why are you still here?

If everything is as bad as you say, why are you still spending your time here? I'm genuinely curious.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited March 2019

You do realize all the awards any event gave is the same old rewards that every single event had right? Maybe one or two things different but same old stuff. And as far as arcane goes its just more grinding and a new map that follows no story just a random story with random bosses to make sure people grind more and spend more money on this dead game.

In terms of events having the same items in the event shops, it shouldn't matter as long as said items are useful. Expecting every event to create some new scroll or event ring is a worse idea than them reusing items from previous events. Inventory clutter would suck for one thing, but even having said that, they're still coming up with new items, so I'm really not sure what the issue is. If you're expecting shops to be completely full on new items, then you should get real. Honestly it just seems like you're ignoring all of the new items for the sake of your point. If the items in the coin shops were useless, and they kept reusing those items in the event shops, I'd agree with you, but that's simply not what's happening.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019

In terms of events having the same items in the event shops, it shouldn't matter as long as said items are useful. Expecting every event to create some new scroll or event ring is a worse idea than them reusing items from previous events. Inventory clutter would suck for one thing, but even having said that, they're still coming up with new items, so I'm really not sure what the issue is. If you're expecting shops to be completely full on new items, then you should get real. Honestly it just seems like you're ignoring all of the new items for the sake of your point. If the items in the coin shops were useless, and they kept reusing those items in the event shops, I'd agree with you, but that's simply not what's happening.

It's like he opens the coin shop, looks only at the first tab of items, then closes it because "stupid nexon reusing the exact same items every single event".
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    edited March 2019

What new items are u talking about LOL. Same old stuff with different names and effects, for example damage skins, all same sht just different skins. Same cubes scrolls, different rings with same effects, same chairs maybe 1 new chair, like what are u talking about new things? And if you cant come up with new items for events than just dont put out so many events just to make people interested in the game. I mean literally they put 2x for every week for like 3 months at one point, thats just EZ GAME EZ LIFE for people. 2x used to mean something, as in no matter what, no matter if there was a plane crashing people would log in to get that 2x cuase it was so god damn rare. I mean events in this game used to be unique. A definition of Event means its special and happens occasionally, But here a new event is supposed to happen right away after a past event just ended, and the same rewards, yes different rings, but same fking effects and some of them are not even perm. They do that with everything , damage skins, chairs, its the same old things just 1 or 2 things that are different, so in the future at 1 point events are gonna be like garbage cause its the same things. For example before when they had special box where if you logged on for that 1 minute, you would get a lvl up potion with some other extra stuff. MAN everyone used to log on at that time cause holy crap it was sooooooooo special, they would log even if they were at work. Now that is called a event, these events nexon running for years are just dailies now LOL. I mean i understand the items are useful and everything but why call it a event, events are unique, special not same old stuff every time, thats not a event anymore. Its like ," o look new event, same old rewards, ok whatever ill miss this 1 doesn't matter cause the next event will start soon after this one with same rewards." What kinda event is that if people have that kinda mentality? Al they are doing is putting different themes with same shops. I mean you guys are missing the whole point, Special EVENT, means special time with special items, GAME IS TO EZ. If I spend 2k on this game il have same range as someone
    who spend 5 years playing this game, what kinda game is that LOL.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    edited March 2019
    I'm going to ask you the same thing I ask everyone else who whines about how much nexon sucks and how dead and garbage the game is: why are you still here?

If everything is as bad as you say, why are you still spending your time here? I'm genuinely curious.

Only reason im crying like a baby right now is cause i spent almost half my life playing this game, and this is what happens to this once awesome game? **** its like a investment at this point and my investment went to 0, thats why im making a fuss and people like you who just want to be positive, who think everything will fix itself and doesn't look at the stupid mistakes nexon did are just making the people who run nexon more ignorant. I mean you tell me, Is the game popularity and activeness going up or down, and if you say up than ur just as ignorant as the people at nexon. Like now its just , Ok dailies, bosses and afk. WTF lol boring ass game.
    WONDERGUY
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited March 2019

I like the story, the characters, the music, the art. Almost everything that makes the game I absolutely love. I can endure a lot of the poor design like some bosses because I like playing it. That's why it is painful to see how Nexon is just unable or unwilling to have good management. If I played games based on who publish it then I wouldn't be playing, but I love MS enough to keep on going. They have a goldmine right here, this game is unique and would be all the better if they actually bothered in getting their management right.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019

I like the story, the characters, the music, the art. Almost everything that makes the game I absolutely love. I can endure a lot of the poor design like some bosses because I like playing it. That's why it is painful to see how Nexon is just unable or unwilling to have good management. If I played games based on who publish it then I wouldn't be playing, but I love MS enough to keep on going. They have a goldmine right here, this game is unique and would be all the better if they actually bothered in getting their management right.

What you've got to understand, though, is that nexon's hands are more than likely tied on a large number of matters. There is very little that they can do without running it by Korea first. I've heard here and there that they even have to get the OK on compensation from Korea too. Those bebe boxes? Even those.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    edited March 2019

What you've got to understand, though, is that nexon's hands are more than likely tied on a large number of matters. There is very little that they can do without running it by Korea first. I've heard here and there that they even have to get the OK on compensation from Korea too. Those bebe boxes? Even those.

Even if you have to run it through Korea first if they really wanted something done then they would have it done, I don't think you need to wait 2/3 years for Korea's answer in how to fix a lot of the issues we have, or that they need their much of consent for content that isn't even Korean. Also why the need of Nexon of America if they only work as a middleman? Wouldn't it be more efficient to have Korea do all their work directly instead? Nexon of America is giving Nexon as a whole a bad name if this is how they really work.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2019

Even if you have to run it through Korea first if they really wanted something done then they would have it done, I don't think you need to wait 2/3 years for Korea's answer in how to fix a lot of the issues we have, or that they need their much of consent for content that isn't even Korean. Also why the need of Nexon of America if they only work as a middleman? Wouldn't it be more efficient to have Korea do all their work directly instead? Nexon of America is giving Nexon as a whole a bad name if this is how they really work.

thats the "dying" part most refer to
    slowly GMS its let to korean hands like EMS was slowly to american (GMS)
    GMS rather take "steal" from other regions or copy loop the same one then develope own and unique :(
    somtime its crazy
    like last year or two GMS started to fail fit that copy-paste
    the anniversary GMS did was copy of korean ("hallowen/scary") event
    and much other "fails" like that :(
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    GMS rather take "steal" from other regions or copy loop the same one then develope own and unique :(
    somtime its crazy

You've got to remember that nexon over in Korea is the main instance of the company, and nexon over here in the US is just a subsidiary company. There are no devs working at nexon's US office. There's a gms team in Korea, but that's about it. And surely you must be aware that anniversary events have pretty much always been exactly what Korea had the year before? Korea had prime scrolls for their 10th anniversary, that's why they give 10 of things. They were introduced over here for the 9th anniversary. If you actually pay attention, these things become more apparent.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2019
    somtime its crazy

You've got to remember that nexon over in Korea is the main instance of the company, and nexon over here in the US is just a subsidiary company. There are no devs working at nexon's US office. There's a gms team in Korea, but that's about it. And surely you must be aware that anniversary events have pretty much always been exactly what Korea had the year before? Korea had prime scrolls for their 10th anniversary, that's why they give 10 of things. They were introduced over here for the 9th anniversary. If you actually pay attention, these things become more apparent.

its not true
    last few anniversary in GMS was random copy event from KMS/TMS (as i said with 12th anniversary )
    what primes lol ? GMS removes them from coin store to sell them in lootbox $$$$ (9th anniversary lol like 5years ago if not more )
    we got 2-3 coin shop lists/npc that only get image/name/skin/chair change
    see now its korea this korea that .... no teams ....
    thats not exuse and that wasnt a case before in old MS where we had local event unique and dif
    people found out about that after GMS started to "fail"solve things on time and mistakes in translate

they might aswell merge us with KMS so we wont wait alot on fix/updates they will only need quicker and better translate
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited March 2019
    its not true
    last few anniversary in GMS was random copy event from KMS/TMS (as i said with 12th anniversary )
    what primes lol ? GMS removes them from coin store to sell them in lootbox $$$$ (9th anniversary lol like 5years ago if not more )
    we got 2-3 coin shop lists/npc that only get image/name/skin/chair change
    see now its korea this korea that .... no teams ....
    thats not exuse and that wasnt a case before in old MS where we had local event unique and dif
    people found out about that after GMS started to "fail"solve things on time and mistakes in translate

they might aswell merge us with KMS so we wont wait alot on fix/updates they will only need quicker and better translate

Do you even read half of what you post? Or do you just string-of-consciousness your posts and call it a day? I have no idea what the hell you tried to say here, only that it was a poor attempt to disprove the fact that all anniversary events have come from kms.