[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What should be discussed in maplefest

rizariza
Reactions: 3,025
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Hello, all I heard while in ms2 discord "best discord ;) " that maple fest is coming up. Now Nexon would most likely give us some items and give us some stuff and end the event and that be it. I think if we going to do an event like that it would be a waste of time doing it that way. last year made a lot of sense due to the releases of MSM and ms2, but now that they exhausted their ideas are they going to get back to the issues they had in previous games like our platform here in ms1. Now there's a lot of issues in ms1 like a lot that can be a never-ending list. Now I was wondering if any of you guys had questions to ask developers if you attend the event or things you want to ask them about their plans for fixing ongoing issues. We are having lagging problems, people who are cheating who are most popular getting short ban times while people who aren't as known to get perm ban whether they have done something or not as we have seen in last 2 months ago. Now, these issues I feel we need to address and not cover up and a simple stream cant sum up a majority opinion. Now my question today is if you had a question to ask developers and owners during maple fest what would you ask them. Issue or not it would be a good idea to have a question panel for soft but hard questions. My question would be well I have a few. First one would be about the transfer coupons or a fix for the failure world transfer event. Second would be the tos and how they define it and if they plan on redefining it after the banning of Zhong. As people who aren't streamers get a ban so if they do a lighter offense then a non-streamer would they be ignored? The last question would be about the servers and if they plan on investing in new servers or leaving it for the game to die. I hope to see some people here give their opinion and maybe show a question they want to ask Nexon during maple fest.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    riza wrote: »
    Hello, all I heard while in ms2 discord "best discord ;) " that maple fest is coming up.
    Now Nexon would most likely give us some items and give us some stuff and end the event and that be it.
    I think if we going to do an event like that it would be a waste of time doing it that way.
    last year made a lot of sense due to the releases of MSM and ms2,
    but now that they exhausted their ideas are they going to get back to the issues they had in previous games like our platform here in ms1.

Now there's a lot of issues in ms1 like a lot that can be a never-ending list.
    Now I was wondering if any of you guys had questions to ask developers if you attend
    the event or things you want to ask them about their plans for fixing ongoing issues.

We are having lagging problems, people who are cheating who are most popular getting short ban times
    while people who aren't as known to get perm ban whether they have done something or not as we have seen in last 2 months ago.
    Now, these issues I feel we need to address and not cover up and a simple stream cant sum up a majority opinion.
    Now my question today is if you had a question to ask developers and owners during maple fest what would you ask them.

Issue or not it would be a good idea to have a question panel for soft but hard questions.
    My question would be well I have a few. First one would be about the transfer coupons or a fix for the failure world transfer event.
    Second would be the tos and how they define it and if they plan on redefining it after the banning of Zhong.
    As people who aren't streamers get a ban so if they do a lighter offense then a non-streamer would they be ignored?

The last question would be about the servers and if they plan on investing in new servers or leaving it for the game to die.
    I hope to see some people here give their opinion and maybe show a question they want to ask Nexon during maple fest.

Riza please learn to format, I've got terrible eyesight and your posts are a nightmare to read.
    Shift + Enter will go a long way for those of us who cannot see.

This is an extremely good idea.
    Nexon will have a much harder time dodging hard questions if it's done in person. (And possibly recorded)
    On a stream they can cherry pick questions and avoid the harder to deal with subjects.
    On a live set, people are going to know it was asked and want the answer.

If these types of questions are going to be asked at this event it would be nice to have a thread focused on what questions are really important to the community.
    Not just at this moment, but in the future as well. What do we, as players, want from MapleStory in the future? What are the questions we should be asking?

A good question I think would be to ask what Nexon plans to do about the decline of party play and how they intent to boost its usage.
    If the idea is to phase out party play even further, do they think that this method will really support MapleStory in the long run?

Are there any plans to make in-game communication easier?
    Why do players have to pay (per message) to gain access to a server wide system?
    Several other MMOs support both server wide and a "Megaphone" system as well. Why can't we get that?

This is all assuming they even do a Q/A.
    Which if they don't, why does Nexon seem to care so little about their fanbase, which makes all this possible in the first place?
    All I want as a player is honest answers and more communication.

• DeadBotDeadBot
    Reactions: 870
    edited March 2019
    Hey Riza, Its not nice to call out "ms2 discord is the best discord" since you are on that thin line of a mod terminating your forums account which could affect your Forum account to MapleStory's 2 page.

Second of all, you know the Staff team will only pull out "hot topics" that are going through maple rn and since your terminated from the discord, you kinda dont know whats going on with the game. Mainly whats going to be talked about is the "Maple Adventures update" W/ the new class coming out and changes going along with the game with live feedback with the selected players who got accepted to the event. (yes they may still bring up the topic of trying to fix the lag but first they need to fix their security and get a new anticheat program that could stop the hackers since they are half the reason why the game lags so badly. Then some people are going to bring a topic up on a Huge Server merg since after the world transfer event, everyone owns now Bera and we have so many dead servers that its time to fix that.)

Now going along with Zhong and his ban. You should know the community kinda controls whats going on and due to the issue that Zhong did, Nexon Staff will not bring anything onto the table about it. The only time they would change the TOS because of that issue is if it effected half of the community and players go into war from it. You should know that last event they did talk about fixing the issue of the game with Raytings and Aru, but things will slowly change but we wont really notice it till in a few years.

All we really need to is wait and see if anything happens, nothing happens, then that's that. We really cannot make a huge difference unless we get a job at nexon but some people would be praying after that if we so get accepted and surviving there.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    DeadBot wrote: »
    Hey Riza, Its not nice to call out "ms2 discord is the best discord" since you are on that thin line of a mod terminating your forums account which could affect your Forum account to MapleStory's 2 page.

Second of all, you know the Staff team will only pull out "hot topics" that are going through maple rn and since your terminated from the discord, you kinda dont know whats going on with the game. Mainly whats going to be talked about is the "Maple Adventures update" W/ the new class coming out and changes going along with the game with live feedback with the selected players who got accepted to the event. (yes they may still bring up the topic of trying to fix the lag but first they need to fix their security and get a new anticheat program that could stop the hackers since they are half the reason why the game lags so badly. Then some people are going to bring a topic up on a Huge Server merg since after the world transfer event, everyone owns now Bera and we have so many dead servers that its time to fix that.)

Now going along with Zhong and his ban. You should know the community kinda controls whats going on and due to the issue that Zhong did, Nexon Staff will not bring anything onto the table about it. The only time they would change the TOS because of that issue is if it effected half of the community and players go into war from it. You should know that last event they did talk about fixing the issue of the game with Raytings and Aru, but things will slowly change but we wont really notice it till in a few years.

All we really need to is wait and see if anything happens, nothing happens, then that's that. We really cannot make a huge difference unless we get a job at nexon but some people would be praying after that if we so get accepted and surviving there.

It's the only one he hasn't been banned from yet, somehow. Beyond that, you're basically spot-on about what they're going to talk about. It's going to be upcoming additions, updates, patches, probably talking a bit about updates yet to come later in the year and such.
    DeadBot
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    This is an extremely good idea.
    Nexon will have a much harder time dodging hard questions if it's done in person. (And possibly recorded)
    On a stream they can cherry pick questions and avoid the harder to deal with subjects.
    On a live set, people are going to know it was asked and want the answer.

If these types of questions are going to be asked at this event it would be nice to have a thread focused on what questions are really important to the community.
    Not just at this moment, but in the future as well. What do we, as players, want from MapleStory in the future? What are the questions we should be asking?

A good question I think would be to ask what Nexon plans to do about the decline of party play and how they intent to boost its usage.
    If the idea is to phase out party play even further, do they think that this method will really support MapleStory in the long run?

Are there any plans to make in-game communication easier?
    Why do players have to pay (per message) to gain access to a server wide system?
    Several other MMOs support both server wide and a "Megaphone" system as well. Why can't we get that?

This is all assuming they even do a Q/A.
    Which if they don't, why does Nexon seem to care so little about their fanbase, which makes all this possible in the first place?
    All I want as a player is honest answers and more communication.

Last year they had a Q&A, but the questions were asked by the host, and the answers (although given in Korean and then translated into English) were clearly pre-rehearsed. Needless to say, none of the questions were the "hard questions".
    I doubt they'll actually give the microphone to the audience this time.

And yet, Nexon is aware of our hard questions. SavageAce's memos regularly mention them. He does not give us answers, but it's clear that he (and "the team") know what our concerns are. They're not answering either because they don't have a decision yet, or because they want to keep it secret. Neither of which will change at maplefest.

However, it's not all bad news. Looking at last year's version of this thread, http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19287/if-you-got-the-mic-at-the-maplestory-fest-q-a/p1, quite a few issues have been addressed since. We got bonus stats (flames) and 25 star cap, we got fairy bros gifts, we got more character slots, we got told the rates of "loot box" items, and we got EU Reboot.

Hopefully, in the coming year, more issues will be resolved. Maybe even some serious ones. With or without being raised at MapleStory Fest.
    DeadBotSlicedTimeFuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Last year they had a Q&A, but the questions were asked by the host, and the answers (although given in Korean and then translated into English) were clearly pre-rehearsed. Needless to say, none of the questions were the "hard questions".
    I doubt they'll actually give the microphone to the audience this time.

And yet, Nexon is aware of our hard questions. SavageAce's memos regularly mention them. He does not give us answers, but it's clear that he (and "the team") know what our concerns are. They're not answering either because they don't have a decision yet, or because they want to keep it secret. Neither of which will change at maplefest.

However, it's not all bad news. Looking at last year's version of this thread, http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19287/if-you-got-the-mic-at-the-maplestory-fest-q-a/p1, quite a few issues have been addressed since. We got bonus stats (flames) and 25 star cap, we got fairy bros gifts, we got more character slots, we got told the rates of "loot box" items, and we got EU Reboot.

Hopefully, in the coming year, more issues will be resolved. Maybe even some serious ones. With or without being raised at MapleStory Fest.

I'm hoping, of the issues that are ultimately resolved this year, server populations will be one of them.
    FuhreakHuskyDM
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

This is true enough. Nexon is certainly doing better these days imo about transparency.
    We shouldn't expect a complete turn around with 100% transparency and road maps for MapleStory for the next year just yet.
    I do feel like they're doing almost everything they can to improve customer relations as of late, I just see all that and want the next tier up is all.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited March 2019
    I just wanna know how that CWKPQ fix is doing. Wish they didn't remove it if they didn't have a reasonable timeframe to fix it.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Ask them why they keep nerfing our ability to grind.

hs nerfed from multiplied to additive
    Drop rates ruined
    2x weekends vanish
    New zones added that don't even drop symbols/droplets
    Normal only - no exp coupons

or better yet ask them why they keep saying they want to communicate but never do it.
  • rizariza
    edited March 2019
    Great comments lol I think that thread with getting the mic makes sense but I feel that the community should voice their opinion and have a chance to bring it up and the Nexon team answer most of them. It's good to do it at maple fest cause they can't run or dodge it. I feel the population issue and world merge or transfer is by far at least to me and many others top priority, 2nd would be fixing tos and ban appeals, 3rd would be new things to put in game or returning things like pvp "the old real pvp" maybe in Ursus fashion, also new party bossing or things to do in game to promote socializing and getting to know people and building healthy community. But yea I think it be a great idea I would ask the hardest questions lmao, but if anyone can do it and do it in a way that can get them to speak I be happy with that :D
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    I really hope they talk about the hard issues. New class and stuff is good but there is no point on those if there is no game to be played.
    SlicedTimeMerphist
  • rizariza
    edited March 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I really hope they talk about the hard issues. New class and stuff is good but there is no point on those if there is no game to be played.

exactly but there's a lot of topics to talk about as many people are upset I been voice chatting people and heard all the complaints so far I was just wondering if anyone felt the same and willing to ask hard questions lol. kinda like deadbot said I am ban so I can voice my questions or opinion much. But I'm sure someone will ask the right questions and get them to answer even just 1 of them.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2019
    This is how I rank on issues that should be discussed (1 being most important)

1) Fate of kishin
    2) Server merger
    3) Droplets drop rate buff
    4) Gollux restock
    5) Chat censor toggle
  • rizariza
    edited March 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    This is how I rank on issues that should be discussed (1 being most important)

1) Fate of kishin
    2) Server merger
    3) Droplets drop rate buff
    4) Gollux restock
    5) Chat censor toggle

those are good topics I don't agree with 3 out of 5 of them but great topics for me number issue that should be addressed and dealt with is world merge or transfer. also tos and the fate of players who been ban and not given the same treatment as others who are well known.
  • MerphistMerphist
    Reactions: 890
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Oh I do hope they maybe discuss the topic of GMS exclusive content a little. Like Jett being really/somewhat under-powered. But since the event is pretty long, hopefully they'll jump to the big topics the community has in mind for them since they might/may have enough time. The only thing I hope they won't do is world transfers; #1 is the fact that other worlds will die quicker that aren't "popular".
    HuskyDM
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Don't worry everyone it's maplestory fest which means they'll devote all the time to the games they still care about: ms2, and ms mobile