[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Have hit a stone wall

AnomaletixAnomaletix
Reactions: 800
edited March 2019 in General Chat
So, i've been playing warrior on reboot, and it was fun. But after hitting lvl 70, it got kinda boring. It just feels like grinding. Any tips on how to make it a bit more interesting?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Branch out into different classes. Maybe that specific warrior(I'm assuming one of the three explorer warriors) you chose isn't a good fit or isn't what you were hoping it'd be. If there's a class you looked at and thought "there's no way in hell I would enjoy playing that", give that one a try and you might surprise yourself.
    scholar624
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited March 2019
    Going off what Aggraphine posted,

Try taking up different classes that catch your eye. This will build up your legion rank; making your journeys a little easier depending on how you arrange your character tiles on the legion grid.
  • AnomaletixAnomaletix
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Branch out into different classes. Maybe that specific warrior(I'm assuming one of the three explorer warriors) you chose isn't a good fit or isn't what you were hoping it'd be. If there's a class you looked at and thought "there's no way in hell I would enjoy playing that", give that one a try and you might surprise yourself.

I was playing the black knight route (as it looked really cool) and it's super fun. Im gonna try that multi-class idea, but the main thing is, that the actual game just feels like a massive grind after a while.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Anomaletix wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I was playing the black knight route (as it looked really cool) and it's super fun. Im gonna try that multi-class idea, but the main thing is, that the actual game just feels like a massive grind after a while.

No you're absolutely right. The game is a massive grind. The kicker is that you're still well within what most people consider the easiest point of the game. Finding a class that really clicks with you definitely helps things though.

It could be simpler than that too, you could be in a map that's poorly-set up for your skill kit.
  • AnomaletixAnomaletix
    edited March 2019
    I think that map thing is probably why. Im in orbis, which just feels like one massive side quest.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    I think that map thing is probably why. Im in orbis, which just feels like one massive side quest.

There are plenty of 70-ish areas like Sleepywood or Excavation Site. You should look on those and see if it is more comfortable to hunt in there. You can also start over a new class or (if you really like Warrior) switch to Hero or Paladin when you reach lv100.
  • AnomaletixAnomaletix
    edited March 2019
    thanks for the info
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    The closer you get to the next job advance, the slower the grind feels in my personal experience.
    So it slows down slightly around 50-60, again around 80-100, and one more time around 160-200.
    For me anyway, the 160-210 Range is my least favorite grind.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited March 2019
    It just feels like grinding

that's kinda the point. Its only gonna get grindier, especially from lvl 220 onward.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The closer you get to the next job advance, the slower the grind feels in my personal experience.
    So it slows down slightly around 50-60, again around 80-100, and one more time around 160-200.
    For me anyway, the 160-210 Range is my least favorite grind.

I think 60-90 its also pretty bad unless you are doing pure grinding. At least by 160-210 you can work in any prequests you may have missed, but 60-90 is pretty barren of content.
    Fuhreak