[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

SUPERIOR GOLLUX EQUIPS ON REBOOT

EverAstaEverAsta
Reactions: 510
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please allow resets on purchase limit for GOLLUX EQUIPS on REBOOT.

MONTHLY RESET on purchase limit sounds most reasonable but WEEKLY would be good too.
  1. GOOD IDEA?21 votes
    1. YES
       90% (19 votes)
    2. NO
       10% (2 votes)

Comments

• FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited March 2019
    YES PLEASE
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2019
    We have been desperate for this...maybe, just MAYBE they will announce it at Maple Fest.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    It's definitely something that should be done. How exactly it's done could be discussed. For example, I'd rather they did something more interesting like adding even higher difficulties of gollux that drop all gear...

But like all issues where is Nexon? Where is the communication?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    It's definitely something that should be done. How exactly it's done could be discussed. For example, I'd rather they did something more interesting like adding even higher difficulties of gollux that drop all gear...

But like all issues where is Nexon? Where is the communication?

Look at event shops with weekly resets. The coding exists, in that sense. :T Unfortunately I have to agree...I wanna hear more about this. @Ghiblee is our only hope :P
    darik
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2019
    Non reboot too plz
    SlicedTimeDiximaNPetalmagicdarik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Honestly this could be fixed by just adding the two items to the drop table if Nexon is that lazy.
    SlicedTime
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Non reboot too plz

Non-reboot doesn't need it. You have the option of buying them from the auction house or making a new character for the specific purpose of reacquiring an earring or ring that you've blown up. Reboot, on the other hand, has no choice but to suck it up and deal if they blow up a superior ring or earring.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Non-reboot doesn't need it. You have the option of buying them from the auction house or making a new character for the specific purpose of reacquiring an earring or ring that you've blown up. Reboot, on the other hand, has no choice but to suck it up and deal if they blow up a superior ring or earring.

Why should regular servers have to go through the hassle of a) redoing those excrtiatingly long quests and getting carried to kill Gollux or b) forking over billions of mesos to buy replacements ? There is absolutely no reason why the shop shouldn't restock weekly/monthly, especially when gear progression is centered around a system that destroys your equipment.
    SlicedTimeDarkPassengerdarik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Mira wrote: »

Why should regular servers have to go through the hassle of a) redoing those excrtiatingly long quests and getting carried to kill Gollux or b) forking over billions of mesos to buy replacements ? There is absolutely no reason why the shop shouldn't restock weekly/monthly, especially when gear progression is centered around a system that destroys your equipment.

Because, unlike reboot, you actually have those options. Reboot has nothing.
    Beef
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

There is absolutely no reason?
    Tell that to the people whose main source of meso income is going through said excruciating quest and selling the ring and earring to those who'd rather pay than do it themselves.
    Allowing the shop to restock will change the economy of non-Reboot worlds, so it needs careful consideration.
    FuhreakEverAsta
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

There is absolutely no reason?
    Tell that to the people whose main source of meso income is going through said excruciating quest and selling the ring and earring to those who'd rather pay than do it themselves.
    Allowing the shop to restock will change the economy of non-Reboot worlds, so it needs careful consideration.

that might be true, but at the same time if the gollux gear did restock they would go down and it would cost less, which could also be a boost for f2p players so they can get higher star force in the game, and not create a whole character just to do gollux. While rebooters gets to do a run and get a replacement.

also btw the non reboot world's economy already seems fucked to me since the playerbase are all over the servers and nexon not merging them. So i really don't think nexon gives a sht about the server's economy, and plus there's other ways for players to get meso still.

Or if you really also just hate that idea, i don't think it would be too much of a struggle to turn them untradable, after it's restocked.
    darik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Reminder that I am in favour of adding additional ways of getting these equips, but I don't think the solution should be as lazy as "shop now restocks."

There's a separate but important discussion happening here as well. Normal servers should not be excluded from QoL improvements just because it's solving a reboot specific issue. Normal server wants a better game experience just as much as reboot does.

Additionally, unless you plan to literally split into two completely different games differences should be minimised not maximised.
    darik
  • EverAstaEverAsta
    edited April 2019
    At the end of the day, where is Nexon's reply in all this? To be honest, non-Reboots aside, Reboot server is in desperate need of an answer.\

Some sort of a way to restock on Gollux Equips other then relying on 5%? drop rate? I don't even know if those equips are on the drop table of most difficult Gollux.

This is not a problem in KMS since they don't have Gollux all together. Is that why Global Nexon can't say anything? Because KMS can't do anything?
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    EverAsta wrote: »
    At the end of the day, where is Nexon's reply in all this? To be honest, non-Reboots aside, Reboot server is in desperate need of an answer.\

Some sort of a way to restock on Gollux Equips other then relying on 5%? drop rate? I don't even know if those equips are on the drop table of most difficult Gollux.

This is not a problem in KMS since they don't have Gollux all together. Is that why Global Nexon can't say anything? Because KMS can't do anything?

"We'll discuss this internally"
    FuhreakBeefdarikMikuloverLaudier
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

"We'll discuss this internally"

wowe such transparency

Fuhreakdarik
  • EverAstaEverAsta
    edited April 2019
    I really hope the discussion is at the point where HOW they will allow Reboot players to get easier access to Superior Gollux items,

NOT whether if they should allow Reboot players to have easier access to the items.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    EverAsta wrote: »
    I really hope the discussion is at the point where HOW they will allow Reboot players to get easier access to Superior Gollux items,

NOT whether if they should allow Reboot players to have easier access to the items.

Keep your hopes up and your expectations low.
    Fuhreak
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited April 2019
    it shouldnt be that bad for main server to get restock, since 25 star forces a chance of booming and also people already buying gollux scrolls, you gotta assume they aint got that much coins to impact the economy in an extreme way.
  • InkstainInkstain
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2019
    blew up my ring too please nexon please!!!!
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Non reboot too plz

I play in reboot but adding it to normal servers is a god idea too
This discussion has been closed.