[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Eu reboot has died!

SteffezzSteffezz
Reactions: 310
edited March 2019 in General Chat
Sorry for the dramatic title.

I myself am from EU and been playing Maple for years. Reboot is according to me, one of the best thing Maple's Made for us that never wanted to put tons of Money into the game. Which i Appriciate, i also farmed and spent alot of time on NA Reboot, but because of the ping, When they released EU, i left NA in Hope to aid EU Reboot in becoming equally popular...

Sadly it started dying out over time and now is dying more and more. Surely we have players still but my Point is that sometime on regular EU time, lets say 6pm when ppl quit work/school, Eu Reboot is just as popular or even less then NA's Reboot and thats not even their "Prime time". For those who dont know what prime time is, that reffers to most populated hours during a day. (With exception of events ofc).

My main oppinion of EU Dying is due to the SOLO gameplay in maplestory and people just tire after playing so much alone. Old School Maple used to be party oriented and a team game. For those that did Ludi PQ or Kerning PQ. You guys know what im talking about. Not everyone liked these PQ's but the Point doesnt change. We had teamwork and small stuff made a difference.

I had an idea that i do understand Nexon would have a hard time making but it surely would Live up the game again... What if they Merged the Servers and Allowed EU players to logg in via EU and Na via NA servers but both servers played on the same platform.

I have an minor understanding that this kind of combination would have tons of bugs, cost Money and other problem. But is there any chance NEXON would consider this?

Let me hear your oppinions and be gentle and polite.

Thanks - Steff
WONDERGUY

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Unfortunately, your suggestion is not feasible, for the same reason that EU Reboot was wanted in the first place: latency (ping). Would the merged server you suggest be physically located in Europe or America? Either location would cause the players from the other continent to have slow response time.

I believe that the way to save EU Reboot is to allow server leap from NA Reboot to EU Reboot.
    I think that EU Reboot was introduced too late, and most Europeans who wanted the Reboot playstyle were already too invested in NA Reboot to start over on the new EU Reboot. But if Nexon allows them to move all their characters and items, they might be willing to give up their current guilds and friends for improved latency.
    Fuhreakdarik
  • SteffezzSteffezz
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Unfortunately, your suggestion is not feasible, for the same reason that EU Reboot was wanted in the first place: latency (ping). Would the merged server you suggest be physically located in Europe or America? Either location would cause the players from the other continent to have slow response time.

I believe that the way to save EU Reboot is to allow server leap from NA Reboot to EU Reboot.
    I think that EU Reboot was introduced too late, and most Europeans who wanted the Reboot playstyle were already too invested in NA Reboot to start over on the new EU Reboot. But if Nexon allows them to move all their characters and items, they might be willing to give up their current guilds and friends for improved latency.

I see your Point Mr. I totally agree with those wise thoughts.

Im not as experienced in this subject, but is there any kind of way to have a server in America and EU through we connect ut at the same time play on the same platform?

So our NA and EU servers connected to a third party server that allows us both to have a good ping on the same global server ? If my question is too mesy, let me know. Ill try to re write it..
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Steffezz wrote: »

Im not as experienced in this subject, but is there any kind of way to have a server in America and EU through we connect ut at the same time play on the same platform?

So our NA and EU servers connected to a third party server that allows us both to have a good ping on the same global server ? If my question is too mesy, let me know. Ill try to re write it..

No, because this third party server would still need to be in some physical location, and you would still need to wait until your commands go through your local server to the "shared" server and then the response can travel all the way back to you.
  • SteffezzSteffezz
    edited March 2019

No, because this third party server would still need to be in some physical location, and you would still need to wait until your commands go through your local server to the "shared" server and then the response can travel all the way back to you.

Alright. is there a possibility to make a server that improves the ping a bit more then what it used to be and merge the servers? Because i honestly dont Think keeping them split is doing any good... Unless they make an OLD MS server that attracts tons of old players and perhaps some of them will start playing Reboot and populate the game again..

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Alright. is there a possibility to make a server that improves the ping a bit more then what it used to be and merge the servers? Because i honestly dont Think keeping them split is doing any good... Unless they make an OLD MS server that attracts tons of old players and perhaps some of them will start playing Reboot and populate the game again..

You keep missing the point. The physical server that you are connecting to has to be located on one side of the Atlantic Ocean or the other. Anywhere you host it, one group of people is going to have garbage latency. Host it in NA? EU players lag. Host it in EU? NA players lag. Your idea to merge the two reboot servers into one just isn't feasible for that fact alone.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

You keep missing the point. The physical server that you are connecting to has to be located on one side of the Atlantic Ocean or the other. Anywhere you host it, one group of people is going to have garbage latency. Host it in NA? EU players lag. Host it in EU? NA players lag. Your idea to merge the two reboot servers into one just isn't feasible for that fact alone.

Big brained solution: Host the server within a biodome in the Atlantic Ocean
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

The only way this would be possible is to host the channels on different servers, which would probably require a complete rewrite of MapleStory's code.
    The channels were most likely designed to run on either a single machine, or a chain of machines all on a single network.
    So basically, it's impossible.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Path of Exile does it, somehow, with different portals to enter through in different parts of the world, and everyone being lumped together in one persistent world beyond that point. It's likely that the game was specifically designed that way, and not something they decided to throw in years after the fact, so "why can't nexon just do that too?" is not going to get anywhere.
    SlicedTime
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited March 2019
    deleted