[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

What is the current endgame gear? 4/1/2019

Nuthb606Nuthb606
Reactions: 805
in General Chat
So I'm just coming back after quitting maybe 3-4 years ago. What is the current end game gear Not cheapest endgame gear but the best of the best you should get? Back when I was playing it was faf top/bot weapon gollux 2 pendants ring and earrings and all tyrants. I play nl. Is princess no charm still the best secondary? Im not looking at the cheap end i want what is the best you can possibly get.Please explain why aswell. Prime scrolling still the best? whats up with transposing? No1 ever really did that when I was playing.I was pretty close to end game 12 star tyrants with leg potted items and bonus pot I gave most of my things away so im planning to rebuild it back up.If i start again.what is the best psokable heart is it still outlaw? SO what is best endgame gear that is tradeable. or psokable i should say.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Your gear should still be fairly powerful, but you need to take flames into account. Any nebulites you had on your items should have been converted to equivalent stats according to this chart.

End-game technically includes Arcane Umbra equipment at this point: the hat, gloves, shoes, cape, weapon, and shoulder all beat out their respective Tyrant/Sweetwater/Absolab equivalents. Similarly, the Berserked face accessory from hard-mode Lotus and the Magic Eye Patch from hard-mode Damien beat out those slots, while the Dreamy Belt from Lucid and the Cursed Spellbook from Will beat out the belt and pocket accessories.

The most powerful weapon in the game is the Genesis weapon, obtainable only by beating the Black Mage. The Genesis weapon has to be unsealed by completing a series of challenges, such as defeating Von Leon while wearing only your weapon and secondary, followed by defeating the Black Mage again. It's unlikely you'll get this, due to its difficulty.
    YinYangX
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Technically speaking, the CRA Hat is better than Arcane when you have a Genesis weapon, as it allows you to get the 4 set bonus for CRA, and the bonus level for having an Arcane Umbra hat is negligible compared to the 4-set CRA effect. But since an unsealed Genesis weapon is a loooooong way's away, you can go for an Arcane Umbra hat. However, it'll be much easier to scroll/star a CRA hat than an Umbra one.
    JettLuvsU
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Think PNo is still best secondary.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    Technically speaking, the CRA Hat is better than Arcane when you have a Genesis weapon, as it allows you to get the 4 set bonus for CRA, and the bonus level for having an Arcane Umbra hat is negligible compared to the 4-set CRA effect. But since an unsealed Genesis weapon is a loooooong way's away, you can go for an Arcane Umbra hat. However, it'll be much easier to scroll/star a CRA hat than an Umbra one.

If joker items, genesis weapon included, work the way I think they do, cra hat, top and bottom, then arcane shoes, gloves, boots and cape would be the best setup because it would give you the four-piece cra set effect, as well as the five-piece arcane set effect.
  • Nuthb606Nuthb606
    edited April 2019
    so how come tyrants are out? they give more weapon att then the counterparts unless going past the 17 stars starts giving weapon att. I know arcane has a good set affect but doesnt tyrants beat it by alot with the weapon att. i havent looked at the total differences in stats soo hard to find things now a days I used to compare using owls looking at the actual item now i cant. BTW best way to scroll for me wasnt using primes it was using icogs or cogs to get weapon att at least 3 minimum per scroll.Highly unlikely but thats what i mean by it doesn't matter amount of money LOL.Then again i only did the 1st scroll with cog that was good then primed alot easier to do.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Going past 17 stars, specifically to 22 stars, is exactly what makes Arcane Umbra beat out Tyrants.
    But the difference requires 22 stars on all starable items and the inclusion of 5 Arcane Umbra gear for the set effect, which is why I noted that your gear is still powerful at the moment.
  • Nuthb606Nuthb606
    edited April 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Going past 17 stars, specifically to 22 stars, is exactly what makes Arcane Umbra beat out Tyrants.
    But the difference requires 22 stars on all starable items and the inclusion of 5 Arcane Umbra gear for the set effect, which is why I noted that your gear is still powerful at the moment.

Ahh i see now just looked at the stats it starts adding att after 15 stars. So new question because the flame thing is out now im wondering does it affect weapon staring? Ik forsure that when you want to start starring weapons you have to max the upgrade and hammers to get the most out of it because of the % it goes by per star upgrade.So does flame affect this ?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Nuthb606 wrote: »
    Ahh i see now just looked at the stats it starts adding att after 15 stars. So new question because the flame thing is out now im wondering does it affect weapon staring? Ik forsure that when you want to start starring weapons you have to max the upgrade and hammers to get the most out of it because of the % it goes by per star upgrade.So does flame affect this ?

Could be wrong, but I thought starring calculated for the change in base att so it's okay to scroll/flame after starring?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5ueqc4/how_much_attack_do_i_lose_if_i_scroll_after/
    https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Spell_Trace_and_Star_Force#Stats_Boost
  • Nuthb606Nuthb606
    edited April 2019
    oh so its changed to a set amount then? before if you had certain amount of attack, staring calculated it by the total attack it had.Before it was like a weapon with 80 att goes up by 5 att for 1 star and weapon has 90 att goes up 6 att for 1 star.(not really true just an example how it worked)Just want this to be clarified.Since there has been a lot of changes, trying to get up to date on them all
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    Nuthb606 wrote: »
    oh so its changed to a set amount then? before if you had certain amount of attack, staring calculated it by the total attack it had.Before it was like a weapon with 80 att goes up by 5 att for 1 star and weapon has 90 att goes up 6 att for 1 star.(not really true just an example how it worked)Just want this to be clarified.Since there has been a lot of changes, trying to get up to date on them all

I think star stats are just based on the same sort of scale as potential tier now, where 151+ gets you the largest increases. I'm probably wrong though.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    I don't know if it's always been like this or not but as of now, weapons get a 2% watk/matk of total (base+additional) per star up to 15*. This 30% increase will auto update if the total atk changes.

Starring now or later won't really change at all. Every other equipment has static increases that really only vary due to the level range.

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/MapleStory/Spell_Trace_and_Star_Force#Stats_Boost

Transposed tyrants has some weird exchanges upon transposition but I never did it so I can't really speak to it.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Similarly, the Berserked face accessory from hard-mode Lotus and the Magic Eye Patch from hard-mode Damien beat out those slots, while the Dreamy Belt from Lucid and the Cursed Spellbook from Will beat out the belt and pocket accessories.

Even the top of the top players can basically assume these items do not exist. Their drop rate is so bad you will likely not see even a single one in over 2 years of killing the boss they come from.

If your group is lucky enough to actually get one you'd have to someone split it between 6 people who earned it, and with the exception of the will pockets you'll probably boom it before getting it to 22 anyway. The other items available in GMS are so good that it's not even worth switching pre-22 to any of these dark boss items.

Really great system nexon. Might want to think about upping the drop rate or adding additional ways of getting these items. (For example, adding them to the respective boss shops for a very high amount of coins.)

• 40Kaisers40Kaisers
    Reactions: 300
    edited March 2020
    If you are a reboot player, forget the Genesis :< Go for arcane sets +-+
This discussion has been closed.