[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Spot the difference problem

QcSandOfTimeQcSandOfTime
Reactions: 870
edited April 2019 in General Chat
its a bit frustrating that being lvl 255 im always being rejected because of the group of 3 thingy. when there is 13 person or whatever im always the one being rejected and that make it hard to complete it 5 time a day for people who have work or school and have only few hour to play during week days. i think the it should be random and not manage by level -_-

Comments

• DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited April 2019
    the highest players are always the leftovers, only way to clear 5 time is on a lower char or with loads of luck that there are no leftover players and only groups of 3
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2019
    The REAL problem with spot the difference is that there are several pictures where a difference is hidden by the foreground, such as the hanging tassle on the right side of the screen blocking the difference in a snowmans or yeti's eye, we found it by literally guessing because we couldn't find it anywhere else, and there were times we lost a couple games because it was hidden behind something in the foreground and we didn't think to click for a difference we couldn't see, not thinking that someone would be dumb enough to make one of the differences hidden by the foreground....
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    gl hope you find a party and yea it used to be the same way when I main kaiser before but bishop made it easier to find parties. Also, join a guild it can help cause you will always have a party. If you're in bera we run a bossing server and help people find solid parties to help alleviate that issue. But yea if you're in bera maybe we can help.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    riza wrote: »
    gl hope you find a party and yea it used to be the same way when I main kaiser before but bishop made it easier to find parties. Also, join a guild it can help cause you will always have a party. If you're in bera we run a bossing server and help people find solid parties to help alleviate that issue. But yea if you're in bera maybe we can help.

This event has nothing to do with finding parties.
    The game matches up the people in the lobby, 3 to a game room. It goes by level from low to high. So if the number of characters in the lobby is not evenly divisible by 3, the highest level character(s) get stranded.

It's unfair, and also unnecessary, since character level has nothing to do with one's ability to discern details in pictures. In my opinion, the team assignments should be random.
    YinYangX
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

The game matches up the people in the lobby, 3 to a game room. It goes by level from low to high. So if the number of characters in the lobby is not evenly divisible by 3, the highest level character(s) get stranded.

It's unfair, and also unnecessary, since character level has nothing to do with one's ability to discern details in pictures. In my opinion, the team assignments should be random.

lmao honestly they should just have a open mic in maple fest and have people shoot these problems out.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited April 2019
    Surprised no one has mentioned having to be staring mere inches from the screen to spot details so minute; a consolation prize should be an Aspirin for relieving eye strain
    Pride
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

I have recently become victim to this over the past two days. Out of eight attempts on Wednesday, only two of them were successful, as I was surplused the other six times. I don't know what the hell Nexon was thinking when they were coding this, but penalizing the players who have invested time playing is a shitty way to manage the minigame. It should have been done as follows:

a) As AKradian said, random team assignments. That way the same person isn't getting constantly screwed
    b) Allow less than 3 people to go in - I'd rather attempt doing the event solo than to not be able to do it at all. =/
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2019
    a) As AKradian said, random team assignments. That way the same person isn't getting constantly screwed
    b) Allow less than 3 people to go in - I'd rather attempt doing the event solo than to not be able to do it at all. =/
    c) Not have differences hidden by the foreground. There are at least four different pictures where one of the differences in blocked by the tassel that hangs down, at least one or two where the difference is blocked by the name and score sheet in the upper right, and at least two or three where the difference is blocked by spiegelmann or the 'framework' at the bottom left/right of the screen. Also, don't let titles, cash shop items, or 'custom puppies' or other things show sprites that block part of the screen. I had a run fail because one of the players was afk and had a giant custom puppy that happen to block one of the differences.

This is perhaps why many of the people here had failed runs. I've been in groups where other players clicked those hidden difference, and when asked I was told they found some reddit post that shows all the differences, but I don't use those, I try to play it legitimately because I actually enjoy that game and Im pretty good at it. But how would I ever find a difference that's hidden by the foreground... or other players titles/sprites. It doesn't make it more difficult, it makes it frustrating and impossible to do without cheating.