[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

peplock holmes epilogue episodes 1-3 help

QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
Reactions: 1,750
edited April 2019 in Bug Reporting
i cannot complete the epilogue 1 quest and whenver i try to go to peplock holmes it kicks me out and puts in back to where i was originally

Comments

• MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited April 2019
    Same issue here.

Bug Type: Event
    World: Scania
    IGN: Thundertala
    Level/Job: 240 Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning)
    Date/Time of occurrence: April 18th, 2019 @ 10:05 PM EST, 7:05 PM PST, (April 19th, 2019 @ 2:05 AM UTC)
    Description: Peplock Holmes epilogue does not play out properly

Steps to reproduce:

After completing the previous episodes of the Peplock Holmes event, proceed to collect 200 passes to access the epilogue. The cutscene plays up to the point where Peplock says "This one!" then briefly displays a black-and-white scene before booting the player back to their original map.

If the player accepts the quest on the star menu again, the black-and-white cutscene will again briefly flash before booting the player back to their original map once more.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited April 2019
    Pkk93lF.png

Bug type: Event
    Character name: Jett9051
    Character level: 229
    Character job: Jett
    World name: Bera
    Date and time of the incident: April 18th, 2019 @ 8:00 PM Pacific

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Collect 200 passes for the quest "Peplock Holmes Detective Office: Epilogue 1"
    2. Turn the quest in.
    3. After few dialogues, the screen turns black-and-white and the character is sent back to the original map.

Same here.
  • ArtifexArtifex
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited April 2019
    I'm having the same problem. My sister was able to do the quest though ... it seems to be a throwback of a previous quest. I think one of the throwbacks is causing this glitch, just not sure which since nothing loads at all... I get kicked out back to my original map immediately.

So far these throwbacks are known to work:
    - bird shooting
    - zakum
    - identifying silhouette

Bug Type: Event
    World: Bera
    IGN: Artuficis
    Level/Job: 242 Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning)
    Date/Time of occurrence: April 18th, 2019 @ 10:20 PM PST
    Description: Peplock Holmes epilogue does not play out properly
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2019
    The matter has been forwarded. I can add that the Slide Puzzle activity functioned correctly to me, so it was not the culprit.
    Artifex
  • ArtifexArtifex
    edited April 2019
    Thank you MegaScience. Sadly this means I can't progress in the quests, so will miss out on the meisters that I was looking forward to! Hope they give us an extension or compensation.
  • ChieriSonoChieriSono
    Reactions: 305
    edited April 2019
    the guessing number 1-999 works too
  • MrPPKMrPPK
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited April 2019
    I got through Episode 1 but am having the same issue in epilogue 2 in luna
    starting with epilogue 1 we get one of the previous quests as random, so i guess one of those is bugged
  • MrPPKMrPPK
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited April 2019
    the Silhouette, 1-999 and the eagles all worked fine yesterday
  • StimArrowStimArrow
    Reactions: 710
    edited April 2019
    Hello guys, I have an issue related to episode 11 of peplock. When I enter the event map (peplock office) it inmediately kicks me to the previous map. All I can see is me droping inside the peplock office and then I'm back at the previous map where I was. I cant even see peplock or Yetson on the screen, and is imposible to comply with the quest. What can I do???
  • StimArrowStimArrow
    edited April 2019
    Same happens to me in Episode 11, it kicks me as soon as I enter the event map :(!
  • ArtifexArtifex
    edited April 2019
    I'm told the equation one works too (where you select 1-9 without repeats to get the desired output).

To summarize so far, here are the ones we eliminated:

WORKS:
    Episode 1: Unlock that code (guessing 1-999) .. works
    Episode 2: Slide puzzle .. works
    Episode 3: Zakum rock, paper, scissors .. works
    Episode 4: Where's that place? (Snail thing) .. works (confirmed in Peplock Holmes Epilogue 2 (Episode 11) Bug thread)
    Episode 5: Math equation .. works
    Episode 6: Memory dance .. works
    Episode 8: Who's that NPC? (identifying silhouette) .. works
    Episode 9: Aim for the eagle .. works

UNCONFIRMED:
    Episode 7: Mastermind (guessing correct position of 3 numbers for the Octopus).. guessing this is the one that is bugged
  • ArtifexArtifex
    edited April 2019
    This is an issue with one of the throwback quests... basically both episode 10 and 11 are epilogue quests which just recycles one of the previous episode quests. One (or more) of those previous quests are not working as intended, so it will kick you out instead. The issue was first identified in the episode 10 bug report here:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24193/peplock-holmes-episode-10-help#latest

I'm sure they must already be investigating which quest is problematic, but if you can help to narrow down the search by reporting which quest worked for you in episode 10 (if it wasn't already mentioned), that'd probably help! :)
    StimArrow
  • StimArrowStimArrow
    edited April 2019
    Ohh of course!!! for Episode 10 mine was the quest for searching an specific spot on the map. I had to go to the station for Eldestain. I think its the same as the snail dream, where the little one dreamed of a place and peplock had to find it. It worked perfectly.
    Artifex
  • ChieriSonoChieriSono
    Reactions: 305
    edited April 2019
    the memory dance one works
  • AjelAjel
    Reactions: 100
    Epilogue 2 not working for me, but epilogue 1 I was able to successfully complete the dance quest.
  • kitsuneonnakitsuneonna
    Reactions: 300
    I'm having the same problem with epilogue 3. But epilogue 1 (zakum) and epilogue 2 (XYZ 3 number location) both worked for me.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited April 2019
    I have a sneaky suspicion the bug might be related to the snail’s ”Find this spot in MapleWorld” mini game. (Something having to do with quests in event restricted maps...)

Has anyone been given the snail’s request for their final chapter and successfully completed it?
  • ryukendoryukendo Member
    edited April 2019

When I complete the 200 tickets I want to enter but what happens is that it enters and leaves instantly.
    someone else the same thing happens to him?
  • paulitagjpaulitagj

Character name: paulitaxd
    Character level: 108
    Character job: demon slayer
    World name: Bera
    Date and time of the incident: April 22th, 2019

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Collect 200 passes for the quest "Peplock Holmes Detective Office: Epilogue 1"
    2. Turn the quest in.
    3. After few dialogues, the screen turns black-and-white and the character is sent back to the original map.

Hope they give us an extension or compensation.
  • WhatdaheckWhatdaheck
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2019
    Having the same problem of being kicked out of episode 10 when entering the office.

Character name: Vorpalkid
    Character level: 227
    Character job: Hero
    World name: Scania
    Date and time of the incident: April 20th, 2019, multiple times
    Description: Peplock Holmes epilogue does not play out.

It is very sad to invest this much time and being allowed to finish the event.