[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot None-Transferable Equipment Storage.

MaesMaes
Reactions: 520
edited April 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Id just like to suggest allowing Reboot characters to store equipment and instead block other characters from retrieving it. I like to collect items to Anvil at some point and especially with the Anniversary going on its getting difficult to justify holding on to it because of how much inventory space it takes up.

Thank you.
YinYangXBeef

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    A small issue I see with this that then extra memory is being used up to keep track which char stored what. Either that or each (of the 46 possible) character would have their own storage (which if you try to make it fair, would be ~3 per the 46 char.)

[Apologies if I'm missing something completely about Reboot storage, never played Reboot.]
    Maes
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    A small issue I see with this that then extra memory is being used up to keep track which char stored what. Either that or each (of the 46 possible) character would have their own storage (which if you try to make it fair, would be ~3 per the 46 char.)

[Apologies if I'm missing something completely about Reboot storage, never played Reboot.]

Reboot storage is the exact same as reg servers, minus anything in the equipment tab, afaik.
    Maes
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    not exactly game breaking to have this too since i believe storage slots can be bought from shops
    Maes
  • MaesMaes
    Reactions: 520
    edited April 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »

Im not aware how storage is handled on the coding side of things, but in other applications that kind of information is pretty easy to keep track of in a matter of bytes. An easy way to do this is to just assign a variable to a character which almost certainly already exists and have a scan to determine what items its allowed to acess in storage. Im sure there are even more efficient ways of handling it that im not aware of as well.

Regardless id be suprised if that kind on info would over tax someones home comoputer let alone a data center. Especially since in my example its only code that would need to be run once on request.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited April 2019
    I and someone else have suggested this awhile ago. I wouldn't necessarily restrict it to reboot since a ton of people in normal servers have fully untradable equips that they would like to store somewhere. It just makes sense.
    Fuhreak
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited May 2019
    This could work, we already have something like it when placing CS items in the Auction House; only the character that placed it there can retrieve it.