[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lachelein symbols

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2019 in General Chat
I am being honest

My butt is way too lazy to do dream defenders and I simply buy lachelein symbols from event shops during events.

The last time I did dream defenders was during the black mage event cause of the alliance passive.

Well I only do that cause I am currently too weak for the higher stages of dream defenders.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    I feel. Dream defender is a pain in the ass. But if it makes it any more palatable for you, all you need to do is grind up to as high a stage as you can, let's say stage 30, and from that point just clear a single stage, 30 to 31 in this case, to get your full(in this case, 30 coins) reward. And you can keep doing that day after day, for all of your runs, until you're strong enough to continue pushing up through the stages.

Also, if you hate dream defender then you're gonna love arcana's spirit savior daily.
    YinYangXFuhreak
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I feel. Dream defender is a pain in the ass. But if it makes it any more palatable for you, all you need to do is grind up to as high a stage as you can, let's say stage 30, and from that point just clear a single stage, 30 to 31 in this case, to get your full(in this case, 30 coins) reward. And you can keep doing that day after day, for all of your runs, until you're strong enough to continue pushing up through the stages.

Also, if you hate dream defender then you're gonna love arcana's spirit savior daily.

Spirit savior is where I spend my event coins XD
    AggraphineFuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Spirit savior is where I spend my event coins XD

Same. I think my arcana symbol is around level 5 or 6(maybe 7? I haven't logged in since the retro world thing started) just from symbol selectors.
    Petalmagic
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

Actually, I do hate Dream Defender and love Spirit Savior, lol.

Unless you can clear floor 70, then Lachelein is the area with the slowest levelling symbol. So it would make sense to invest symbol selectors into Lach.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2019
    The power creep in DD is nuts, in reboot you need upwards of two mil range to start, then 1 mill additional range for every 10 floors. By floor 60 you needs well over 8m range to clear consistently *meaning not using the in-game skills*. Well, that's for NL, not sure on all classes, but I don't expect there to be a huge variance in that regard. What's worse, even getting to floor 60 is only going to net you 7 symbols, that's including the coins you get from the people in town. If you can't 2/3 hit the mobs, it will be difficult. So yes, DD is pretty bad, both in terms of the requirements needed to succeed, and the paltry reward for your efforts.

SS isn't quite as bad, IMHO, so long as you have a flash jump skill of some kind. I hear people say it is an exercise in frustration for classes with teleport. Though I do hear tell of some people consistently doing 15k for two rounds, I tend to only get 10k for three rounds, unless I have some really good spirit spawns. Still, I can at least consistently get 10 symbolsa day from that one, unlike DD. Assuming I don't get any lag. If you lag at all, the boss will more than likely catch you, and I've even had it where when I lag really bad more than one boss will spawn and chase me around. SS is atrocious if you don't have a good inet connection.

Still, Lach is certainly the place with the slowest symbol leveling, while it takes an average of nearly a year of dailies to level a 8x per day symbol to max, lach averages 1.5yrs assuming you clear the 40th floor every day. Even at the 90th floor, it still takes 2/3rds of a year, but given its highly unlikely that the average person is going to *start* DD and make it to 90th floor on their first day, its more likely that they will spend the first 6 months or so at a much lower floor, and make their way up to the next 10 as they level and get stronger; well past when they first got to Lach.

The worst part though, is if you ever want to play more than one main... that's well over a year of dailies, per character, and maple has over 40 playable classes/characters. It seems that while Maplestory encourages playing multiple characters (a'la legion), it discourages having multiple mains; by time-gating symbol progress behind a year of dailies....
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited April 2019
    The box destroyer option helps a ton. Just save up 3000 points by doing it daily, then prepare to use it at each stage after manually destroying 2 boxes. This helps you climb to the next 10 stages. Rinse and repeat to get the next 10 etc.
  • LLVLLV
    Reactions: 845
    edited April 2019
    Basically what everyone else said above. DD favors stronger characters, and weaker (not even weak, pretty much everyone who can't get close to 80+ floors) will spend a while maxing symbol. I get 6-7 symbols a day and it is pain to watch it almost getting caught by Arcana symbol's progression.

For a tip though, after exhausting 3 entries for DD, go back to Lachelein and talk to top 5 guys standing close to the clocktower. They will call you with a username and will give you a few Dream Coins that will mostly (if not always) add up to be another extra symbol. I clear 50th floor each day and this helps me with an extra symbol everyday so that's a relief.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    Basically what everyone else said above. DD favors stronger characters, and weaker (not even weak, pretty much everyone who can't get close to 80+ floors) will spend a while maxing symbol. I get 6-7 symbols a day and it is pain to watch it almost getting caught by Arcana symbol's progression.

For a tip though, after exhausting 3 entries for DD, go back to Lachelein and talk to top 5 guys standing close to the clocktower. They will call you with a username and will give you a few Dream Coins that will mostly (if not always) add up to be another extra symbol. I clear 50th floor each day and this helps me with an extra symbol everyday so that's a relief.

Ah yes, the pity-symbol coins that I've remembered to get all of three times
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019

Meanwhile, in Spirit Savior Anxiety Anonymous:
    "How many points did you get today?"
    "1000, I cried afterwards"
    "Dang, I made it to 2k today"
    "Congrats, man! That's amazing!"
    "I...I had to take a break for the rest of the day."
  • DiamondSkyyDiamondSkyy
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2019
    I am being honest

My butt is way too lazy to do dream defenders and I simply buy lachelein symbols from event shops during events.

The last time I did dream defenders was during the black mage event cause of the alliance passive.

Well I only do that cause I am currently too weak for the higher stages of dream defenders.

My bf is literally doing the same thing since he can only get 3 symbols a day from Dream Defenders. We feel your pain >.<
    foussiremix
  • NolansDadNolansDad
    I main a kanna, and I'm going to have to say that clearing lvl 35 everyday on DD is easier for me and less frustrating than SS. I fail all the time in SS because I get hit. tele only works on certain platforms. cant teleport downward or drop down from most platforms unless there is one close underneath. I use another skill to help move around but the big purple blob is still faster than my characters move speed. so I have to clear each round with 1000 coins or less. most of the time I fail 2/3 runs. and don't have enough for 1 symbol for 3 days. I wish Nexon would add a flash jump 5th job skill like they did with Rope Lift. or a basic double jump skill or some sort. Tele is lagged on Kannas whereas on other mages its quick response.

Nexon, if you are reading this, for the sake of my sanity and of every other kanna to attempt Spirit Savior, please consider adding a Flash jump feature. Even if it's just for that daily event. Than
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Evan and bishops are the only mages that have client side calculations. Every other mage has it pretty bad. I can agree with having a flash jump available for everyone for SS so that everyone has an even chance.