[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hero/Paladin 1h/2h sword/axe/mace/shield/secondary

EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
Reactions: 1,185
edited April 2019 in General Chat
Hey
I have all the classes funded I can say
I have played 10 years
But I have question about both hero and Paladin

All the weapons choosing is rly confusing me alot cuz idk if believe to the forums that most ppl using 1h and shield

I have to say that on both of them I'm using 2h axe and mace cuz it gives more power
also I switched to 2h sword for my Dawn Warrior and all my mages to staff from wands especialy on my evan I switched to abso staff cuz of the power

And i still don't understand at Google y the 1h is better? For me I saw on my hero that the 5% dmg on axe is rly affecting much, ik it not final dmg but it still strong no? It still gives extra power so that y I took 2h axe on hero

And for Paladin ik it better to take shield cuz of the shield mastery skill it similar to Shadower and the secondary weapon today is affected by it what her doesn't have so I don't think that hero need shield or dawn warrior

So as result, in both of hero and Paladin sword axe or mace it just for the animation
For hero has sword or axe animation to intrepid slash and raging blow
Paladin has cool animation for charge skills on mace but for blast less, and on sword has cool animation on blast and less for charge skills

Dark knight I don't need to explain much cuz his real weapon is spear at all in all the time but I don't understand y polearm? it not nessecery...

Dawn warriors is different, he used only swords and I heard that most dawn warriors using 2h sword so I switched to 2h sword to mine too and that rly make it the Sence, I had 1h sword b4 on my Dawn warrior 2 and I saw the difference on that, also in MS M dawn warrior using only 2h sword cuz of that reason maybe

Also for mages about wand or staff it the same problem, I had wands b4 and now I switched to staff in all my mages and it also it make me the difference, cuz my friends told me that staff stonger and the 3% critical from wands is unnessecery, also in MS M blaze wizard , evan and Battle Mage r using only staff that the reason maybe

Demon Slayer is the easiest I think, he using 1h mace or 1h axe and Actully it the same weapons and same effect so here it rly not mind Actully about it it everything the same

What can u say about it?
I hope that I helped to some1 with something

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    People use swords over axes and maces because of their innate attack speed value. People use one-handed swords over two-handed because shields with full scrolls, 17+ stars and potential(especially on a terminus defender, a level 160 shield) outstrips the scaling of a two-handed sword plus a sub-weapon.
    EvanTrinitySlicedTime
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    People use 1h over 2h for the attack speed.
    It's true that with 2h, your damage range is higher. But you do fewer hits per minute. So your total damage per minute ends up less.
    Plus there is the extra attack power of a well-scrolled and star-forced shield.
    EvanTrinity
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited April 2019
    According to friends as far as Reboot, Hero is 1h axe and a Shield. Can't say a difference between 1h axe and sword in my experience...but I hate playing Hero anyways :T
    EvanTrinity
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2019
    When you go 1-hand, you'll never feel the regret of "If only I was a bit faster" when you are bossing.

The 5% damage boost in the long run has little impact due to the damage formula [... * (%damage + %damage vs bosses) * ...], when you will get 30/40% damage vs bosses on a lot of stuff (the 5% damage boost is just to entice people to use axe because everybody think axe animation is ugly).
    EvanTrinity
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    People use swords over axes and maces because of their innate attack speed value. People use one-handed swords over two-handed because shields with full scrolls, 17+ stars and potential(especially on a terminus defender, a level 160 shield) outstrips the scaling of a two-handed sword plus a sub-weapon.

And if I'm using vip Warrior shield and I go only for 10 stars? But what ik shield is better for Paladin cuz of the shield mastery skill no? What hero doesn't get, what can u say about it?
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's true that with 2h, your damage range is higher. But you do fewer hits per minute. So your total damage per minute ends up less.

R u sure that the att speed is make all the difference? How can I see that?
    And by the way, what about shield for dawn warrior? It good? Or 2h sword for dawn warrior is better than shield? Cuz I changed my Dawn Warrior for 2h sword with jewel
    Also as I said b4 it looks like that shield is better for Paladin cuz of the shield mastery skill, but today ik the sendary weapon is affected by shield mastery skill so even on secondary weapon I can get the effect similar to Shadower
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    According to friends as far as Reboot, Hero is 1h axe and a Shield. Can't say a difference between 1h axe and sword in my experience...but I hate playing Hero anyways :T

Actully I stop playing at reboot, and y u hate playing on hero? It a good class today
    As I saw on the last comments it looks like ppl know maybe I will remake it in the future
    and shield ik is better for Paladin cuz of the shield mastery skill, also shield is better on Dawn warriors?
    Rexaar wrote: »
    When you go 1-hand, you'll never feel the regret of "If only I was a bit faster" when you are bossing.

The 5% damage boost in the long run has little impact due to the damage formula [... * (%damage + %damage vs bosses) * ...], when you will get 30/40% damage vs bosses on a lot of stuff (the 5% damage boost is just to entice people to use axe because everybody think axe animation is ugly).

Ic ic, look at the answers above
    And the 5%dmg on axes is good? Actully I can agree with u that the axe animation is ugly that Ikr, similar to Paladin charge skills with sword lol
    So if ppl using 1h sword and shield on hero and Paladin, it also good the same for dawn warrior?
    But as I said b4 Paladin has the shield mastery so it better to paladins not?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Dawn Warrior can reach maximum attack speed with a 2h sword, so it doesn't need to go 1h (and give up some damage range) for it.
    EvanTrinity
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited April 2019
    Dawn Warrior can reach maximum attack speed with a 2h sword, so it doesn't need to go 1h (and give up some damage range) for it.

yeah u right, i heard about it

so as i understand most of the ppl using for both hero and paladin 1h sword and shield?(what about secondary?)
    and if shield it the same for shadower right?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited April 2019
    snip
    I hate Hero for its very small attack hit box on Raging blow (Pre-5th job 15x Hero), Dawn Warrior you want a 2h sword on it. Paladin I am not quite sure on, but I will ask around (I don't know many Pally mains, but we have two heroes in my Lucid squad I can ask about Hero things)

EvanTrinity
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/ap1k6y/1h_vs_2h_sword_for_hero/

do keep in mind however the 1 handed + shield is dependent on the fact you can and will get a good shield. if you are in reboot, you would need 20 star to get use of the shield.

as far as shield vs medallion, both trigger shield mastery but yeah shield would be better of the 2 should you go with 1 handed sword and a shield

Paladin is different, I'm reading 2 handed is actually best
    EvanTrinity
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited April 2019
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/ap1k6y/1h_vs_2h_sword_for_hero/

do keep in mind however the 1 handed + shield is dependent on the fact you can and will get a good shield. if you are in reboot, you would need 20 star to get use of the shield.

as far as shield vs medallion, both trigger shield mastery but yeah shield would be better of the 2 should you go with 1 handed sword and a shield

Paladin is different, I'm reading 2 handed is actually best

Oh is that so? Well then that helps with my Paladin for a future Tera Burn character XD Like I said earlier, I am not familiar with Paladin. In reboot they say 1h axe is better than 1h sword for a Hero anyways.
    EvanTrinity
  • EvanTrinityEvanTrinity
    edited May 2019

Hey
    Today I have maked on both hero and and Paladin 1h sword ea them and 1h axe for Hero and 1h mace for Paladin with vip Warrior shield
    And when I equip them, my current 2h weapons with medallion and rosary r better than my 1h weapons I made, cuz of the high att effects from flames
    My 2h sword axe and mace on both hero and Paladin r better by 20 to 30k range than all the 1h sword axe and mace

Stay with my 2h weapons or make New flames effect?
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited May 2019
    2h weapons naturally have a higher attack base than a 1h does. Id say re-flame and get a high SF shield up to at least 15.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019

Hey
    Today I have maked on both hero and and Paladin 1h sword ea them and 1h axe for Hero and 1h mace for Paladin with vip Warrior shield
    And when I equip them, my current 2h weapons with medallion and rosary r better than my 1h weapons I made, cuz of the high att effects from flames
    My 2h sword axe and mace on both hero and Paladin r better by 20 to 30k range than all the 1h sword axe and mace

Stay with my 2h weapons or make New flames effect?

You already quoted the answers to that, but I'll say it again anyway:

Yes, your damage range is higher with the 2h weapons, mostly because those weapons have a higher weapon multiplier. If you have 1h and 2h swords with exactly the same stats (including flames), you'll still have 10% higher range with the 2h sword.
    However, you do fewer hits per minute with those weapons, so in terms of "how long does it take me to kill this boss", it might end up being longer. Also, if you can 1-hit mobs with your 1h weapon, then you can kill more enemies per minute while mobbing, adding up to more exp per minute.
    If you really want to check, use the Battle Statistics system to see how much damage, total, you do in 1 minute with each of these weapons (on bosses) or how much exp you gain in 10 minutes with each of these weapons.

Also, as Rexaar said, the better speed also gives you better survivability against boss tricks, since your reaction time to whatever you need to react to is better.