[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory and Internet crashes often as I play

JuliusJuhaJuliusJuha
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
Hey there,
So i recently bought a new laptop (Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH 81FV00GFMH) and had no problem running Maplestory until a few days ago. By starting up Maplestory or by playing for a little, my internet would crash and Maplestory would give me the error code 11001 "no such host is known". I first thought it was my internet's fault but I then realized that this would only happen with Maplestory, and on different wifi. My roommate has the same computer with lesser specs and he has no problem running Maplestory.
I cannot find anything useful online and I am not sure if it is a Maplestory problem or a computer problem.
Anyways thanks for any help.

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited May 2019
    My game has been crashing for a few days now. Usually I'm kicked to the world selection screen. I can't sit afk in the dance area for coins in 14th street because of the crashing.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Your laptop might be set to "conserve power" by shutting down the wifi when it thinks you're not using it.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited May 2019
    I'm on a desk top and I can't seem to stay on for more than 1/2 hr at a time!!!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited May 2019
    Also I'm trying to clean up my computer to stop the crashes and my game crashed again and this notice pops up: You cannot run the game and external programs simultaneously. Please contact customer support for questions.
    SERIOUSLY? I'm running CC cleaner and Malwarebytes...

I forced my husband to reset the router after realizing that I started having the d/c issues after he had been messing with it. Hopefully the d/c issues will stop.

Not getting d/c anymore now that the FIREWALL is now up on my router...thank you husband for turning it off in the first place.