[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Big Bang Attack [skill] and Art collection bugged.

YellYoshiYellYoshi
Reactions: 710
edited June 2019 in Bug Reporting
The Big Bang Skill is missing and it seems the art packages are not dropping even though the quest is active still? The event is set to end 6/11 not 6/4. *been hunting Swollen Stumps (lvl 190) on my level 187 Dark knight: Izueli on Bera and not a single package drop.

Maplescbug.png
create image url

Comments

• DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2019
    same Thing in luna
  • DebaucheryDebauchery
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2019
    same in scania
  • SnakeboxSnakebox
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2019
    It was dropping for a bit and then it stopped completely. It was dropping for the first 5 mins before it stopped. - Windia server
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    We've spoken with Ghiblee in the Discord and the Big Bang skill was supposed to end today, Nexon just screwed up (as usual) the description for the in-game event guide, whereas the patch notes (cause who's gonna go sifting through that for information...) states the 'correct' date being today. The spiegelmann's art, however, is definitely a bug that wasn't supposed to end today, so she is aware of it.
    YellYoshiGySgtACE
  • Mapsi29Mapsi29
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    Hi,

I'm a user playing dawn warrior on Reboot server. Today, I have hunted more than 1000 mobs near my level, and yet no artwork have dropped.
    I think this is some kind of glitch or something. Need some help on this. Thanks.
  • AlbumBlancAlbumBlanc
    Reactions: 715
    edited June 2019
    I have the same problem
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2019
    The event is currently bugged, has been reported, and is being looked into.
  • PaladinVerdePaladinVerde
    Same problem... we need get artwork coins of event... Please here we play several characters and accounts with my relatives...
  • PaladinVerdePaladinVerde
    Same problem... i need get artwork coins of event... Please here we play several characters and accounts with my relatives...
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited June 2019
    They should definitely extend big bang event as well
    it feels odd that this particularly short 2 weeks event is part of the 14 street which runs for 1 and half months
    not to mention the in game event list (probably #1 source for everyone) says it is supposed to end next week

Way to mislead and punish players due to your own mistake Nexon. Unacceptable.
  • EyjafjollEyjafjoll
    Reactions: 760
    edited June 2019
    The Big Bang Attack event ends on June 4th according to the patch notes and on June 11th according to the in game event list. Players shouldn't be expected to have to double check event duration when the information is supposedly available in game.

This is especially annoying because the hardest to obtain collector item in the 14th Anniversary event is the medal, which requires completing all 36 celeb status stars. In my case, I was careful to complete all events that ended early, but mistakenly trusted the in game end date for the Big Bang Attack event. I would not have bothered completing the requirements for more tedious events like Cafe Rising and Club V without the incentive of the medal.

To make it even more confusing, one of the 14th Anniversary events (Becoming a Celeb!) is a catch-up event that can be used to complete events that already ended. This event only works for Override Fashion, Restaurant RED, Mega Burning, and Sub-Zero Hunt, which are the only other events that end early. It is bizarre that 5 events required for the medal end early, but only 4 of them are included in the catch-up event.

Nexon should seriously consider either extending the Big Bang Attack event (easy) or adding the celeb pass requirement to the catch up event list (not easy).
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited June 2019
    I noticed I wasn't getting any art drops from monsters within level range. Anyone else having the same issue? It looks like the art event is still going on until next week.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2019
    Indeed tehy seem to be. Nexon said they are looking into it though...unfortunately gotta Coin Cap with Big Bang or Minigames.
  • Luminous0014Luminous0014
    Reactions: 1,055
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I don't know if it is only me or not, but I feel like the drop rate for these event items is now ZERO. Few days ago, Sunday, I went on and do my daily commerci runs. I got like 30 boxes of those art things in total. That is like 120 coins (60 coins *2 for the sunny sunday event). But when I go on today, I did 2 commerci runs, got 0 coins. I thought they changed commerci drops, so I went out to fight normal mobs (happy erda at vanishing journey). I even finished the daily quest for fighting 200 happy erdas, still got 0 items. Is this just me or what?
  • MyKannaMyKanna
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    Same for me (at Reboot). 300 daily and try to get them at amory/tempel of time/henesys ruins/omega. After 3 hours still no drop :(
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited June 2019
    Hello,
    First, we want to apologize for Spiegelmann’s Art Retrieval event ending prematurely.
    This was not intended as the event should have lasted until June 11th at 11:59 PM UTC.
    Since this is the case, we plan to distribute compensation to all the players within this week.

Again, we apologize for the confusion and the inconvenience. :(
    YellYoshi
  • YellYoshiYellYoshi
    Reactions: 710
    edited June 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello,
    First, we want to apologize for Spiegelmann’s Art Retrieval event ending prematurely.
    This was not intended as the event should have lasted until June 11th at 11:59 PM UTC.
    Since this is the case, we plan to distribute compensation to all the players within this week.

I'm sweating bullets now since I decided to skip a few days of coin collecting to get the chaos ring towards the end of the event. Guess I'll be at the sky event for coins. Thank you so much for letting us know there is some good news coming our way.
  • EyjafjollEyjafjoll
    Reactions: 760
    edited June 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for the update. Will anything be done about the Big Bang Attack event (in game event list said it was ending Jun 11)? An option is to give everyone the completion stars for the Celeb Status, since coins can be obtained through other events but there is no way to get the Big Bang Attack completion stars anymore.

In my case, I am a medal collector and the only way to obtain the 14th anniversary medal is by completing 36/36 of the Celeb Status stars. I was careful about completing events before they ended but I did not think that I needed to double check the patch notes when the end date was available in game. I completed 30/36 of the celeb status stars so far and it feels like I am getting punished for a miscommunication on Nexon's part.
  • SnakeboxSnakebox
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2019
    The bigger question is that. Due to the mistake on nexon part. Is the drops for the boxes coming back? Is it going be fixed?

Ignore that.... Just received gifts stating it ending early. 600 coins + additional items.

Thanks.
  • Kakahatakeo0Kakahatakeo0
    Reactions: 300
    I received a root abyss set box, but my friend did not. May I know what determines what gifts we received?