[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why bring back the dead?

rizariza
Reactions: 3,025
edited June 2019 in General Chat
OK, its yo boi so for me to get straight into the topic I been reading from our very own Nexon site that Nexon plans to merge all the dead servers into one big dead server. Source I got from this link http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/49523/world-merges-are-coming-this-august . Now one thing I want to mention about is being realistic and striving for goals that are obtainable.

Now we have great players from our dead worlds like scania we have many great players and khaini and bera and even windia, despite being in a dead server they achieve great feats. But we have to keep it real merging already dead servers I feel is a bad idea. I feel having multiple servers is a very bad idea.

One thing about me is I'm an uniter I like unity. Being able to come as one and show the world what we made of. Now I am in support of it in the aspect that this world merge becomes a world transfer which players can choose to be in one big unified server or one big lovely dead server.

Now if most in favor of this horrible idea leave a vote and comment I want to hear from ya. Let your voices be heard!!!! I for one don't support a merge if it just merging dead servers. I mean if you put 1 lazy person with 3 more lazy people do you think they would become active and productive workers? No they won't you need to set the model for what you want and that is one unified maple excluding reboot. Again leave your vote and comment.
  1. Are you in favor of this idea?8 votes
    1. Ye
       38% (3 votes)
    2. Nay
       63% (5 votes)

Comments

• DupreeDupree
    Reactions: 100
    Why not merge all the dead servers into Bera, and the rest ok servers into Scania? I think that might balance it out.
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    Reactions: 870
    edited June 2019
    No it wouldn't balance it out
    Why merg a dead server with an active server ? it wouldn't work out at all.
    Most people still get back onto the dead servers because of the lack of popularity and not moving the characters over. its peaceful there and not a whole lot of cheaters. Yes even tho the inflation of the auction houses are in bad shape. its better to play on a server were you don't need to be in a race with other people, than being slamed down with Ksers and Messo bots.

By the time the servers will be out and fixed, We will have 3 servers
    One Now Simi dead
    One f2p
    and one popular / op server.

Which will you choose? and No, moving the servers to scania will not solve anything, because guess what, There are no "okay" Servers
    there mostly all dead anyways since the character transfer event.
    Fuhreak
  • DupreeDupree
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2019
    When you say "Don't need to be in a race with other people" I'm thinking, why doesn't Nexon add more instance maps. Heck make CLP instance.
  • rizariza
    edited June 2019
    Dupree wrote: »
    Why not merge all the dead servers into Bera, and the rest ok servers into Scania? I think that might balance it out.

bro you know how many people would come back to an all united maple the greatness!!! the voicessssss!!!! so good so good :D
    DeadBot wrote: »
    Most people still get back onto the dead servers because of the lack of popularity and not moving the characters over. its peaceful there and not a whole lot of cheaters. Yes even tho the inflation of the auction houses are in bad shape. its better to play on a server were you don't need to be in a race with other people, than being slamed down with Ksers and Messo bots.

One Now Simi dead
    One f2p

Which will you choose? and No, moving the servers to scania will not solve anything, because guess what, There are no "okay" Servers

I see your point deadbot but the thing is the game is dying let's all be in this together this isn't the 1960's let's not segregate the maple community lets unite us!!! Like Martin Luther King the voiceless side of the community has dreams too and I think that dream is bringing everyone together and making one united server and with one server higher 20 in-game gm's who can record cheaters and ban with proof and problem solve.
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    edited June 2019
    riza wrote: »

bro you know how many people would come back to an all united maple the greatness!!! the voicessssss!!!! so good so good :D

One Now Simi dead
    One f2p

I see your point deadbot but the thing is the game is dying let's all be in this together this isn't the 1960's let's not segregate the maple community lets unite us!!! Like Martin Luther King the voiceless side of the community has dreams too and I think that dream is bringing everyone together and making one united server and with one server higher 20 in-game gm's who can record cheaters and ban with proof and problem solve.

Riza, this isnt segregation, What im trying to bring at is some people just dont like populated servers and we all do agree we do need a server that isnt packed full of people and having lag issue. Also by merging together the dead servers with the popular one will bring tons of issues. For instant what if you have some good characters on the dead server, and you left it there to go onto bera. After 2 years you have op classes on there and you find out about the server merg and bera "will be" merging to the dead servers to bring it back to life. There will be an issue. On bera you have also maxed out the character creation section on classes for the legion and you cannot just delete the class to make room because the classes are like 230+ with op gear. You just cant do that without breaking your legion wall you have put up.

The issue also is that if you have max out your character slots, nexon will be putting ur other characters on hold and you cannot use them until you make room which isnt fun at all. Its better to have both bera and the new server there just so that we can have room to have more characters. Look Even tho Nexon may not merg the dead server with bera, At least nexon might just make the dead server Alliance with bera so at least they will be the same world.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    let's not segregate the maple community

It's not segregation if the person in question chooses to be left alone.
    DeadBot
  • rizariza
    edited June 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    let's not segregate the maple community

It's not segregation if the person in question chooses to be left alone.

yes if u choose that is the best way to put it im in favor of the current merge as long as theres a transfer for people to choose either dead server or live server. as long as the choice is of the people choosing!!!

One Now Simi dead
    One f2p

Riza, this isnt segregation, What im trying to bring at is some people just dont like populated servers and we all do agree we do need a server that isnt packed full of people and having lag issue. Also by merging together the dead servers with the popular one will bring tons of issues. For instant what if you have some good characters on the dead server, and you left it there to go onto bera. After 2 years you have op classes on there and you find out about the server merg and bera "will be" merging to the dead servers to bring it back to life. There will be an issue. On bera you have also maxed out the character creation section on classes for the legion and you cannot just delete the class to make room because the classes are like 230+ with op gear. You just cant do that without breaking your legion wall you have put up.

The issue also is that if you have max out your character slots, nexon will be putting ur other characters on hold and you cannot use them until you make room which isnt fun at all. Its better to have both bera and the new server there just so that we can have room to have more characters. Look Even tho Nexon may not merg the dead server with bera, At least nexon might just make the dead server Alliance with bera so at least they will be the same world.

Yeah, I see your point with the slots but I think it's manageable as I think merging the worlds and witch hunting hackers and cheaters would be the best course of action.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    yes if u choose that is the best way to put it im in favor of the current merge as long as theres a transfer for people to choose either dead server or live server. as long as the choice is of the people choosing!!!
    Aren't we in this spot because of world transfers in the first place?
    Let's try the world merge before we go back to old methods which have already screwed things up.
    If a ton of people leave the "live server" to go to the "dead server" then you might just end up with less population than people want in the "live" and more than people want in the "dead".
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2019
    transfer was best option for all (cus some want to stay on emty-dead world)
    but ohh well someone gotta pay for that extra server space occupied by 10~maplers

i hope "new" merged world runs better and not just squished all to "one" and make it lag worse....

also there is other risk factor that makes GMS server run healthy and thats hackers......
    we are going to get all hackers in "one" world and all bad items from their worlds that now are not watched and freely exploit (they dont even bother cc because almost nonone going to come report)
  • DeadBotDeadBot
    edited June 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    but ohh well someone gotta pay for that extra server space occupied by 10~maplers

i hope "new" merged world runs better and not just squished all to "one" and make it lag worse....

also there is other risk factor that makes GMS server run healthy and thats hackers......
    we are going to get all hackers in "one" world and all bad items from their worlds that now are not watched and freely exploit (they dont even bother cc because almost nonone going to come report)

Some dont even care if they cc anymore, i found sites where they just use vm's and just leave all the clients open and have cc off so they wont even care if they get banned unless you touch there main account.

They will keep on hacking until nexon acturly fixes there sign up page and upgrade there clients 10x with new anticheat systems to stop them.

or better yet. Banning players will lead to mac ban and ip ban. and the only way to bypass that is to spoof ur mac and vpn ur ip which not everyone has time for that
  • PatchPatch
    Reactions: 360
    edited June 2019

Some dont even care if they cc anymore, i found sites where they just use vm's and just leave all the clients open and have cc off so they wont even care if they get banned unless you touch there main account.

They will keep on hacking until nexon acturly fixes there sign up page and upgrade there clients 10x with new anticheat systems to stop them.

or better yet. Banning players will lead to mac ban and ip ban. and the only way to bypass that is to spoof ur mac and vpn ur ip which not everyone has time for that

Nothing will stop the botters or hackers in this game. Nothing at all. Nexon even "sued" the main culprits for the hacking and look they are back and stronger than ever now. Now they have hacks that are hosted on a different site/country that will basically make them not be able to be sued anymore. Nexon tried there best and have stopped it for awhile but once again hackers end up winning. In the mmo world there will always be hackers/botters. It's something you need to learn to just deal with. Even top mmos like WoW and FFXIV have hackers in them. Granted they are far less since they are paid to play games but they still exist.

The only thing I can see GMS try to do now is adapt the KMS way of having security for there games and tie our ssn and phone number to the game. However, this being America that will probably never happen since that violates privacy laws. So again it doesn't matter what type of sign up pages Nexon does or upgrades they do to the client/anti cheat systems. Hackers/botters will always exist in this game. Especially since it seems Nexon feeds off those mesos sellers and hackers since they hardly show they care much anymore as they did in the beginning of the game.
  • rizariza
    edited June 2019

the merge will be ok for a few days and weeks but after a while, it won't be much. it will have the same issue.

Also, hackers will always hack no matter what Nexon knows this. The problem the issues aren't being solved is cause we aren't using all the resources we have available to its full extent.

We live in a time where almost anything can be prevented from behind a screen and right use of programs and technology. I feel the excuses being made and even the lack of resources being used is ridiculous.

With the new screen recorders and desktop programs, Nexon can easily create a task force which is in-game 24/7 and is on the ground and eliminates most of the hackers in days. We have the resources, but its the fact that most people profit off of hackers that it won't get done.

Trust me a million to billion dollar company telling you they can't resolve a hacker issue is not realistic. If we merge all the worlds together we cut prices down, also we can even focus on one big beautiful world and Ban all the hackers "BAN THEM ALL" and problem solve. I said this since the beginning and I stay on this cause its the best course of action.

We shouldn't come up with excuses we should come up with solutions "wise words from a wise person" ;)
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2019
    Someone said sever stability, so i say 1< X < 4 servers.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    -snip-

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24530/ban-data-from-05-23-2019-05-29-2019#latest

So let me get this straight, you want them to ban more than an average of 200+ people a day?
    Nexon is doing far from nothing. Stop pretending they're just sitting on their asses all day without doing anything.
    Trust me a million to billion dollar company telling you they can't resolve a hacker issue is not realistic
    I didn't realize you ran a multi-billion dollar company, Riza. But it's like you said.
    Also, hackers will always hack no matter what Nexon knows this.
    You do what you can, you damage control. Nexon America can only do so much since they don't develop themselves.
    Banning 200+ accounts on a daily basis is pretty good for a division that is bleeding money.
    Patch wrote: »
    Especially since it seems Nexon feeds off those mesos sellers and hackers since they hardly show they care much anymore as they did in the beginning of the game.
    There was a huge spree of hackers "in the beginning of the game" as well. It was far worse than what we have now.
    Who else remembers hackers being able to spawn server sided platforms for mobs to walk on?
    Or fly up into the sky where you couldn't even report them properly?
    Nexon stomped them out after awhile, but it did take awhile. We're just going through it again and people are reacting to it in the same way.
    SlicedTimePetalmagic
  • rizariza
    edited June 2019
    -snip-

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24530/ban-data-from-05-23-2019-05-29-2019#latest

So let me get this straight, you want them to ban more than an average of 200+ people a day?
    Nexon is doing far from nothing. Stop pretending they're just sitting on their asses all day without doing anything.
    Trust me a million to billion dollar company telling you they can't resolve a hacker issue is not realistic
    I didn't realize you ran a multi-billion dollar company, Riza. But it's like you said.
    Also, hackers will always hack no matter what Nexon knows this.
    You do what you can, you damage control. Nexon America can only do so much since they don't develop themselves.
    Banning 200+ accounts on a daily basis is pretty good for a division that is bleeding money.
    Patch wrote: »
    Especially since it seems Nexon feeds off those mesos sellers and hackers since they hardly show they care much anymore as they did in the beginning of the game.
    There was a huge spree of hackers "in the beginning of the game" as well. It was far worse than what we have now.
    Who else remembers hackers being able to spawn server sided platforms for mobs to walk on?
    Or fly up into the sky where you couldn't even report them properly?
    Nexon stomped them out after awhile, but it did take awhile. We're just going through it again and people are reacting to it in the same way.

The thing is in the time we live in we have the resources to eliminate most to all hackers. With in-game mod patrolling we can have them record their patrols and ban players. With the recording, they have proper evidence and can act justly.

I'm saying in our time now wasn't when the game came out we have resources now that can be used to make a task force and create jobs and even help resolve the issue. But as we have seen a few months ago there are people who are among us who cheating which if they get a perm ban that's revenue lost.

We have a choice and it's easy it's just who will bring the change? who will be that voice? who will be that people champion? that's for us the community to decide.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    we have the resources
    we have resources now that can be used to make a task force and create jobs
    What part of "Nexon bleeds money" don't you understand? Do you think these people just take peanuts?
    It's likely these people are already viewing thousands of people each day.
    They have to manage numerous servers relying on nothing more than a short 4 line in-game report system.
    As far as recording in-game bans, you know how quickly Nexon would generate thousands of hours of recordings just to prove that a person was hacking?

This is a terrible solution. A better one would be to stop/slow hacking at the source.
    Trimming the leaves of a plant only causes it to grow faster. You need to kill the root.
    Due to the way the game is designed, this is actually a lot harder than you might think.
    A lot of resources are exposed on the client side and plenty of people know the inner workings of the file format.
    It would be a very expensive process to fix this issue. Since this issue doesn't affect Korea nearly as much, it isn't worth their time to fix.

The best course of action I see is to stop making the Nexon Staff's job harder than it has to be.
    IE: Report as many people as you can and stop telling people that reporting doesn't do anything.
    SlicedTimePetalmagic
  • WetAndColdWetAndCold
    Reactions: 865
    edited June 2019
    If the argument is people want active server and people want dead server. Why not merge the "active" severs into one and merge the dead servers into one.
    That way active people will have an active server while people who want dead servers will get their dead servers. Now we only have 2 servers.
    WONDERGUY
  • rizariza
    edited June 2019
    we have the resources
    we have resources now that can be used to make a task force and create jobs
    What part of "Nexon bleeds money" don't you understand? Do you think these people just take peanuts?
    It's likely these people are already viewing thousands of people each day.
    They have to manage numerous servers relying on nothing more than a short 4 line in-game report system.
    As far as recording in-game bans, you know how quickly Nexon would generate thousands of hours of recordings just to prove that a person was hacking?

This is a terrible solution. A better one would be to stop/slow hacking at the source.
    Trimming the leaves of a plant only causes it to grow faster. You need to kill the root.
    Due to the way the game is designed, this is actually a lot harder than you might think.
    A lot of resources are exposed on the client side and plenty of people know the inner workings of the file format.
    It would be a very expensive process to fix this issue. Since this issue doesn't affect Korea nearly as much, it isn't worth their time to fix.

The best course of action I see is to stop making the Nexon Staff's job harder than it has to be.
    IE: Report as many people as you can and stop telling people that reporting doesn't do anything.

The thing is you can use thousands of dollars and waste every single dime of it. It's about how you use your money. My solution is more of a "USE YOUR MONEY AND RESOURCES RIGHT" type of solution, rather than going by regular methods. When you do something by a certain structure and it doesn't work, it just means to experiment new ways of doing so. This is why the forums exist for them to take the notes and utilize it to increase their effectiveness.

It's a type of, you can take it or leave it type of advice, the way I put it. I post what I think is a great solution as well as you guys and you can take it or leave it.
    WetAndCold wrote: »
    If the argument is people want active server and people want dead server. Why not merge the "active" severs into one and merge the dead servers into one.
    That way active people will have an active server while people who want dead servers will get their dead servers. Now we only have 2 servers.

That is a smart idea but that's the thing its a smart idea :D
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    The thing is you can use thousands of dollars and waste every single dime of it. It's about how you use your money. My solution is more of a "USE YOUR MONEY AND RESOURCES RIGHT" type of solution, rather than going by regular methods. When you do something by a certain structure and it doesn't work, it just means to experiment new ways of doing so. This is why the forums exist for them to take the notes and utilize it to increase their effectiveness.

Neither of us knows the inner workings of Nexon. You can't say if they're spending their money properly or not.
    Personally given the level of attention the community has gotten recently, I'd say Nexon is doing a lot better than they were say 2 or 3 years ago.
    We're already in the middle of Nexon experimenting and trying new things. The general reaction seems to actually be negative.
    This is getting severely off topic though.

My two cents is do the merge and see how that handles. If this doesn't resolve issues, then we can talk about server transfers.
    But we need to at least give the merge a chance to happen before we start shooting it down and saying it failed.
  • rizariza
    edited June 2019

Neither of us knows the inner workings of Nexon. You can't say if they're spending their money properly or not.
    Personally given the level of attention the community has gotten recently, I'd say Nexon is doing a lot better than they were say 2 or 3 years ago.
    We're already in the middle of Nexon experimenting and trying new things. The general reaction seems to actually be negative.
    This is getting severely off topic though.

My two cents is do the merge and see how that handles. If this doesn't resolve issues, then we can talk about server transfers.
    But we need to at least give the merge a chance to happen before we start shooting it down and saying it failed.

we can give it a shot no problem, overall it's a bad idea and I am in favor of it if it leads to a transfer.