[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to launch game

NobugaNobuga
Reactions: 100
edited June 2019 in Tech Support
After a few years of not playing Maplestory, decided to come back only to find out why I quit playing to begin with.
Game is not launching, and that's it.
Installed it through nexon player - did all troubleshooting related to that, no success.
Installed it through Steam - did all troubleshooting related to that and still no success.
Only gets as far as Nexon Game Security to pop for a second, and dissapearing. No Task Manager process is initiated, or if it is it gets killed after few moments.

Firewall isn't preventing it.
Antivirus isn't preventing it.
Clean Reboot did not work, even though ALL services (but Microsoft ones) were disabled.

I am out of ideas and nearly out of patient.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• ZeneonZeneon
    I just tried coming back to Maplestory due to all the burning events and pathfinder coming out soon as well. I also am having the exact issue, I remember last year I managed to fix it but forgot exactly what I did. I've tried probably all possible community support suggestions and even went through Nexon tech support fully, which they told me they don't have any other methods for me to try and solve it. If you or someone else happens to have
  • NobugaNobuga
    edited June 2019
    Nothing is working at the moment. Currently waiting for further review on my ticket.
    Lost count on how many times I've uninstalled and re-installed, even on different paths/disks; Nothing seems to do the trick.
  • NobugaNobuga
    edited June 2019
    After a week of trials, and 2 tickets being closed, all troubleshooting suggestions were exhausted and unsuccessful.
    I quit the game even before I could start replaying it.
    Have fun, folks
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited June 2019
    MapleStory Veteran HERE! Something is very odd here. Basically waited until this game update was finished since i have one slot for Pathfinder.

Yep doesn't load past the Nexon security pop up! This is coming for a guy who has the 2018 graphics and such on the Custom made Desktop! Ryce 5 Graphics as well!

Update Maplestory loads fine now!
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    The game is not opened to me through the nexon launcher since the recent game update.
    Repairing installation didn't help.
    Any suggestions/solutions??

Update
    It launched properly after restarting pc.