[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

10 Arcane Symbols Every Weekend?!

KishB1shKishB1sh
Reactions: 300
edited June 2019 in General Chat
So at maple fest they announced various things. One such thing was 10 arcane symbols every weekend with sunny sunday.

Well patch notes just dropped:

Week 1 - June 16, 2019
Receive 1 Eternal Rebirth Flame for every 5 used, up to 10 max per world.
Receive 1 Powerful Rebirth Flame for every 5 used, up to 10 max per world.
Receive Arcane Symbol (x10)
Week 2 - June 23, 2019
Receive 50% Bonus EXP when you clear Monster Park.
Receive x2 Sunday’s Growth Box when you clear Monster Park.
Week 3 - June 30, 2019
Receive 2 Stars when you succeed 10-Star Force enhancement and below.
Receive 50% off Spell Trace enhancement. (Non-Reboot worlds only)
Week 4 - July 7, 2019
Receive 30% off items from the Adventure Coin Shop.
Week 5 - July 14, 2019
Receive 100% success rate when you do Star Force 5, 10, and 15 enhancements. NOTE: This perk will not work on Tyrant gear!
Week 6 - July 21, 2019
Receive 30% off items from the Adventure Coin Shop.

You'll notice that not every sunday is listed to have 10 arcane symbol selectors?

I wonder how many other things they announced at maple fest that they're not actually going to follow through with. Anyone else spot anything?

Comments

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2019
    there's a ton of arcane symbols this event
  • KishB1shKishB1sh
    edited June 2019
    At 2:54 in their own video they state every weekend. So we should ignore what they say at maplefest?
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    there's a ton of arcane symbols this event

I think his point is about the principle of the matter.

More than likely someone misspoke and they aren't willing to make good on a promise they never intended to make. There are two ways to look at it, either they should make good on it because a representative of their company said that it was the case, or they should not have to make good because sometimes people misspeak and shouldn't be obligated to fulfill something said by accident.

I don't have a dog in this fight, 10 symbols is not that critical, at late game it saves you maybe a minute or two of time at most, and only shortens the length of time for any single symbol by one day, but given it takes over a year to max all symbols, one more day for any one symbol is kind of a drop in the bucket.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Y'know I bet they meant to put you get them every week via Adventure Island. On the site, it says depending on your adventure rank(coin shop) you can choose multiple weekly rewards from the list and the arcane symbols from each area are on that list.
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2019
    If that's what they meant they should've put that. Not sure why people excuse all of nexon's incompetency.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    If that's what they meant they should've put that. Not sure why people excuse all of nexon's incompetency.

I don't think anyone excuses all of Nexon's incompetency. Though I do have to agree with StarryKnight.
    It's not that big of a deal to miss out on the symbols. It's a bigger deal that a statement was made and not followed through. (That we're seeing)
    Most likely someone was confused and thought that was correct information. If Nexon made a mistake about this, they should correct it.
    We haven't had a memo in awhile, so it's possible that we'll get one about Kanna's DPS being wrong, maybe if we're lucky they'll address this as well.
  • KishB1shKishB1sh
    edited June 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

I don't think anyone excuses all of Nexon's incompetency. Though I do have to agree with StarryKnight.
    It's not that big of a deal to miss out on the symbols. It's a bigger deal that a statement was made and not followed through. (That we're seeing)
    Most likely someone was confused and thought that was correct information. If Nexon made a mistake about this, they should correct it.
    We haven't had a memo in awhile, so it's possible that we'll get one about Kanna's DPS being wrong, maybe if we're lucky they'll address this as well.

From my viewpoint, this is just one more thing where Nexon has not gotten right and then did not address. Kanna revamp, kishin, mesos rate, droprates, 2x events, server capacity, etc.