[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Horntail bugged

JumpLowJumpLow
Reactions: 610
in Bug Reporting
I entered Chaos Hortail just now as 3x event started and the head didn't come out forever.
Now I lost a chance to get earrings during 3x event on a new character.

hyaca

Comments

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited June 2019
    Please provide more details as explained in the post here
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2019
    Thought I may as well post here instead of a new topic post:

Bug Type: Boss Spawn

Brief bug summary: Chaos Horntail 1st head did not spawn, party of 2

More details: Looks like Channel 8 after going into entrance of Horntail's Cave. My friend (Kanna lv 199) and I (Mercedes 241) went into CHT, and the 1st head did not spawn.

Character name: TsukiKazuko and Zytherur

Character level: 241 and 199

Character job: Mercedes and Kanna

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 6/17/2019, Around 7:47PM PDT

QTOqH7K.jpg
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited June 2019
    Okhura wrote: »
    Please provide more details as explained in the post here

The game basically crashes due to its graphic failure. Some parts during the Horntail exploration binks or disappear, then the dc happens. This issue came out again right after adventure release.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    Always change channel if you use the boss queue or is on the channel that the boss queue that.
    This bug occurs because too many people are trying to fight Horntail on the same channel. (The game at some point (after an unknown amount of people has entered) failed to properly prepare that particular instance of Horntail that is assigned to you)
    PirateIzzy
  • ArtifexArtifex
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited June 2019
    Yeah, this happened to me once in the past and I was told by guildies that it happens when too many people try to enter Horntail at the same time. It hasn't happened for a while now (knock on wood, pretty sure I'm jinxing myself by saying that), since I usually play at odd hours instead of peak hours now.
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited June 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Always change channel if you use the boss queue or is on the channel that the boss queue that.
    This bug occurs because too many people are trying to fight Horntail on the same channel. (The game at some point (after an unknown amount of people has entered) failed to properly prepare that particular instance of Horntail that is assigned to you)

Now this thing is really getting annoying and nexon doesn't do anything during maintenance about this issue. Wasn't really happening before v205 patch, and this glitch is literally happening everywhere. It happens the most during Horntail expedition, but I have seen it also happening in Hilla entrance and ardentmill.

You say that this occurs because too many people are trying to fight Horntail, but I doubt it since I usually do the boss runs in the time when there are no people around. I also never use queue for any boss except magnus. I instead use the guide.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    EXdest wrote: »

The game basically crashes due to its graphic failure. Some parts during the Horntail exploration binks or disappear, then the dc happens. This issue came out again right after adventure release.

Now this thing is really getting annoying and nexon doesn't do anything during maintenance about this issue. Wasn't really happening before v205 patch, and this glitch is literally happening everywhere. It happens the most during Horntail expedition, but I have seen it also happening in Hilla entrance and ardentmill.

You say that this occurs because too many people are trying to fight Horntail, but I doubt it since I usually do the boss runs in the time when there are no people around. I also never use queue for any boss except magnus. I instead use the guide.

I think you are confusing memory leak (graphical issue at 3GB of memory usage, almost no interference with game play except crashing a few minute later, last few patch has a highest occurrence of memory leak) with Horntail/Zakum giving people a completely bugged out map with no boss fight functionality (bug that been around here forever ever since they became instanced).
  • Out5siderOut5sider
    Reactions: 200
    Bug Type: Boss Spawn

Brief bug summary: Chaos Horntail 1st head did not spawn

More details: I entered Path Finder lvl 205 the first head did not come out

Character name: out5sider

Character level: 205

Character job: pathfinder

World name:Bera

Date and time of the incident: 4/18/2020 9:14pm Central time
  • blp710blp710
    Reactions: 200
    you need to normal attack the pink crystal bro. try it next time.