[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Not sure if game is down? Or is my install corrupt

Fallen0neFallen0ne
Reactions: 210
in General Chat
Hi just wanted to ask if the servers were still down? The game won't start either from Steam or the launcher.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    The game is not down.
  • Fallen0neFallen0ne
    edited June 2019
    any suggestions? I can't seem to start the game
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2019
    Fallen0ne wrote: »
    any suggestions? I can't seem to start the game

For Steam Launcher

1. Verify for integrity of the game files. It will scan any corruption and replace it with clean files.
    2. If it says it's all clean...
    a. When launching MS, a "launch page" will pop up that says "if it nothing happens, click here", followed by admin permission pop up.
    Try to press "yes" as soon as permission pops up
    b. If this still doesn't work, aggressively click here several times on the launch page.

These are methods I've used whenever I get hiccups on steam launcher.
    Fallen0ne
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    Restart your computer if neither Nexon or Steam is not working because there probably a leftover program preventing Maple Story from starting. (You may need to do a full shutdown to fully clear the memory by holding down shift when selecting the power off button in the start menu, https://www.howtogeek.com/349114/shutting-down-doesnt-fully-shut-down-windows-10-but-restarting-it-does/)
    Fallen0ne
  • Fallen0neFallen0ne
    edited June 2019
    I will try these and revert back afterwards. Thanks for the suggestions.

Althought PenguinzO, seems those links don't go anywhere!
  • Fallen0neFallen0ne
    edited June 2019
    The launcher keeps telling me that I'm "Currently in-game"; even though the game doesn't actually launch. Kind of sad that I won't be able to take part in the Tera Burning event...
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited June 2019
    The launcher keeps telling me that I'm "Currently in-game"; even though the game doesn't actually launch. Kind of sad that I won't be able to take part in the Tera Burning event...

when it says "currently in-game" on steam/nx launcher, open up your task manager and search process tab, or detail tab (next to user tab) and find any nexon related system (anything with ms or nx logo on it). End those systems and it should go back to normal
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited June 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

when it says "currently in-game" on steam/nx launcher, open up your task manager and search process tab, or detail tab (next to user tab) and find any nexon related system (anything with ms or nx logo on it). End those systems and it should go back to normal

I've tried this and it still won't launch for me. The only way I've been able to start the game up after closing it out is by restarting my computer.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited June 2019
    Geminia wrote: »

I've tried this and it still won't launch for me. The only way I've been able to start the game up after closing it out is by restarting my computer.

do u use steam or nx launcher?
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2019
    yea same issue here game won't start. never had this problem
  • GySgtACEGySgtACE
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2019
    i found a solution to this problem. got to Task Manager, scroll all the way down and look for maplestory then end task. Should work after that.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited June 2019

Sorry for the late response, but I use the launcher. I've had bad experiences with trying to play the game through Steam in the past.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited June 2019

Sorry for the late response, but I use the launcher. I've had bad experiences with trying to play the game through Steam in the past.

Use steam. Whatever bad experience you've had with steam is gonna be nothing compared to nx launcher's spaghetti code. I had to reinstall the game over 20 times because I was using launcher. After finding out steam can also launch ms, I switched it and haven't had a problem that couldn't be fixed easily.
  • Fallen0neFallen0ne
    edited June 2019
    The only instance(s) of Maplestory on my task manager is actually active. No background processes. I'm so close to giving up. Maybe it's for the best....
  • Fallen0neFallen0ne
    edited June 2019
    Also, now that I've looked at my registry, it seems I am missing registry values for Maplestory......Not sure what happened but does anyone have the default values so I can enter them into my registry?