[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett Bugs that need to be addressed

MastahiroMastahiro
Reactions: 1,370
edited November 2020 in Bug Reporting
In light of the previous thread here that was closed without without the chance to explain that the bugs STILL remain to this day, I'm making a "new" list of bugs, to be addressed if possible.
Actually, it would be best if we start a more recent list rather than updating this outdated one.

It cuts down on confusion for the debugging team and everyone has a more concise list of reported issues.

I know it says that I shouldn't post multiple bugs into 1 thread but making 1 separate thread for every bug is ridiculously long for me and as you can see there is many that needs to be addressed

These bugs are the same ones, and I'll just point out a few that I'm not 100% sure if they're still in the game or not.

Bug type: Multiple bugs

Bug Summaries:

ADDED: [AP] Jetts have 5 less AP than other classes in the game.
[1st Job] The skill 'Space Walk' is not affected by the reverse abnormal status
ADDED: [1st Job] The Skill 'Vortex Jump' isn't affected by skill transparency. - Skill removed
ADDED: [1st Job] The skill 'Vortex Jump' does not do damage if used during the animation of another skill. - Skill removed
[2nd Job] The skill 'Stellar Impact' shows bamboo art graphics at the end of the skill animation
[3rd Job] The skill 'Spacial Shift' only deal 3 lines of damage when used for the first time in horizontal position. Upward, downward direction and any second use will only apply the number of lines and damage of the skill 'Vortex Cross'
[3rd Job] The skill 'Spacial Shift' does not allow the Jett to go in the upward direction when holding down the skill for the second use
[3rd Job] The skill 'Cosmic Upheaval' can disconnect the character if monsters you pulled are pushed too far away of the default distance - The best place to see this is in Chuchu/Lach/ ADDED: Dark World Tree maps
[3rd Job] The skill 'Falling Stars' doesn't always deal damage to monsters - Not sure if this still happens
ADDED: [3rd Job] The skill 'Vortex Cross' sometimes shows up as 'No Name A' or 'No Name B' during Battle Analysis (something to do with Vortex Cross vs Spatial Shift).
[4th Job] The skill 'Strikeforce Showdown' cast an animation when the skill is activated at the same time the Jett skill 'Starforce Salvo' is released
[4th job] The skill 'Maple Warrior' has a delay on it upon cast and therefore you are unable to move for a while after casting - Fixed
[4th job] The hyper skill 'Singularity Shock' is not affected by changing the ‘Other Characters’ Skill Transparency’ option
ADDED from Whorific in thread: [4th job] The hyper skill 'Singularity Shock's Lv20 Boost Node effect of "Max Targets +1" does not affect the initial hit of the skill. It still only hits one monster.
ADDED: [4th Job] The skill 'Rising Cosmos' tooltip states that the skill gives "damage and final damage" but only gives damage.
ADDED: [4th Job] The skill 'Backup beatdown' shows a red damage effect on the "explosion" part of the hit. This is the hit animation for Zen, not Jett.
ADDED: [Hyper skills] The skill 'Singularity Shock's extra hit shows up as 'No Name A' or 'No Name B' during Battle Analysis.
[5th Job] The skill 'Strikeforce Showdown' doesn't have a boost node - FIXED on patch v218
[5th Job] The skill 'Starfall' doesn't have a boost node - FIXED on patch v218
[5th Job] The skill boost node 'Vortex Cross Boost' doesn't increase damage on the 'Spacial Shift' upgrade skill of Vortex Boost - Fixed here
[5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' is not affected by changing the ‘Other Characters’ Skill Transparency’ option
[5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' final AoE damage doesn't increase when you and/or allies attack monsters inside the singularity
ADDED: [5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' cannot be exploded early anymore.
ADDED from Vital in thread: [5th job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' AoE damage doesn't deal the correct base damage; it is incorrect by nearly 1000%
ADDED from Vital in thread: [5th job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' effect lags everybody who can see it; can even cause freezes upward of 1 second for every player including the caster
ADDED from Vital in thread: [5th job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' periodic damage sometimes skips a tick for no apparent reason
ADDED from Vital in thread: [5th job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' cooldown is bugged visually; once it reaches 30 seconds remaining, it immediately skips to 0
[5th Job] The skill 'Suborbital Strike' can turn buggy and will continuously attack a monster even though it registers damage
[5th Job] The skill 'Suborbital Strike' does not attack some bosses such as Gollux. (Explanation in the discussion below) Fixed with v215 without announcement

Design Issue(s) - (Feedback on the July 24 patch)
There is no real benefit to use the Starline combo
Jett is a damage character performing badly at this current state. This class needs to have higher damage by giving them more final damage and/or critical damage - FIXED on patch v218
[1st Job] The skill 'Space Walk' jump distance has been heavily nerf in the Jett's latest revamp v.186 – Override: Evolve - Reverted
[2nd Job] The skill 'Starline Two' only deals two lines of damage while other Starline skills do 3 lines of damage
ADDED: [3rd and 4th jobs] The skills 'Starline 3' and 'Starline 4' can now be cast in the air (24 July 2019), but the the skills used in the air don't move the character - Is this intended? - Read the next line
ADDED: [3rd and 4th jobs] The skill 'Starline 3' can no longer be cast in the air, but nothing was mentioned in the patch notes.
[3rd Job] The skill 'Cosmic Upheaval' doesn't pull every monster hit if another player is in the map (common knock-back issue mechanic)
[/s][3rd Job] The skill 'Turret Deployment' does not use the character damage formula[/s] - FIXED on patch v218
ADDED from Whorific in thread: [3rd Job] The skill 'Slipstream Suit' has 150 second duration while other buffs are 180. - Fixed
ADDED: [4th Job] The skill 'Hero's Will' does not provide immunity like all the other Explorers' "Hero's Will" - Fixed here
[4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' should be revamped to offer more flexibility in terms of mobbing
ADDED: [4th job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' can now be used while jumping (24 July 2019), but the skill 'Starforce Salvo' does not. - Is this intended? - Can now jump too
ADDED: [4th job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' reduces the character's movement speed to 100% - Is this intended? - FIXED on patch v218
[4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' animation suggests the Jett should attack monsters behind him, but the skill hitbox only hit in front of the Jett character based on the Zen code from another MapleStory region - Fixed
[4th Job] The skill 'Starfall' has a long cooldown (60 30 seconds) and doesn't provide any benefit. This skill is weak in comparaison of existing pirate skill 'Nautilus Strike'
[4th Job] The hyper skill 'Starforce Salvo - Range' does not increase the range of the skill 'Strikeforce Showdown', making this hyper skill less desirable to use
[4th Job] The hyper skill 'Bionic Maximizer' provides few non desirable buffs. If these buffs could be provided passively, another active effect could be introduced for this skill
[4th Job] The hyper skill 'Singularity Shock' has a really long skill animation on use EDIT: but hits only once for the full duration, and it's not an iframe. - FIXED on patch v218
[5th Job] The skill 'Gravity Crush' would be too much limited by the current damage cap if the final AoE damage would be fixed and deal at maximum 30000% damage per line

ADDED: from Whorific in thread: [5th job] The skill 'Suborbital Strike' cannot be disabled by Right-clicking the buff icon in the upper right corner, unlike most buffs. It makes channel surfing awkward. - Fixed here
ADDED: [5th Job] The skill 'Allied fury' tooltip does not display where the "focused attack" lines are being included. The first or the second portion of the attack that have different percentages.
ADDED: [Quest] Completing the quest 'Empress's Might' does not give anything except the Maple Achievement.
ADDED: [Quest] Completing the quest 'An Arrangement from the Goddess' does not always give the 'Echo of Hero' skill.

Aggregating from other posts (feel free to disregard these and worry about the linked post, just wanted to keep track in a single post)
[1-4th Jobs] The skills 'Starline 1-4' damage might be calculated incorrectly. Here - Fixed
[4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' does not state how much damage is done on the final attack. Here
[4th Job] The skill 'Maple Warrior' does not give you or your party a buff. Here - Fixed
[2nd, 3rd Jobs] Following the patch on 24th July 2019, additional skill points were going to be given to existing Jetts that were not given. Here
[4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' after patch 206 has a smaller range than it effectively used to, even though the patch stated the range was being increased. Here
[1st Job] The skill 'Space Walk' locks you from using any skill in the air for the first moments of its animation. This lock does not exist with the second time you use the skill. Here
[2-4th Jobs] The skills 'Starline 2-4' were not designed with Jump attack in mind, so their hitbox does not hit any smaller mobs at all. Here
[Quest] Jett Quest "In Search of A Clue" (added in v206) cannot be completed as monsters do not drop the item. Here
[1-4th Jobs] The skill delay decrease from patch v212 was actually a skill delay increase. Here

(Thanks to Slatymate for the majority of these - And thanks to SummerMist for the original list and post)

Steps to reproduce: Just play the class

Character Name: Thisgetsban

Character Level: 213

Character Job: Jett

World Name: Reboot

Date and Time of the incident: been happening for a very long time and needs to be fixed (Everyone that has played Jett has experienced these problems)
JettLuvsUSkittlebraddlebumbertyrZaros_RunaAirBlitz79MorningAfterSevenWizardBeau

Comments

• MastahiroMastahiro
    edited June 2019
    Hopefully this thread doesn't get closed because the moderation team thinks that the development team would've fixed bugs within a 1 year timespan.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited June 2019
    Thanks again, will forward it again :)
    MapleBishopFan85
  • WhorificWhorific
    Reactions: 1,865
    edited June 2019
    Mastahiro wrote: »
    [4th Job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' animation suggests the Jett should attack monsters behind him, but the skill hitbox only hit in front of the Jett character based on the Zen code from another MapleStory region

Our hitbox for Backup Beatdown is a lot bigger than the one in TMS. It was changed a while ago. This is no longer an issue.

-Has Allied Fury being unaffected by the 70% Mastery skill been fixed yet? There was a post back when it was first released that showed it wasn't affected.

-I don't know if you'd call it a bug but Jett was ignored back when KMS unified buff durations for all active buffs. Slipstream Suit has 150 seconds and other buffs are 180.

-Singularity Shock's Lv20 Boost Node effect of "Max Targets +1" does not affect the initial hit of the skill. It still only hits one monster.

-Suborbital Strike cannot be disabled by Right-clicking the buff icon in the upper right corner, unlike most buffs. It makes channel surfing awkward.

The skill 'Suborbital Strike' does not attack some bosses such as Gollux.

This also includes Pink Bean statues when you're near the ends of the map, Horntail if you're on the higher platforms, and Commerci Voyage Livyatan. I think the problem is that the skill targets the monsters' origin as opposed to its hitbox. Pink Bean statue spawn in the middle of the map but their hitboxes are on the left and right sides, for example. Horntail's individual body parts spawn at the bottom of the map but their hitboxes are at different elevations, etc.
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited June 2019
    Made edits based on the previous post.
    Whorific wrote: »
    -Singularity Shock's Lv20 Boost Node effect of "Max Targets +1" does not affect the initial hit of the skill. It still only hits one monster.

-Suborbital Strike cannot be disabled by Right-clicking the buff icon in the upper right corner, unlike most buffs. It makes channel surfing awkward.
    I think the "Max Targets +1" only affects the explosion. Idk if it's a bug or intentional, Bishop's Angel Ray in Righteously Indignant also only hits 1 target with a "Max Targets +1" boost node... because the buff limits to 1 target. Either way, why use the skill if it roots you in place for 3s without an iframe and does less damage than anything else ^^
    -Has Allied Fury being unaffected by the 70% Mastery skill been fixed yet? There was a post back when it was first released that showed it wasn't affected.
    Do you have the link to the post? I'd put it in if you have it, because I'm unaware of this...

• WhorificWhorific
    edited June 2019
    Do you have the link to the post? I'd put it in if you have it, because I'm unaware of this...

Link to original post

Nevermind, though. It seems to have been fixed. Just tested it now. I haven't seen anything about it in any maintenance notes, which is why I asked.
    Bishop's Angel Ray in Righteously Indignant also only hits 1 target with a "Max Targets +1" boost node... because the buff limits to 1 target.

Bishop's is definitely intentional. The hyper skill overwrites all multi-target skills to being single target. Jett doesn't have any such effects though. It should still hit more than one monster.
    Either way, why use the skill if it roots you in place for 3s without an iframe and does less damage than anything else

It does still improve my DPM. It's dangerous to use but it still helps if the enemy is bound or in the middle of a long attack animation.
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited July 2019
    Bumping this because I wanted to add something, I'll add it to the OP too:

ADDED: [4th Job] The skill 'Hero's Will' does not provide immunity like all the other Explorers' "Hero's Will"
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited July 2019
    In light of the recent Jett "rework" patch notes and seeing as how most of these bugs were not mentioned to being fixed, I would like to bump this thread to make sure that these get noticed, and hopefully get either some confirmation that they are being addressed or at least pushed onto the next patch.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Ridiculous how much this thread gets bumped and updated and summarily ignored.

@bumbertyr
    bumbertyr
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited July 2019
    Bumping again, most of these are still issues in the game.

Adding the following to the list (anyone at Nexon, feel free to tell me when the list of added things warrant a new thread, because I don't want to just fill the forum with 200 posts, and this makes a more concise list)
    ADDED: [3rd and 4th jobs] The skills 'Starline 3' and 'Starline 4' can now be cast in the air (24 July 2019), but the the skills used in the air don't move the character - Is this intended?
    ADDED: [4th job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' can now be used while jumping (24 July 2019), but the skill 'Starforce Salvo' does not. - Is this intended?
    ADDED: [4th job] The skill 'Backup Beatdown' reduces the character's movement speed to 100% - Is this intended?
    ADDED: [4th Job] The skill 'Rising Cosmos' tooltip states that the skill gives "damage and final damage" but only gives damage.
  • Zaros_RunaZaros_Runa
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited July 2019
    Any idea if Jett is not supposed to have Hero's Echo? Or am I doing something wrong? I did the quest from the statue in orbis tower, the description says I now have it, it's nowhere to be found.
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited July 2019
    Zaros_Runa wrote: »
    Any idea if Jett is not supposed to have Hero's Echo? Or am I doing something wrong? I did the quest from the statue in orbis tower, the description says I now have it, it's nowhere to be found.

I personally got it after doing the quest... Did you do it all the way? Did you check the basic tab again, relogging?
    I'm going to check if more people report not having it, I would suggest making a post/support ticket if you don't have it though.
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited August 2019
    Zaros_Runa wrote: »

A lot more people have reported getting this issue, adding it to the original post.

ADDED: [Quest] Completing the quest 'Empress's Might' does not give anything except the Maple Achievement.
    ADDED: [Quest] Completing the quest 'An Arrangement from the Goddess' does not always give the 'Echo of Hero' skill.
  • TheLegendOfRJTheLegendOfRJ
    Reactions: 700
    edited August 2019
    Really hope Nexon takes a look at this post. I don’t understand why nerf BB explosion hitbox if our movement speed is capped at 100%. I’d rather be able to flash jump while using BB and have the explosion animation removed if they were going to do that. Just feels like a little more thought could’ve been put into Jett.
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited August 2019
    Adding the following to the post:

ADDED: [1st Job] The skill 'Vortex Jump' does not do damage if used during the animation of another skill.
    ADDED: [3rd Job] The skill 'Vortex Cross' sometimes shows up as 'No Name A' or 'No Name B' during Battle Analysis (something to do with Vortex Cross vs Spatial Shift).
    ADDED:[Hyper skills] The skill 'Singularity Shock's extra hit shows up as 'No Name A' or 'No Name B' during Battle Analysis.
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    edited August 2019
    Adding the following to the list:

ADDED: [AP] Jetts have 5 less AP than other classes in the game.
  • WhorificWhorific
    edited August 2019
    This patch fixed a few issues.
    -Spacial Shift passive is now affected by Vortex Cross Boost Nodes.
    -Hero's Will supposedly changed to grant immunity now, but it always worked for me against Hard Hilla's cage so I don't know what the problem was at all.
    -Suborbital Strike can now be canceled by right-clicking the active icon.
    -Reversed Controls status ailment now correctly affects Space Walk.
    -Stellar Impact animation has been fixed.

Progress! Bless the Nexon overlords!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    This patch fixed a few issues.
    -Spacial Shift passive is now affected by Vortex Cross Boost Nodes.
    -Hero's Will supposedly changed to grant immunity now, but it always worked for me against Hard Hilla's cage so I don't know what the problem was at all.
    -Suborbital Strike can now be canceled by right-clicking the active icon.
    -Reversed Controls status ailment now correctly affects Space Walk.
    -Stellar Impact animation has been fixed.

Progress! Bless the Nexon overlords!

Look at your list and compare it to the OP list. Now measure that against how long jett has been seen as a half-functioning meme class. Absolutely do not "bless the nexon overlords" for progress that's long overdue.
  • WhorificWhorific
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Look at your list and compare it to the OP list. Now measure that against how long jett has been seen as a half-functioning meme class. Absolutely do not "bless the nexon overlords" for progress that's long overdue.

You don't have to tell me about Jett's neglect, I'm well aware. That's why any minor bug fix is a great thing. She's finally getting some attention. Let's be optimistic and hope that it continues.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019

You don't have to tell me about Jett's neglect, I'm well aware. That's why any minor bug fix is a great thing. She's finally getting some attention. Let's be optimistic and hope that it continues.

See, I'm looking at this from the same perspective as, let's say, your child refusing to clean their room for months on end, and then finally cleaning a small amount of it and getting praise for it. And I don't mean a young "positive reinforcement to build self-esteem" child, I mean a kid who's damn sure old enough to clean up after themselves.
  • WhorificWhorific
    edited August 2019
    See, I'm looking at this from the same perspective as, let's say, your child refusing to clean their room for months on end, and then finally cleaning a small amount of it and getting praise for it. And I don't mean a young "positive reinforcement to build self-esteem" child, I mean a kid who's damn sure old enough to clean up after themselves.

Nexon isn't our parents. MapleStory is a business, first and foremost. They prioritize things that will be the most profitable. Jett is not a popular character so she's on the bottom of the priority list. Nexon doesn't owe us anything. We're just customers and we have to vote with our wallets... which means nothing for Jett because number of Jett players is tiny, regardless of whether they're paying customers or not. So, if we don't like the way it's handled, all we can do is take it or leave it.