[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Illegal Programs Detected in Afterlands

AlmostAWarriorAlmostAWarrior
Reactions: 440
edited June 2019 in Bug Reporting
(edited to fit the guidelines)

Bug type: unknown?

Brief bug summary: Attacking bushes in Afterlands gives illegal program message

More details: When I am playing in the Afterlands and cut down the brush, MapleStory gives me a message saying that it detected an illegal program and that I might get banned for it. I do not have any illegal programs installed that I know of. I have also seen forums about a similar issue a few years back when trying to loot a box after fighting a boss, and recently about this same issue.

Steps to reproduce: First, log onto your character. Second, go to the Afterlands. third, cut down the bushes by attacking. This will give you the message.

Character name: Extentinat

Character level: 115

Character job: Ark

World name: Chaos

Date and time of the incident: June 18, 2019. 11:59 or earlier/later (CDT)
hyacakarpandsmeargleFoxgloveTea

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Yup, same thing happened to me. As soon as you initiate an attack in that map, the dialogue box pops up saying you are using hacks. However, it doesn't prevent you from continuing actions other than leaving the map. So, if you're stuck, you can finish meleeing the bush, wait til the bubble above your head turns to quest complete, log out, log in, and wait for the bubble to turn to quest complete again.
    AlmostAWarriorFoxgloveTea
  • FoxgloveTeaFoxgloveTea
    Reactions: 510
    edited July 2019
    The same thing literally happened to me minutes ago, and I immediately got scared and logged out because I too don't have any illegal programs downloaded LOL
    AlmostAWarrior
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited July 2019
    Hello,
    The issue where attacking the bush in front of the door in Afterlands would result in crashes has been addressed through today's Scheduled Maintenance.
    Please let us know if you still experience this issue after today.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/51425/scheduled-minor-patch-july-11-2019