[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna Destoyed

N0b0dyN0b0dy
Reactions: 610
edited June 2019 in Rants and Raves
Dear Nexon Team.
Whoever made the descision about kannas revamp should be fired...
1. DMG Range is lower than ever
2. Skills havent got DMG numbers from JMS
3. Nodes got nerfed
4. Attack Ranges of skills are reduced
5. Still getting random disconnects

You made me quit Maple because of this.
Thank you random Nexom Employer who destroyed Kanna.

Comments

• DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2019
    guess the put in great effort to avoid kannas getting any extra power

now that they nerfed kanna with this revamp it is about time they Show some kanna love and start planning to do some real balancing
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Funny how a kanna main on reddit, after taking the time to sit down and learn the new mechanics and shuffle some stats around, said it was actually an improvement.
    MorningAfterSevenBeefdarikSherri
  • N0b0dyN0b0dy
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Funny how a kanna main on reddit, after taking the time to sit down and learn the new mechanics and shuffle some stats around, said it was actually an improvement.

link?
  • DancemonDancemon
    edited June 2019
    And as you see everything he wrote is very contested

If you pay a bit of Attention the guy had to reroll his equips and take Advantage of the new hyperstat System before he could do any significant testing

how significant can any of his conclusions be if he rerolled his stuff and altered his stats?

any class can alter his Output now using other stats with the new hyperstat System

that does not Change anything about the new nerf though

Balancing for kanna is Long overdue, and it gets time nexon starts working on it, instead of ruining a fun class for so many players
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Dancemon wrote: »
    -snip-
    I think it is still far too early to call the class ruined.
    Give it some more time, let the bugs be fixed, only then can players really make a decision.
    Let the honeymoon phase end. You cannot judge something properly after a quick and drastic change.
    N0b0dy wrote: »
    Dear Nexon Team.
    Whoever made the descision about kannas revamp should be fired...
    [...]
    Thank you random Nexom Employer who destroyed Kanna.

Except the random Nexon Employee was probably pretty high up on the design team.
    I doubt they let "random" employees handle something like class balance revamps.
    As I said above, give it some time, let the bugs be ironed out.
    And if the bugs never get ironed out, then I guess Beast Tamer/Jett have a new best friend.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    I think the biggest problem is that people only think about class changes in black and white terms, buff or nerf, and if it isn't one then surely it must be the other. There is no conceptualization of lateral change, of neither a buff nor a nerf but simply overhauling mechanics.
    darik
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2019

Not really? There's like two people who disagree with the OP at all, and both of them are based off of pure DPS charts (one of which complains about the OP using "anecdotal" data but refuses to provide any evidence of their own claims, actually going as far as telling other people to "Google it").
    Much of the thread is agreeing that the revamp is fine, though the crashing needs to be addressed.

Even the OP explicitly states:
    This is a revamp not a buff. Kanna was overhauled as a class and it's not fair for us to expect her to be what she used to be. It's best to treat Kanna like a new class. Try to relearn her from the ground up. I chose to use my terra burn on Kanna and within two hours I was a lot more familiarized with the class and had a better idea how skills interact with each other.
  • DancemonDancemon
    edited June 2019
    Well, i think nexon totally missed the boat on this one

i do not think Players ever asked for a new class can only be enjoyed when you totally overfund it with gear and where you Need to get in the lvl 250 Region to be able to Mount those 6 skill nodes if you do not want to be weaker than a beasttamer

all kanna asked for was some balancing after the Major nerf years ago, and after years of promises we are still worse off than before the nerf

maybe some new Players with Major funding will enjoy the new kanna, but most old kanna Players do not, or they will not find out the first few couple of years by lack of funds and nodestones

for most kannaplayers the honeymoon is already over
    they waited years for this to happen and are getting tired of waiting for a real Job balancing
  • KishB1shKishB1sh
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2019
    Neospector wrote: »

Not really? There's like two people who disagree with the OP at all, and both of them are based off of pure DPS charts (one of which complains about the OP using "anecdotal" data but refuses to provide any evidence of their own claims, actually going as far as telling other people to "Google it").
    Much of the thread is agreeing that the revamp is fine, though the crashing needs to be addressed.

Even the OP explicitly states:
    This is a revamp not a buff. Kanna was overhauled as a class and it's not fair for us to expect her to be what she used to be. It's best to treat Kanna like a new class. Try to relearn her from the ground up. I chose to use my terra burn on Kanna and within two hours I was a lot more familiarized with the class and had a better idea how skills interact with each other.

The OP actually didn't cite any evidence, no recording and nothing that can be vetted. I have a level 232 kanna and don't know how he's getting 25% more damage output without entirely different equips/stats - with only changing his setup.

The person that made the most coherent post here is this guy. The kanan revamp was just one more in a train of let downs by nexon. If they can't do anything right, just give us JMS kanna and call it a day.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/c16c92/unpopular_opinion_the_kanna_update_actually/ercj64f?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
  • BB327BB327
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2019
    Personally, I have no problem with stopping Kishin "stacks". The revamp definitely destroyed Kanna as a playing class. Yes, I get it... all the attacks are fancier now. Problems: One, the Kishin is broken since the "supposed" "Blessing Fix" during the LAST UM (not today's). Two, Kanna PUSHES monsters and BOSSES AWAY as she attacks... two problems with this... it renders Liberated Spirit Circle (arguably her best damage skill) absolutely worthless, and NOW she no longer has a skill to pull the bosses back to her!!! *Thanks a Million!!!*. NOTE: Some of the bosses it is now a joke to solo as a Kanna are: HHilla, Ark, CPB/PB. Unless you have Thousands of USD in your Kanna and can "Poof" the boss.... have fun chasing it across the map, as you LSC floats in the air totally useless, until you can get it against a wall. Three, the new Mana veins that we have to be almost PERFECTLY centered on when we cast Bellflower Barrier are a joke! Take Hell mode Gollux, where you have to go left and right to avoid the attacks, the mana veins NEVER appear in center, where the might do you some good! So, the choice is go off to the side to cast BB so you can actually utilize the increased mana recovery, or simply cast your BB in the center... gaining the 20% Boss, and rendering Vanquisher's Charm (Main attack against Bosses) 99% unusable. The problem with the first choice is that you now have to run away to the OTHER side to avoid attacks, losing the increased mana recovery AND the 20% Boss while doing so! The problem with the second choice should be apparent! Four, the damage nerf to Kannas.... Seriously!!!! I went from 8 million plus range down to 5.5 after revamp, up to 6 after the "FIX". Yes, A LOT of time, resources, and mesos into getting him (my char is a him, sorry) up to that kind of range. I look at my Legendary and 3 line Unique quips... over and over... and wonder what I did to deserve this "New and Improved" Character. Over the last 12 years you have hammered every character I have ever mained. The New and Improved Kanna... now takes over one minute longer to hellux, now chases bosses all across the map (without away to draw them back), dies so bloody easily (Really? I am 241 and NEVER died before!!!! Now it is not uncommon to die three or four times in a Hellux run! Why, well in order to take advantage of the aforementioned LSC, one must stand in the CENTER (The LSC does NO good, whatsoever, floating up into the sky while standing on the edge of the second platform! Whatever changes made to the Kanna during the revamp to this New and Destroyed Kanna, have made them extremely susceptible to the second stage Gollux attacks. Basically, two attacks and dead... thereby losing Spirit Domain, Blackhearted Curse (Old Name, I know), and some other buffs/attacks... even with Buff Freezers, that I buy daily. There are currently some maps where I see NO improvement with Kishin , even with multiple castings! BIGGEST GRIPE!?!?!?! I noticed about a month ago, give or take a few weeks, that you did something to the kanna, where if the map gets to "Busy" it is an auto disconnect... seriously?... if you catch it in time... and take your hands away from the keyboard, don't touch ANY buttons... maybe you not DC and lose all your buffs (with the appreciated exception of 2x EXP coupons), if you had just hot all of your 5th job buffs (Adv. Bless, etc.) you can kiss those goodbye for two-three minutes!!! Maybe, now that you have finally beat up kishin, you can take away whatever you did to make "Busy" maps DC Kannas? The most amazing thing to me is ALL of the anti-hack modes work AWESOME against "Laggy" players, while never touching Legit hackers. I have been watching this for years! Nothing like going into the "Old Zak", putting on an apple, then getting DC's for the "GM Hack" reason to make you love a game. Then coming out and going to Henesys Ruins, Leafre, etc., and seeing hackers playing every single channel on maps with now problems whatsoever. Last Rant: It appears that one must either hack or SUPPORT the hackers to acquire the mesos needed to become "Godly", Figure 5 billion, if you are lucky, to make just one piece of equipment into a 22*. The best way to BEAT the hackers is to undersell them!!! Maybe we can buy mesos from Nexon CHEAPER than hackers... There is an awesome idea!!!... put the hackers out of business and the latency in the game will no longer be blamed on whatever character they are currently utilizing! I have watched them utilize almost EVERY character ever created btw. Then watched major nerfs to each one...
    Mascarade
  • MascaradeMascarade
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited July 2019
    The stupid part of it all is... lets give people who have fury totems the ability to have a skill (kishin) that the own class doesn't even have complete anymore . let that sink in... you can get a class's skill, in its entirety, when that class no longer has it.. my Kanna is over 200. I will never touch it again.. so thats that.. my main is not the kanna , but for others who had made this their main its down right unbelievable to have a class and lose your skills but oh if you want to have said skill just go get it from marvel etc... the fact is, the very second this skill was taken from Kanna's, it should've been taken from the game for EVERYONE. yes that means taking everyones fury totem O U T .. that is the ONLY fair thing they should have done. But lets not make angry those who spend that much $ .. but perfectly ok to kill the class. #nexonlogic #onlyabout$$$ enjoy another pay to play move by nexon. oh to make everyone "think" we care we'll throw in a crappy 1 day fury in the maple shop for all .. lol unbelievable ! it really comes down to.. they had a hacking problem on a class, which has been in this game since it began, not being able to do anything about hackers , really do something, they just decided to destroy a class because that fixed everything.. that is the bottom line.
  • Fallon_RavenFallon_Raven
    Reactions: 100
    What I want to know is why People are Using Kanna To take over monster spawns I can't even get one hit in to other monsters without someone from the Kanna class already defeating monsters before I even can have the chance to. I'm not trying to diss the kanna class but honestly