[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

why are there still maps with bots 24/7

JezJez
Reactions: 1,600
edited June 2019 in General Chat
like big spiders for instance, its 24/7 populated by kanna botters in almost all channels... and in henesys there are 24/7 meso sellers bots spamming

why is this allowed?

Comments

• PatchPatch
    Reactions: 360
    edited June 2019
    Jez wrote: »
    like big spiders for instance, its 24/7 populated by kanna botters in almost all channels... and in henesys there are 24/7 meso sellers bots spamming

why is this allowed?

Its been like that since the beginning. Bots and hackers run this game and Nexon can only do so much. They pretty much tried everything and really just can't stop them. Even suing them had little affect. It's just something you need to learn to deal with since bots/hackers will always be in mmos no matter what. It's not just MS either it's all mmos just some mmos handle them better since they are subscription based games or make there game far more riskier to hack into than MS is.
    Fuhreakdarik
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited June 2019
    It's not allowed. They publish ban data every week and there are thousands of characters and accounts being banned.
    Fuhreak
  • polerpoler
    Reactions: 725
    edited June 2019
    It is just that it is a free game and well people can make endless accounts and endless emails with changing their IP-address or using VPN makes it you can't stop botting in this game. There are things like curse of elite boss or something when a rune is activated forcing bots to be able to unlock the rune when it appears. Unlocking the rune means solving a generated combinations of arrows keys and this slowed bots down. Key phrase SLOW.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    poler wrote: »
    It is just that it is a free game and well people can make endless accounts and endless emails with changing their IP-address or using VPN makes it you can't stop botting in this game. There are things like curse of elite boss or something when a rune is activated forcing bots to be able to unlock the rune when it appears. Unlocking the rune means solving a generated combinations of arrows keys and this slowed bots down. Key phrase SLOW.

Oh you precious thing, you actually believe that, don't you? Bots have never once been slowed down by runes, neither before or after the "curse" was added nor when they changed the key inputs to this random-colors-and-textures garbage we've all dealt with for a year or more at this point. I've seen bots use runes. The rune appears on the map and then disappears right after. There may have been a measure of being slowed directly at the outset, but that was clearly overcome in a hurry.

Everything they have ever added, or will ever add, in the name of "combating botters" has been almost entirely circumvented and disregarded by the very bots they're trying to curb, leaving the actual non-gold-farming-bot players to suffer.
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited June 2019

why is this allowed?

the bugs continue in this game later of maintenance ... dc instants for my in part and the tipic .... hackers ... it is amazing to find many of these in many places with instant map changes and one can not report them, after the arrangement of the kishin and totem fury good ... this game is the same with the same problems as always and now with the new worlds merged , the gameplay and the increase of players have not changed anything
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited June 2019
    I think what might work even though it would not be a popular fix would be to have a cool down on everything that allows you move areas or even enter cash shop. Like if you wanted to enter cash shop it would take 5 seconds to enter after the button was pressed or to change channels there would be a 10-15 wait time after you selected the channel you wanted to go in. changing areas would be a 5 second cool down to switch over and instant teleports like rocks and maple guide teleports would have a 10 second cool down. Also lastly quitting the game or changing characters would have 30 second wait time, so if you tried doing any of those buttons or force dc yourself your character would sit in place for 30 seconds before logging out.

These changes would be annoying for the player base and I figure hacker could troll by force disconnecting someone or if the power went out. But it could make catching hackers easier because they couldn't just flee as easy. Other wise the best solution for keeping hackers off the game is to have like 10-20 gm per server around the clock but that could be costly to maintain but would be the best option in my opinion.
    darik
  • LancerNgLancerNg
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2019
    and yet... they banned someone like me didn't even hack at all.... and saying they are not going to lift the banned for me account...
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2019

why is this allowed?

I have in the past been bringing this up every time since old forums existed and even in-game. I don't think it will ever be fixed. I recommended in-game security guards or mods to record and ban people with the evidence and participate in the purging and cleansing. the thing is it won't ever be done the way it seems. With the way technology is moving and the advancements we made in our age, there shouldn't be a reason not to have it solve but yeah it won't happen if that helps.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited June 2019
    riza wrote: »
    I have in the past been bringing this up every time since old forums existed and even in-game. I don't think it will ever be fixed. I recommended in-game security guards or mods to record and ban people with the evidence and participate in the purging and cleansing. the thing is it won't ever be done the way it seems. With the way technology is moving and the advancements we made in our age, there shouldn't be a reason not to have it solve but yeah it won't happen if that helps.

I think getting players to go around everyday reporting bots is fantastic. With the added requirement that they must set aside a few hours on a regular basis to just go through maps and channels. Having official bot patrols treated like a job (rather than just asking players to report them voluntarily) should be much better.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited July 2019
    It's not that it's allowed, it's that so many new accounts are created per day that keeping up with them is a difficult task.

That being said though, I do not understand why there isn't at least one person in charge of watching areas notorious for botters and hackers.
    - Henesys ch 1
    - Ardentmill ch 1
    - Gold Beach
    etc.
    These are areas classic for hackers and botters to be in, yet I've never seen anyone actively getting rid of them. I've seen the same account named jhg9753465 (example, not real name) sitting in Hene for days doing the same meso selling website. I don't know why it's not more proactive but hackers are on every free MMO that's just how it is.
    You either learn to co-exist with them or quit the game. It be like that.
    Korunik
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2019
    Yoongi wrote: »
    It's not that it's allowed, it's that so many new accounts are created per day that keeping up with them is a difficult task.

That being said though, I do not understand why there isn't at least one person in charge of watching areas notorious for botters and hackers.
    - Henesys ch 1
    - Ardentmill ch 1
    - Gold Beach
    etc.
    These are areas classic for hackers and botters to be in, yet I've never seen anyone actively getting rid of them. I've seen the same account named jhg9753465 (example, not real name) sitting in Hene for days doing the same meso selling website. I don't know why it's not more proactive but hackers are on every free MMO that's just how it is.
    You either learn to co-exist with them or quit the game. It be like that.
    Spam bots are more of an annoyance that appear in popular areas.

The real threat are those botters that hack their way up with levels and start obtaining items to sell to the market. A legitimate player playing on one computer (two for Kishin mule) versus automation in the dozens, hundreds, or thousands being able to farm efficiently via hacks can easily under-sell items in masses making it cheaper and eliminate competition.

If you ban the hackers that are farming items and mesos they will have nothing to sell. Not banning them results in the consequence of potential top players and the market being plagued by cheaters or benefiting from them whether it be direct or indirectly.

I wouldn't be surprised if GMs are part of support and have other tasks such as writing reports and answering support tickets. It's just not worth the hassle.
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited July 2019
    There so many kanna hackers in ChuChu island and everytime i enter a map to train always see mobs packed together O.o
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2019
    poler wrote: »

Some hackers are programmers irl, so they can just develop an auto rune hack and sell it to the people.