[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reduce Box chance for Monsterbloom

EnokumoEnokumo
Reactions: 1,610
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
In all honesty but the Substantial Box you get from the Monsterbloom instead of getting a new entry for your monster collection is scammy af, and very disappointing to get. Despite of saying "and with some luck" you get three boxes out of five monsterblooms, that is dumb.

Either reduce the "luck chance" for these boxes or remove it entirely because their reward isn't even good and currently paying 200 coins only to get some reward points and *maybe* something you could use (trait, spell traces, etc.) is an awful trade.
Klara

Comments

• fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited June 2019
    Yea, I don't get it either. From it's description, it seemed like an item explicitly used for giving you a monster entry. I mean, monster collecting is already rng, monsterblooms themselves being handed out in limited quantities, so you'd think they could put 2 and 2 together, but I guess they had to do this. Everyone would stop playing Maplestory if there were less luck involved after all.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    edited June 2019
    That's why I'd also be fine to go with a lower chance of getting boxes. So it doesn't have to be 100% to get a monster entry. Alternatively simply reword the item's description so you get with some luck an entry in your collection, instead of the opposite right now.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2019
    The way it works is that if it tries to give you a monster you already have, it will give you a box instead.
    YinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    The way it works is that if it tries to give you a monster you already have, it will give you a box instead.

And let me guess, rather than acknowledge what an individual user has in their monster collection and roll for one not in the collection, it just rolls the whole nine yards and gives you whatever it falls on.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    edited December 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

And let me guess, rather than acknowledge what an individual user has in their monster collection and roll for one not in the collection, it just rolls the whole nine yards and gives you whatever it falls on.

Pretty much this. The more monsters you have added the less useful are the monsterblooms. It's somewhat wasted to get them as your chances are fairly thin starting from 400 monsters and above.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Enokumo wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Pretty much this. The more monsters you have added the less useful are the monsterblooms. It's somewhat wasted to get them as your chances are fairly thin starting from 400 monsters and above.

Given that all the monsters left are either annoying to obtain (Elites) or out of the way, I'll take my chances with some extra coins.