[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Seriously?? No additional coin from skills?

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited July 2019 in General Chat
So in addition to having no 2x coin limit/coin chance for sundays, there's also no additional coin chance or coin gain from adventure skill AoE? You're just giving extra room for more coins with no additional ways to obtain coins? Awful. Just awful
ArgentKorunik

Comments

• TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited July 2019
    Why is it awful? You get a chance to obtain more coins everyday.
    Fuhreak
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2019
    Why is it awful? You get a chance to obtain more coins everyday.

(sigh)
    Let me break it down so you can understand
    Coin limit: 200 -->250-->300-->350-->400-->450-->500
    Coin chance: (same %)--> (same %)--> (same %)--> (same %)--> (same %)--> (same %)--> (same %)

which means more grind after grind after grind. In every past events, they AT LEAST had sunday event where chance of gaining coin is doubled. AoE skill from adventure skill deosn't even give you extra coins for the mobs killed by it. I am not going to run coin grinds on my mules this event cause level of grinding is stupidly high.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    More reward, more work I guess. The lack of sunny sunday doesn't really bother me because the limit is so much higher.
    But it is taking just under 1 hour to cap at the current limit (300) without Kishin or Fury totem.
    I can imagine if you normally run events on more than 1-2 characters how this easily eats up your whole day.
    It's my opinion that Nexon needs to aim these events to be able to be completed in 30 minutes each day.
    Leaving plenty of time for players to cap on mules, do dailies, boss or whatever else they normally do.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited July 2019
    In the past similar event you only get coins when the aoe skill activated. (Not to mention certain interval of the events making coin farming worse)

This event, you have a chance to get coins from every kill for the entire 2 months duration. (For me, this method feel faster than the previous events)
    Going from tier 6 to tier 5 remove the need to have a pet loot the coins, so naturally your rate of capping out coins increases exponentially on mule without a pet. (I felt drop gear and drop rate enhancer didn't really increase the drop rate, especially during the 3x event)
    Going from tier 5 to tier 4, the extra monster that the aoe explosion kills should be worth about 20 coins during the time you capped out.

I don't think anyone proved that the % chance of getting a coin is the same throughout all the tier. (coin gain/ mob killed, easily checked by the kill achievement before and after the grind)
    I'm just gonna record the data here.
    July 7, Pioneer (tier 4), 4610 kills, 296 coins, 6.42%
    July 8, Pioneer (tier 4), 1347 kills, 100 coins, 7.42%
    July 9, Pioneer (tier 4), 4187 kills, 300 coins, 7.17%