[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

why did nexon america stop doing 4th of july event

JezJez
Reactions: 1,600
edited July 2019 in General Chat
for maplestory?

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Not sure, but a while back they removed the package NPC Donald, who looked a bit like Donald Trump, saying they didn't wanna be political.
    Plus the playerbase isn't all american, especially after taking in EU (who then lost their special events too). It probably just stopped being relevant for the game to hold such events.
  • JezJez
    edited July 2019
    funny how they had a huge election event when obama was running...

anyway, id like to see a demographics chart on the playerbase.
    i bet soon theyll stop doing christmas and halloween too
    WONDERGUY
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2019
    Jez wrote: »
    funny how they had a huge election event when obama was running...

anyway, id like to see a demographics chart on the playerbase.
    i bet soon theyll stop doing christmas and halloween too

Well, Obama isnt as controversial as Trump, hes surrounded by scandals, his ideas are very extreme and he isnt very polite to other politicians, everyday i turn on the TV there are news about something controversial he did, i dont live in UE so idk whats really happening but i see why they dont want to make something Trump related.
  • JezJez
    edited July 2019
    darik wrote: »

Well, Obama isnt as controversial as Trump, hes surrounded by scandals, his ideas are very extreme and he isnt very polite to other politicians, everyday i turn on the TV there are news about something controversial he did, i dont live in UE so idk whats really happening but i see why they dont want to make something Trump related.

lmao you need stop stop watching tv. obama was no better than trump and, in fact, killed a lot more people. manufactured scandals by certain entities who fund the media you consume isnt really a mark you should go by.

but 4th of july isnt "trump related"... it usa's national holiday that has had an event on maplestory many times in the past.
    WONDERGUY
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    darik wrote: »

lmao you need stop stop watching tv. obama was no better than trump and, in fact, killed a lot more people. manufactured scandals by certain entities who fund the media you consume isnt really a mark you should go by.

but 4th of july isnt "trump related"... it usa's national holiday that has had an event on maplestory many times in the past.

The only thing I can say is...this is Global Maplestory, we include USA, EU, and often players from Australia and Canada and a few outliers from other countries. It may seem unfair if there was a National event for one group of people but not the others. Canada Day and Independence Day in the US could almost be a combined event due to their close dates...but then you have to consider Europe and Australia (forgive me, I don't know all of their specific National holidays).
  • JezJez
    edited July 2019
    remove chinese new year then
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019

It's the Korean lunar new year, but okay.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019

with Lunar New Year...multiple people celebrate it though, I know I see lanterns here in the US where I live. That's where it is also a Korean game, and we will get Korean Content.
  • JezJez
    edited July 2019
    yeah but nexon america is an american branch so why not continue american content as well?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Nexon America doesn't just service America though. Like I said, why should the EU branch lose their special events and then be forced to celebrate another country's national day, of all things. It's not a global holiday.
    If Nexon started catering to every country then you'd have americans wondering why they have the National Day of Sweden thrust upon them. And what about my midsummer.

That aside, those events aren't even good or meaningful anymore. Thanksgiving is another example. Absolute garbage content that only introduces more issues than it's worth. St Patrick's day is really just reduced to green themed sales.
    Christmas and Halloween are more globally recognized, but then again they already closed down HappyVille and haven't brought back Haunted Mansion since that one year.
    Petalmagic
  • JezJez
    edited July 2019
    well i miss the 4th of july events, and thanksgiving but o well
    a midsummer event would be more than welcome too

is there anywhere i can see the demographics of the playerbase or is this top secret info?
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    its just lazy ctrl C ctrl V....
    "global maplestory "its so they dont have to make patch for EMS and GMS ( they allready fail just to patch as it is )
    NexonEU closed they lost evrything but servers
    there is no issue to have both world events ( we can learn from eachtother culture and have more fun other then KMS copycat)
    also it can fix time zone issue

but all that Politics ,cheap TMS $$mindset$$ and eazy KMS copy-paste....

korea removed "trump" npc that they made way before it become a thing..... just so they can make a political issue where was no issue
    ( i bet after he took picture steping at their land and north korea they will add back as its all fine)
    there are many things that can be seen as controversial in KMS and carry on in GMS as all fine.... (cough still 2 gender ? )

nexon "we bored so lets join/make some drama for poilitical points/attention"