[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Theme Dungeon Party Auto Canceling

TrueWindWalksmenTrueWindWalksmen
Reactions: 400
edited July 2019 in Bug Reporting
So it seems every map with monsters in them in theme dungeons automatically make players leave party, please tell me this isn't intentional, as it really ruins any appeal theme dungeons have, which is concerning, considering they were just updated.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    This is intentional.
    The theme dungeon update made theme dungeon maps "semi-instanced", like Frozen Link and similar event maps, as well as the Tenebris event maps and Amber Waves. You can see other people in the map with you, but you can't party, see each other's enemies or drops, share buffs (unlike the aforementioned event maps), or leech.
  • TrueWindWalksmenTrueWindWalksmen
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2019
    Well that seems like a poor choice, I wonder what the thought process for that was? Regardless, thanks for the information, I wasn't finding anything on this subject.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Well that seems like a poor choice, I wonder what the thought process for that was? Regardless, thanks for the information, I wasn't finding anything on this subject.

The levels go by quickly enough that it doesn't really matter whether or not you do something in a party. Sure beats the old mushroom kingdom theme dungeon where you needed to be in a party of two or more to get into the boss fight at the end. Doesn't sound that bad until you're doing it on a less populated world.