[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2 days of lag?

HeroBenderHeroBender
Reactions: 200
edited July 2019 in General Chat
okay well we all know how laggy servers have been. Is this not gonna be addressed lol

Comments

• surisuri
    Reactions: 635
    edited July 2019
    Please fix the servers. Take the game down or just in Bera if you can and fix them ! I am currently trainning to L275 and I got to L272 and 50% then this happens !

Unbelievable as I have never seen lag last this long ( 2 days so far ) and effect 99% of players at the same time , Normally it's just for a few hours , only on certain channels, only effects certain players or is only during 2x !

This situation is completely insane and i have never seen it this bad before. If i do try to train now which is TOXIC AF and totally unenjoyable I only get 0.50% an hour instead of 1% ! Pl ease fix them so i can continue to reach my goal and get to L275 on schedule !
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    At this point for Bera, all you can do is force all the players that migrated to bera back to their own world.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    At this point for Bera, all you can do is force all the players that migrated to bera back to their own world.

There's no guarantee that would do anything. And any sort of world transfers this close to a planned world merge will end with the same result as msea's merge, where the newly merged world was more or less dead because they let people move in or out(mostly out as we can clearly see) in the time leading up to the actual merge.
  • AmpsAmps
    How can the servers be lagging? Can't even play..does anyone still work at nexon?

Get rids of the botters, they r most likely the cause of it. They always come back. Put some extreme measures in!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    Amps wrote: »
    How can the servers be lagging? Can't even play..does anyone still work at nexon?

Get rids of the botters, they r most likely the cause of it. They always come back. Put some extreme measures in!

Extreme measures? Like what? What kind of extreme measures would you put in place? How would you ensure they had absolutely zero chance, no mistakes or accidents, of catching legit players up in bans?

You don't have any answer, do you? You think bots are a simple "flip a switch to ban all bots forever and fix the game" solution, don't you? You have no concept of the fact that they ban bots by the thousands on a weekly basis. You further have likely zero concept of the fact that as fast as nexon can patch hacks and exploits, people are making new hacks and finding new exploits. It's a never-ending back-and-forth, but I wouldn't expect someone who thinks "half-ass and screw it up" nexon should implement whatever "extreme measures" means.

I'm not defending nexon, they're borderline idiots in the best of times, but I'm not going to agree with a single word you say.
    Fuhreak
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    There's no guarantee that would do anything. And any sort of world transfers this close to a planned world merge will end with the same result as msea's merge, where the newly merged world was more or less dead because they let people move in or out(mostly out as we can clearly see) in the time leading up to the actual merge.

First, I'm not saying transfers out of bera are even the right solution but it doesn't have to lead to another dog-piling situation.

It's entirely possible, though perhaps not for Nexon, to arrange transfers in a way that would actually lead to more balanced worlds.

For example, instead of just opening the flood gates have some sort of request based system. Players request permission to move from Bera to Y, and if approved they can move up to all of their characters from Bera to world Y. This would allow nexon to do a number of things. First, only movement from the "full" world to the smaller worlds would be allowed. Second, they can control the amount of movement so that everyone does not simply make whatever grazed's new name is the new Bera.

I know everyone is so traumatized by Nexon's bad implementation of literally everything but we can't always say how things won't work, we need to also say how things can work.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

First, I'm not saying transfers out of bera are even the right solution but it doesn't have to lead to another dog-piling situation.

It's entirely possible, though perhaps not for Nexon, to arrange transfers in a way that would actually lead to more balanced worlds.

For example, instead of just opening the flood gates have some sort of request based system. Players request permission to move from Bera to Y, and if approved they can move up to all of their characters from Bera to world Y. This would allow nexon to do a number of things. First, only movement from the "full" world to the smaller worlds would be allowed. Second, they can control the amount of movement so that everyone does not simply make whatever grazed's new name is the new Bera.

I know everyone is so traumatized by Nexon's bad implementation of literally everything but we can't always say how things won't work, we need to also say how things can work.

Any sort of world transfers do need to wait until a handful of months after the merges in a couple months, I feel. Let that get sorted and things settle, then see how things look from that point.
  • surisuri
    edited July 2019
    Why has there been NO WORD from Nexon at all with regards to the horrific, crippling lag in Bera and the current state of our server ?

Please Nexon tell us what is going on !!!
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    suri wrote: »
    Why has there been NO WORD from Nexon at all with regards to the horrific, crippling lag in Bera and the current state of our server ?

Because "no word" is how they roll. If we're lucky there might be a memo in two or three weeks that vaguely describes the problem and an amorphous solution to said problem that they're unable to disclose at the present time.
  • surisuri
    edited July 2019
    suri wrote: »

Because "no word" is how they roll. If we're lucky there might be a memo in two or three weeks that vaguely describes the problem and an amorphous solution to said problem that they're unable to disclose at the present time.

Yes this would make sense if it was some kind of DDoS attack on the server and they did not want the enemy to know what they were thinking and doing about it.

Thanks Aggraphine.
  • HeroBenderHeroBender
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2019
    Looks like its still a problem. Maybe its gonna be normal now eh
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    Amps wrote: »

Extreme measures? Like what? What kind of extreme measures would you put in place? How would you ensure they had absolutely zero chance, no mistakes or accidents, of catching legit players up in bans?

You don't have any answer, do you? You think bots are a simple "flip a switch to ban all bots forever and fix the game" solution, don't you? You have no concept of the fact that they ban bots by the thousands on a weekly basis. You further have likely zero concept of the fact that as fast as nexon can patch hacks and exploits, people are making new hacks and finding new exploits. It's a never-ending back-and-forth, but I wouldn't expect someone who thinks "half-ass and screw it up" nexon should implement whatever "extreme measures" means.

I'm not defending nexon, they're borderline idiots in the best of times, but I'm not going to agree with a single word you say.

"extreme measures" can be
    1. haveing GM's runing around for 1-2h minimum daily.... instead of autoban that only hackers avoid
    2. harder acc makeing (for example approve sytem....)
    3.read ticket reports and take quicker action (dont let new acc spam ticket with false reports....)
    and there are bunch more but yea this 3 are allready very "extreme" to be done for a start ....

but yea @herobender and other that get annoyed from lag just let go and grind when it gets a bit better no point wait and complain its
    been like this for years try grind after maintenance when less hackers and avoid prime time

(sure there will be allways hackers but haveing few vs haveing no control its not same )
    #removeKISHbecauseLAGpriority
    HeroBender
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019

There's no guarantee but I'd be willing to bet the latency would go from the 4s (at worst) back down to about 1s tops. A bunch of players came to Bera with the merge and along with that bots from their respective servers to help fund those players. Bera became the highest bot population in all the servers.

Introducing 25* also means a massive need for mesos. Thus increasing botted mesos to help fund or sell mesos for money. I've read on Reddit people saying they've spent over 350b pure mesos in getting one item to 23* where the average cost is roughly 440b. On regular servers I can't even begin to picture how someone would even be able to farm that much meso legitimately. Which is why due to the nature of how this game is not just a money sink but now also a meso sink, higher population -> higher botter population -> higher latency issues.

*Edit* and regarding getting the mesos I don't mean selling items to other players. Where do you think those mesos came from in the first place? Think about how gfa 60 was 1 mil and that was considered today's 30b. Unless there's thousands of people out there with 200% meso gear, 1 shotting and farming for 24 hours a day I don't see how it's possible that we can just readily get 440b to spend on a single item.

I suppose RIP everyone when world's merge.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019

There's no guarantee but I'd be willing to bet the latency would go from the 4s (at worst) back down to about 1s tops. A bunch of players came to Bera with the merge and along with that bots from their respective servers to help fund those players. Bera became the highest bot population in all the servers.

The month or so I spent playing on scania a couple years back would disagree with you. There weren't as many people on scania then as there are on bera now and it still lagged to absolute hell at the drop of a hat. Player counts are a nice scapegoat for nexon's servers being trash though, huh?
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    The month or so I spent playing on scania a couple years back would disagree with you. There weren't as many people on scania then as there are on bera now and it still lagged to absolute hell at the drop of a hat. Player counts are a nice scapegoat for nexon's servers being trash though, huh?

As a Scanian I can confirm the servers are absolute dog-doodoo. The game has been in a constant state of lag for almost a week now. =/