[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Evan hard or Easy?

Bala619Bala619
Reactions: 310
edited July 2019 in General Chat
Hey Guys, maybe you can help me. I am thinking about create one or two more Magician Characters (I love magic) but only to play easy ones. Now the Website is telling me: evan is easy to play. The Game is telling me: Evan is hard to play.
Now the question is: What is right? Is Evan Easy or Hard?
Rissaness

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    It's not hard, but there's a bit of skill management involved, cooldowns and the like, that you have to stay on top of for good/optimal damage output.
    Rissaness
  • RissanessRissaness
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited July 2019
    I think it depends on the player as well. If you're used to more challenging classes, you'll probably find it easier. For those not used to more difficult classes (like me), it can tend to be more difficult... The storyline is what always trips me up. ^^;;

But I'd say go for it and it's worth a try! It's a fun job for sure. Easiness ranking though? I'm unsure.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited July 2019
    Its pretty rough until 4th job, probably one of my least favorite mules to level until after level 100, and even then it was slow going. Lot of skill management, which isn't too much of an issue once you figure out a good rotation, but just wasn't that fun for me.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited July 2019
    I got my evan to lv 63 with the help of theme dungeons, but I felt it was really slow at mobbing with all the skill cooldowns and long cast animations. I'm not sure if I'd be able to actually get it to 100+

But I like mercedes, where I can just jump around attacking both mid-air and on the ground, so it's probably just a play-style that I'm not used to (I have problems playing lumi as well)
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2019
    It's not too terrible if u r just raising it as link/legion mule. It becomes pretty damn difficult if u r maining it. Between hard v matrix set up and difficulty in properly managing mana burst, fusion skills and come back skills, Evan is a job whose difficulty balances out the character. If u get good with hand control and have $$$ to fund it properly, Evan is one of the top tier job