[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Any Excitement/Expectation for Ancient Ruins PQ?

fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
Reactions: 1,465
edited July 2019 in General Chat
GMS exclusive, so no looking at KMS for any foresight. Hoping it's aimed at lvl 200+ players with decent rewards (at the very least, nonBIS, unique looking equips). Not expecting or asking a lot beyond that, but just a small, solid, team-based experience. My only fear is that it might be hobbled, recycled content (CWKPQ, is that why you're gone?).

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    In the Pathfinder: Squadron of Heroes update, players level 61 and up can go on adventures with friends in the new Ancient Ruins Party Quest. Working together to fight against the Ancient Guardian boss, players can navigate portals, study constellations and activate switches in a set order to unlock treasures. Players can also party up in the Cross World Party Quests and enjoy new limited time rewards in the Party Point Merchant coin shop.
    Source

In the Update Trailer, the characters seem to be doing fixed damage of 100 to the boss.

So it appears to be a PQ that is mostly, or entirely, puzzles, and maybe jump quests, bypassing the issue of level and damage range required. (Fixed damage is unfair to certain classes, though...)

As for the rewards... This being exclusive GMS content, maybe it can give our exclusive Fury Totem?
    I think Nexon knows what people find worth working for. If they don't, they can just look at what is purchased from event coin shops. Let's hope they picked useful or pretty items for this PQ.
    darik
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    edited July 2019
    Event-only party quest for coins...T-thanks N-N-Nexon, I l-l-love it...
    darik
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited July 2019
    Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    The rewards are listed in the update notes on the website now.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    edited July 2019
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone Plz be nodestone

No nodestones, but the shop will have some limited time chairs, mounts, damage skins, and other trinkets.

9da503fe29.png
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »

No nodestones, but

And just like that, my interest is as dead as grazed.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2019
    All i want is more availability of fury totems, i dont have a 2nd pc so training pass 240 is extremelly slow, i need that fury totem... :(
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    darik wrote: »
    All i want is more availability of fury totems, i dont have a 2nd pc so training pass 240 is extremelly slow, i need that fury totem... :(

Just get 30k reward points, then you'll be able to enjoy...

ENV4MsB.jpg

30 hours of fury totem use?
    Petalmagic
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2019
    considering how much daily crap i have to do already will probably skip this unless the PQ is within a reasonable time frame (since it has to be cleared several times a day irrc)