[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Current thoughts on Illium?

Michael30126Michael30126
Reactions: 510
edited July 2019 in General Chat
Before, Illium was called the worst class and for good reason. His damage was lackluster, hard to boss with, and using his flight ability caused you to dc. Now with the buffs he is 9th place on the kms dpm on March 9th and his flight no longer causes d/c (or maybe it just doesn't for me. So what do you think? Is Illium still really bad?
  1. Thoughts on Illium4 votes
    1. Good
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Decent
       25% (1 vote)
    3. Bad
       50% (2 votes)

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    It just depends on how much management you want to deal with. Having to constantly push the crystal around can be annoying for some people. I find it interesting, personally. The biggest issue is the way the bless stacks work - if you're not constantly keeping the bless stacks up, you'll basically be 1-2 shotted. Of course, this is no longer an issue in VJ+ once you have enough AF to take 1 damage from mobs.

My biggest gripe about Illium is how long the CD is for all of their skills. Longinus Zone has a 2 minute CD, compared to most other classes FMA which is 30-45 seconds. Their 5th job skills have 3 minute CDs, compared to many other classes having far less. The 3rd V Skill is actually pretty cool, and has a reasonable CD, and can really destroy training maps with the range it allows you to hit.