[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Honor Abilities

нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
Reactions: 655
edited July 2019 in General Chat
Just a quick question: can you get the same ability in all 3 slots? I have an ability that gives me 'Item Drop Rate +9%' and if possible, I want all three of my slots to be the same- it's because I've started the quest, Empress's Might, which apparently has some incredibly low drop rates, one person claiming it took him 8 hours of grinding to get even a single Lunar Dew. I wanted to know before I use my Honor EXP, just in case it happens to be impossible and I'd like to avoid wasting?

Oh, and also, are the rewards worth it?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    You cannot have the same thing on all three lines. You can't have three lines of item drop or anything else.

The rewards from that quest are absolutely not worth it. The empress's might quest itself only gives you a beginner-tab passive that allows you to equip gear up to ten levels above your own, which in the present state of things is objectively worthless. Past that is a series of quests from whichever chief knight matches your own class's archetype to get levels 1-5 of an old pre-revamp cygnus knight skill.

Personal opinion: stop now, put your time into something else.
    нσяιƶεη
  • нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You cannot have the same thing on all three lines. You can't have three lines of item drop or anything else.

The rewards from that quest are absolutely not worth it. The empress's might quest itself only gives you a beginner-tab passive that allows you to equip gear up to ten levels above your own, which in the present state of things is objectively worthless. Past that is a series of quests from whichever chief knight matches your own class's archetype to get levels 1-5 of an old pre-revamp cygnus knight skill.

Personal opinion: stop now, put your time into something else.

Oh. Meh, I'll take it- any buff's a good buff. Also, it's not that bad really, I've been testing drop rates for both Desert Rabbit (M) and Desert Rabbit (F) and while I'm unsure to what effect, if it has any effect, the 'Item Drop Rate +9%' has on Lunar Dew, I've been getting a pretty consistent 1 Lunar Dew/800-900 Desert Rabbit (M) and 1 Lunar Dew/700-800 Desert Rabbit (F). From this, it takes around 20-40 minutes/Lunar Dew which is pretty great considering that one other guy who apparently (unsure if it's true, though I've heard the drop rates on Lunar Dew were buffed) spent 8 hours for a single Lunar Dew.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    8 hours for a single dew sounds accurate enough.
    As someone who ran the quest to level 1 Flame Gear, I can say that it's going to take awhile and the next half is harder than the first
    That said, Dew at the rate you're claiming is extremely lucky. Should have played the lottery with that.
    I can't speak for the other classes, but the mage version is only really useful for F/P imo, even then just barely.
    Unless you just like the idea of having a "for fun" skill, I'd put your efforts into something else.

As for the "any buff's a good buff" the skills themselves are pretty much worthless.
    You might find some use out of the mage/thief one, but doubtful.
    Empress's might is COMPLETELY worthless however.
    нσяιƶεη
  • нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
    edited July 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    8 hours for a single dew sounds accurate enough.
    As someone who ran the quest to level 1 Flame Gear, I can say that it's going to take awhile and the next half is harder than the first
    That said, Dew at the rate you're claiming is extremely lucky. Should have played the lottery with that.
    I can't speak for the other classes, but the mage version is only really useful for F/P imo, even then just barely.
    Unless you just like the idea of having a "for fun" skill, I'd put your efforts into something else.

As for the "any buff's a good buff" the skills themselves are pretty much worthless.
    You might find some use out of the mage/thief one, but doubtful.
    Empress's might is COMPLETELY worthless however.

So 8 hours/Lunar Dew was true.. I guess the 'Item Drop Rate +9%' actually works loads- or it could just be the buff to Lunar Dew drop rates that was mentioned. If it really does come down to the item drop rate buff, that'll be nice since I just got the 'Item Drop Rate +15%' which will hopefully shave down the time even more.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    So 8 hours/Lunar Dew was true.. I guess the 'Item Drop Rate +9%' actually works loads- or it could just be the buff to Lunar Dew drop rates that was mentioned. If it really does come down to the item drop rate buff, that'll be nice since I just got the 'Item Drop Rate +15%' which will hopefully shave down the time even more.

It's the buff to the dew rate for sure. Back when I ran it I was using +120% total drop rate and it still took hours for some of the dews.
    Nice to know they finally fixed it to not be a nightmare.
    нσяιƶεη
  • нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
    edited July 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

It's the buff to the dew rate for sure. Back when I ran it I was using +120% total drop rate and it still took hours for some of the dews.
    Nice to know they finally fixed it to not be a nightmare.

The buff may have been part of it but I think I was just incredibly lucky then. I was grinding for Lunar Dew today, again, but this time I only got 2 Lunar Dew/3,000 Sand Rabbits. I got my first drop at ~150 Sand Rabbits, but the second one stretched all the way over to the early 3,000s- that was depressing NGL.

PS: How do you manage to get 120% drop rates? I'm assuming it's something that involves RL cash, in which case I can't do anything about it but if it's an accumulation of things that don't cost cold cash, what is it?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    PS: How do you manage to get 120% drop rates? I'm assuming it's something that involves RL cash, in which case I can't do anything about it but if it's an accumulation of things that don't cost cold cash, what is it?

If you're on a normal server, it's going to cost cash or a lot of reward points and crafting/farming/whatever, not exactly sure all the methods to earn cubes on those. (Reboot buys with mesos)
    Rings, Face/Eye Accessories and Pendants all have the ability to get "Drop Rate +20%" at the legendary tier if they're level 120 or higher.
    Having the Ability +20% as well as 5 items with drop rate 20% gave me a total of 120%.
    нσяιƶεη