[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

FIX YOUR DAMN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MascaradeMascarade
Reactions: 1,210
edited July 2019 in Rants and Raves
Dear Nexon, You know the new content is broken, you've said so, so get off your butts and fix it! why do you not give a care about we "average" players of your game ? This error code 38 is total crap!!!!!! If half of us out here can't play and everyone on my buddy list is dcing.. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE "stop attacking" CRAP!! THIS IS BROKEN FIX IT OR TAKE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is ONLY there for your precious hackers and those who spend a fortune on the game.. this is all about the powerful how much damage can you lay down, we all know it will be the same people every single time at the top, we get it, its rigged PAY TO PLAY 110%! BUT at least FIX IT! we know we're not getting anything prize wise but damnit at least let us get our damn coins!!!!!!! so freaking sick of the same old bs in this game.. YOU KNOW ITS BROKE SO FIX IT!!!!!! ugh THIS Is exactly why people quit this game and don't spend money on it.!!!
OH and PS if this was "Marvel Machine" not working you'd have fixed it ASAP! care about the actual game THIS much!
ICEMAGEWONDERGUYMuhhhdarik

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    I'm curious, how much work do you believe fixing the current crashes and such would take?
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    Reactions: 615
    edited July 2019
    Sadly, Nexon doesn't care about fixing many things that don't involve real money. Like you said, if it was the Marvel Machine, they would have fixed it right away. Or if we we're getting free stuff from the cash shop or something along those lines, they would jump on fixing it. I hope they fix the issue and agree with they only care about the hackers and big spenders. Us small frys don't factor into their caring if they do care.
    MascaradeHuskyDMMuhhhdarik
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I'm curious, how much work do you believe fixing the current crashes and such would take?

It shouldn't matter how much time or effort it takes to fix the game, they should fix it! That is the problem nowadays, no one wants to put in effort. There are plenty of games that would have taken down their servers down and fixed it right away. Nexon just doesn't care if it don't involve real money.
    MascaradeHuskyDMMuhhh
  • MascaradeMascarade
    edited July 2019

Honestly, that is not the point, at all. I don't care what it takes, if it can't be fixed, or couldn't be fixed back on day one, then REMOVE it! How is it ok to have content in the game that's this broken, you dc, takes 20 mins to get back into game (this is that wonderful new log in fix) only to dc again. It's broken stop ignoring it and address it or take it out.. They do this every single time (keep broken content going, most of the time the players have to find the work around) and the only thing nexon was right in doing this time, they acknowledged it but to say "oh just stop attacking, see if that helps" is ridiculous.
    ICEMAGEWONDERGUYHuskyDMMuhhh
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    ICEMAGE wrote: »

It shouldn't matter how much time or effort it takes to fix the game, they should fix it! That is the problem nowadays, no one wants to put in effort. There are plenty of games that would have taken down their servers down and fixed it right away. Nexon just doesn't care if it don't involve real money.

Okay so if "it shouldn't matter how much time" it takes, why are you complaining? It's almost never readily apparent what the root cause of an issue is in most code, never mind code that's 15 years old and has changed hands innumerable times over that time period. This has nothing to do with the competence, or lack thereof, of anyone working for nexon. That's just how coding is. You can change one part of it, fix one thing, and end up breaking something entirely unrelated.

What, do you think if you sit here and whine loud enough that the damn president of nexon korea will materialize in your thread to congratulate you for finding the magic pass-phrase that allows them to access the super fixer tool that allows them to change the gamebugged code line from 1 to 0?
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    edited July 2019
    ICEMAGE wrote: »

Okay so if "it shouldn't matter how much time" it takes, why are you complaining? It's almost never readily apparent what the root cause of an issue is in most code, never mind code that's 15 years old and has changed hands innumerable times over that time period. This has nothing to do with the competence, or lack thereof, of anyone working for nexon. That's just how coding is. You can change one part of it, fix one thing, and end up breaking something entirely unrelated.

What, do you think if you sit here and whine loud enough that the damn president of nexon korea will materialize in your thread to congratulate you for finding the magic pass-phrase that allows them to access the super fixer tool that allows them to change the gamebugged code line from 1 to 0?

So because it's hard work and may take some time to fix, they should get a free pass? That is a total cop out. They get no slack from me when I've seen how quick they can move to fix cash things, no matter how long it takes them, they fix it. They don't even care to bother with this issue. There are plenty of good game developers that actually care and take the time to show they care. Look at the latest patch in Path to Exile where they developers actually kept everyone up to date, apologized and you know, actually gave a damn about the players.
    MascaradeWONDERGUY
  • MascaradeMascarade
    edited July 2019
    Because if you "whine loud" in a RANTS & RAVE thread you're trying to call the president of nexon... lol THATS rich !
    But sadly.. THE GAMES STILL HAS THE BROKEN CONTENT! and remember this is "important" since they saw fit to require 2k plus coins to open up a coin shop tab thats went on for months, one must get coins daily to open the dang thing.. so make getting said coins viable!
    ICEMAGE
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    "Fix it or take it out!!!"
    So just imagine they took it out, and don't attempt it.
    You can still cap coins by grinding, playing Yut, playing When Golden Pigs Fly, or even sitting in the Canteen.

As for "they aren't doing anything" - you don't know that. For all any of us know, the developers in Korea have been working on this issue continuously from the moment it was discovered, but just haven't yet figured out how to fix it. Remember that they do their development on their own computers, and only take the game servers down to install the fix when they think they have it solved.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    "Fix it or take it out!!!"
    So just imagine they took it out, and don't attempt it.
    You can still cap coins by grinding, playing Yut, playing When Golden Pigs Fly, or even sitting in the Canteen.

As for "they aren't doing anything" - you don't know that. For all any of us know, the developers in Korea have been working on this issue continuously from the moment it was discovered, but just haven't yet figured out how to fix it. Remember that they do their development on their own computers, and only take the game servers down to install the fix when they think they have it solved.

TEST servers what ? super broken dont add this year/month what?

best joke : "its 100....years old code bla bla "
    dose it need kickstart ?
    lol dosnt mean they cant start with a cleaned version or start cleaning this one and just add data slowly back
    there is games that still work fine from window10 all the way to windows xp whats the excuse now ?
    "we cant optimize for all platforms " ?
    you got just windows 10 and still its broken , (windows 7 its about to stop at newyear)

"10b $ company " with server & host as its in someones basement running on commodore 64

" we decided that the additional resources used to maintain these additional channels could be reallocated to better serve the entire game."
    Mascarade
  • MascaradeMascarade
    edited July 2019
    Oh sure lets go play "yut" or any of the other games that require more than one.. so me and my buddy show up (loser gets 6 coins for 15 plus mins of play, we only have 24 hrs in a day) ? the other games require 3-4 or more LOL so when was the last time you found THAT many to do anything ?
    Every single game prompt gets canceled because not enough participants, so that knocks out all that content too.. set up and get coins? ok you can do that 24 hrs a day ? but some of us have a real life to attend to and use of our PC not just taken up by maplestory (because this lil side scrolling game takes up more memory than most games twice its size), grinding is the only other way to get these coins, I actually do not mind grinding, wish at my lvl there were better less 10 plus platform maps to do that on, but here again, having 2 - 3 hrs per night to do nothing but grind coins is not always attainable.

And yes fix it or take it out, its just that simple.. if EVERYONE can't access it without dci'ng, or get error code 38 then no one should. Admit you can't fix it, how about putting in something in its place that does work, a simple NPC giving out coins for blahhh quest etc... there are a lot of things nexon COULD do if they wanted over leaving broken content in the game.

Adding again nexon set this whole event up predicated on getting copious amounts of coins, just to open the tabs in the coin shop, not to mention if you want the best chairs you'll need billions of mesos.. Not very well thought out at all.
    WONDERGUY
  • ICEMAGEICEMAGE
    edited July 2019
    And we get an incoming patch and no mention of fixing the error 38 message....but we do get Gachapon fix...priority's in line with what I expect from Nexon.
    WONDERGUYMuhhh
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited August 2019
    game closedautomatically after logging in the game and in selection of servers .... 6 times in the day later of relog and take a break . unfortunate for a game that has years with problems --- and last .. hackers ... in all bera .. ..
    WONDERGUY