[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lost selective arcane symbols due to unforseen cir

iArrowZiArrowZ
Reactions: 1,710
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am writing this to request something that i will have probably lost when i get back in the game.

I recently had noticed that i had to reach 220 before i can redeem my symbols for lachelin as 29 that i had gotten were about to expire. So i had grinded my butt off to reach 220.

unfortunately while finishing the quests i noticed my quest button had stopped working(later realized 3 other keys are not working). So i decided to restart the game that did not work. So i tried system restore. That didnt work. I than tried shutting down the pc after system restore and trying again to use the keys still didnt solve the issue. Turned my pc back on and what followed was the blue screen of death. Aka Bsod

I grinded for almost two whole levels to get this in time and now my computer died.
By the time i will be able to fix it (i didnt even know if i was able to at the time)
Those symbol selectors i was grinding to use for lach are going to expire.
so i submitted a ticket and got a generic monotone response. Basicslly saying
I should have used them before they expired...really?

"Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

I understand that you wish to restore your 29 symbols. As we strive to assist as possible, we are unable to restore it for you as the item needed to be used before it expires. I know that this must not have been the answer you were expecting. We can only really ask for your understanding on the matter"

Which totally ignored the fact that even if i didnt get to lach in time i could not use them becuase my computer had a fatal error which obviously implies i cant use them let alone my computer.

So i come on here to ask an other GM/Mod/nexon employee.
is it too much to ask to reimburse the 29 selective symbols. Or allow me to repurchase them from the shop or refund the coins.. Anything?
i wasnt entirely sure where to post this so feel free to move it if its in the wrong place.

Currently i am still in the process of installing updates to my system so i dont think i will be able to log on today. But even if i got them tomorrow that would be appreciated as i spent a lot of time grinding and earning those coins to buy all these symbols and losing them due to unforseen events had left a sour aftertaste.

Thanks.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    - The forum community is handled by forum moderators and Community Managers. They are in charge of up keeping and promoting the forum community. They do not have tools to assist players with support inquiries.

Your only option is to contact support again or give up.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2019
    They initially replied rather quickly after i got an email. But since i responded to that one its been silent. So im not having high hopes. I feel like i was just brushed off and that really bothers me :-:
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited July 2019
    Also im aware that GMs do show up on forums sometimes and this post is mostly directed at them. Im just doing the most i can do to get a response.
    If i remember correctly there is also a live gm support or something? What was it called

Actually i got an other email and i was told to make a post... how ironic they said they check regularly... but this gm clearly didnt notice this.. lmao
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    Actually i got an other email and i was told to make a post... how ironic they said they check regularly... but this gm clearly didnt notice this.. lmao

Yeah, that's a straight up lie. They do not check the forums whatsoever (at least no one dealing with account-related matters). Your best bet is live support, but I'm just gonna let you know now you have a 0.00001% chance of getting those symbols back. Nexon is not able to do anything remotely useful for their playerbase, so expecting them to fix this is far too much. =(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    iArrowZ wrote: »

Yeah, that's a straight up lie. They do not check the forums whatsoever (at least no one dealing with account-related matters). Your best bet is live support, but I'm just gonna let you know now you have a 0.00001% chance of getting those symbols back. Nexon is not able to do anything remotely useful for their playerbase, so expecting them to fix this is far too much. =(

"expecting them to fix this"?
    Fix what? How is this Nexon's fault, that they need to fix?

Can you imagine Customer Support swamped with requests to "recover my X, that expired because My computer broke down / I was hospitalized / My parents grounded me / The dog ate my keyboard / I was abducted by aliens"? How are the Customer Support representatives supposed to determine who is telling the truth and which reason is deserving of item recovery?

You are correct, however, that there are no GMs on these forums, and no-one here can recover lost items or otherwise modify player account or character data.

The only relevant suggestion you can make on these forums, iArrowZ, is for the game to stop having so many expiring items. Nexon should give us rewards that we can use whenever we need or can, not within a limited time period. Such a suggestion won't recover your symbols, but it might save players much frustration in the future, if it is implemented.
    Fuhreak
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Mira wrote: »

"expecting them to fix this"?
    Fix what? How is this Nexon's fault, that they need to fix?

It's their fault insomuch that they implement so many things that run off of expiring timers, as you mentioned. When you order something at McDonald's and you drop your tray and spill your food all over the ground, that's not McDonald's fault you dropped your tray, but they sure as hell are going to replace your meal as a sign of good faith and that they value you as a customer. Nexon does not value their customers or player base whatsoever, point blank period (unless of course you're a streamer who has a somewhat decent viewer base, then they'll lift a pinky finger to help you out). When you try and talk to customer service about anything, it doesn't matter how much proof you have, they'll blame it on you and then threaten to ban your account if you continue persisting about the matter. Top notch customer service tactics right there.
    Fuhreak
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    edited August 2019
    if i recall correctly... this section of forums is also for re.ests..
    a part of my keyboard no longer works so u can figure the missing letter there.

and yea.... i emailed them 4 times with pretty much the exact same reply. pretty sure i was talking to a robot at that point cus they seemed void of any emotion smh
    and buying all those symbols used a decent chunk of my coins :/
    also it is not hard to give items out. they SOMETIMES do it when they royally screw things up so its not like they are completly incapable of sending out new one

i never actually got a reason to not Get them back besides "they expired you should have used them"
    because of course i could have predicted my system to die.

however most games events items do disssapear however its usually not until the end of the event..
    idk why they gave us ten day durations on our items its rather inconvenient in some cases.
    anyway i stopped contacting them cus i dont want to bother with the support staff if i can even call them that

@mira where do i go for live support.. as much as i dont want to. i guess its better to know in case something else happens in the future.