[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Where’s my second Prism Wing?

TrashcantTrashcant
Reactions: 1,050
edited August 2019 in Rants and Raves
When I decided I wanted this item the included mount skill was all I had to go by, but to my eyes it was beautiful. Half beautiful. The Prism Wings NX cape has the only wing animation to feature one wing. Not only does it look bad but it’s clearly a intentional design choice. When grabbing onto a rope you can clearly see that there is in fact only one wing.

Every other wing NX cape’s animation is mirrored with the front wing slightly smaller in length than the back wing. For a 2D game, MapleStory has a lot of customization. You can buy Effects from the cash shop to go with your appearance. Personally I like the wing effects, you know what doesn’t go with them? Prism Wings. Wing effects with Prism Wings add 2 more Wings so you have 3 Wings. It never really looks right, ever. So this item pretty much eliminates one of your customization options. If you change one you might as well change them all.

In MapleStory I put Prism Wings on my character in hopes that a patch where The other wing from Prism Wings will eventually come. If it ever happens I will be the first person to see it.

On a side note, I find it ironic that The Prism Wings NX cape is one of the very few NX capes that allows a High Altitude flight skill to be activated when worn. Since the wings have only one wing, they defy laws of aviation.

The image of Prism Wings can be viewed at: maplestory.nexon.net/news/30706/cash-shop-update-for-may-9

Comments

• TrashcantTrashcant
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited August 2019
    Trashcant wrote: »
    When I decided I wanted this item the included mount skill was all I had to go by, but to my eyes it was beautiful. Half beautiful. The Prism Wings NX cape has the only wing animation to feature one wing. Not only does it look bad but it’s clearly a intentional design choice. When grabbing onto a rope you can clearly see that there is in fact only one wing.

Every other wing NX cape’s animation is mirrored with the front wing slightly smaller in length than the back wing. For a 2D game, MapleStory has a lot of customization. You can buy Effects from the cash shop to go with your appearance. Personally I like the wing effects, you know what doesn’t go with them? Prism Wings. Wing effects with Prism Wings add 2 more Wings so you have 3 Wings. It never really looks right, ever. So this item pretty much eliminates one of your customization options. If you change one you might as well change them all.

{A one-winged angel specifically refers to a fallen angel. In the non-canonical pseudepigraphical work, the Testament of Solomon, a one-winged demon named Abezethibou is summoned by King Solomon.}

This was so long ago but now I guess I don't care.
This discussion has been closed.