[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lunar Dew/Burning Flare..etc

Dnaman101Dnaman101
Reactions: 2,025
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
is there any reason why Lunar Dew and Burning Flares/Unstoppable Winds...etc...still have such a horrible drop rate? the only reason i can think of to do those quests is for the nostalgia of using the old Cygnus Knight skills (if that is still what you are able to get from it)
i'd really like to complete these quests but not if it's going to the rest of my life to complete it...please make the drop rate of these items better

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Barking up the wrong tree, friend. People have complained about the abysmal drop rate of everything involved with that quest for years and nexon has seen fit to simply ignore it. Your only real options are to sack up and suffer through it if a literally worthless passive skill and an outdated, underpowered active skill are that important to you, or to give up and ignore it like everyone else does.

Here are the skills: warrior, archer, mage, thief, pirate. For the amount of work it takes to get the skills, they're not worth it.
    Dnaman101
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Barking up the wrong tree, friend. People have complained about the abysmal drop rate of everything involved with that quest for years and nexon has seen fit to simply ignore it. Your only real options are to sack up and suffer through it if a literally worthless passive skill and an outdated, underpowered active skill are that important to you, or to give up and ignore it like everyone else does.

Here are the skills: warrior, archer, mage, thief, pirate. For the amount of work it takes to get the skills, they're not worth it.

that's why the drop rate should be way better than what it is...the skills are outdated and underpowered...or even a better idea, get rid of those quests that are evil spawns of....and give those skills away...like i said the only reason to get the skills is for the nostalgia of a time long gone from MS.
    Thanks for the reply and the links
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited August 2019
    iirc these skills were pretty OP for the time they were around. and some are still kind of useful *thief one in particular*.
    it was KOC were got tier at the time so these skills was actually sought after for quite a while.

however my god yes. the drop rate for these items really need to be improved.
    this thing probably has lower drop rate than droplets do lol.
    though this is probably never going to be on nexons agenda (like alot of things )
    so im slowly finishing this quest on my archer. im getting 1 dew a day cus any more is just nauseating.
    i dont need the skill but i still want it on my bowmaster, im a little bored of girtty gust so i might even let it take its spot for a bit haha.
    Dnaman101
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited August 2019
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    iirc these skills were pretty OP for the time they were around. and some are still kind of useful *thief one in particular*.
    it was KOC were got tier at the time so these skills was actually sought after for quite a while.

though this is probably never going to be on nexons agenda (like alot of things )
    so im slowly finishing this quest on my archer. im getting 1 dew a day cus any more is just nauseating.
    i dont need the skill but i still want it on my bowmaster, im a little bored of girtty gust so i might even let it take its spot for a bit haha.

i read online somewhere that someone used 20 hours on 8x drop to get the 20 Dew and 70+ hours without which is crazy and not worth it to me. i sent a ticket about so i’m waiting on that to see what kind of response i get on it.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2019
    Dnaman101 wrote: »

i read online somewhere that someone used 20 hours on 8x drop to get the 20 Dew and 70+ hours without which is crazy and not worth it to me. i sent a ticket about so i’m waiting on that to see what kind of response i get on it.

support is not going to help you with your case. The quest was designed to be have the items to have low drop rate. You best bets is to use drop gear or stack coupons .
    Dnaman101xparasite9
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited August 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

support is not going to help you with your case. The quest was designed to be have the items to have low drop rate. You best bets is to use drop gear or stack coupons .

I know that would be the best way to get it but i don't really see it worth all the time it takes (cubing, drop coupons, 2x events) to get just a little nostalgia. I'm sure they won't do anything with my case but still if there is a small chance it can do something for the drop rate...it would be worth the little bit of time it takes to make the quests more bearable
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Precisely because the skills are no longer needed for any practical use, I think the drop rate should stay low. Let these skills remain a badge of dedication/tenacity/masochism.
    Dnaman101
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited August 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Precisely because the skills are no longer needed for any practical use, I think the drop rate should stay low. Let these skills remain a badge of dedication/tenacity/masochism.

*sign* I guess you have a bit of a point there but still the time it can take is crazy.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited August 2019
    here's the reply on got on the ticket

Greetings,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We appreciate you provided us details of your concern. As you have already stated the drop rate of the item in that quest is very low and it is a game intended. However, our game team takes player feedback and suggestions seriously, and I will be forwarding your concerns to them. Should you wish to make any more suggestions, may I advise you to please take advantage of our Feedback and Suggestions category on our web forum as our game team does monitor the forums.

You can keep an eye on the MapleStory main website for our Monthly Patch Notes post for any news on bug fixes or changes to MapleStory.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    However, our game team takes player feedback and suggestions seriously

w96z3CJ.png
    xparasite9
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    However, our game team takes player feedback and suggestions seriously

w96z3CJ.png

lol
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019

Sounds close enough to the truth. They've already upped the drop rate several times over the years iirc. Though by how much is a mystery.
    Run as much drop gear as you possibly can and just wish for the best. Don't get discouraged (if you really want the skill) and keep at it.
    It's still very much possible to obtain the skills if you really really want them.
    xparasite9
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Sounds close enough to the truth. They've already upped the drop rate several times over the years iirc. Though by how much is a mystery.
    Run as much drop gear as you possibly can and just wish for the best. Don't get discouraged (if you really want the skill) and keep at it.
    It's still very much possible to obtain the skills if you really really want them.

vVJ6rJl.png
    FuhreakDnaman101
  • AstriaAstria
    Reactions: 910
    edited September 2021
    AKradian wrote: »

In my opinion, I think flame gear would be useful for my bishop during gollux run against minions.
    Also, it would be helpful if the actual drop rate of these items could be revealed.
    This is for improving transparency of the game on the one hand (which the company seems to be promoting), and actually allow players to determine the feasibility and practicality of doing these quests.
    Lastly, I think there's a difference between an extremely low drop rate which allow one to show their dedication/persistency; verse low drop rate that makes a task nearly impossible (unless prolong period of farming is required to roll out one drop on average), which I think can potentially be detrimental to players' health