[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question about ad blockers

DarkHydraFXDarkHydraFX
Reactions: 1,235
edited August 2019 in Off-Topic Discussion
Any ad blockers that are free to use,completly safe and compatable with internet explorer 11??

BTW im asking because im tired of all the ads on youtube when trying to watch videos.

Comments

• DarkHydraFXDarkHydraFX
    edited August 2019
    Can a forum mod please remove this topic since I got tired of waiting for an answer.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Seriously? Ten hours and "I'm tired of waiting for an answer"? You must be truckloads of fun to associate with in the real world...

So first off, let's address the fact that it's 2019 and why in god's name are you using internet explorer.

Secondly, use Firefox or Brave. Both are very privacy-oriented, brave goes further and actively strips ads and trackers out of a web page by default, though you may have to tweak it a little to play nice with nexon's site. Brave is based on chromium, which is the open-source version of chrome. The browser is effectively chrome but with all of google's trash, as well as the trash of individual websites, stripped out.

For an actual adblocker, I recommend nothing but uBlock Origin:
    Chrome/Brave
    Firefox
  • DarkHydraFXDarkHydraFX
    edited August 2019
    Sorry for being impatient before. Is firefox compatable with Windows 8.1??

BTW is uBlock Origin completely safe and free to use??
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Jesus dude, how do you function? Of course it's compatible, and did you even bother to click either of the links to ublock I included in my post? Do you see a price affixed to either one?
  • DarkHydraFXDarkHydraFX
    edited August 2019
    Well excuse me for asking at all then. /sarcasm

lock the topic now please
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    I'm all for answering questions and offering recommendations or suggestions, but damn son it's like you didn't do a single thing yourself before coming here to ask about it and getting impatient literally ten hours later. You did like Ned Flanders's parents, in that you tried nothing and were all out of ideas.

It really is not difficult, at least it shouldn't be, to look up a better browser than internet explorer. Everyone and their mother at this point should've at least heard of chrome or firefox(I'll give a pass on brave because it's not as widely-known as chrome). And if you've been on the internet for any length of time, you'd have seen by this point that browser extensions/add-ons rarely, if even ever, have a monetary cost attached to them.