[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Merge FAQ

Comments

• xabu1xabu1
    Reactions: 415
    So El Nido was different in that it was the only east coast server on the list. Now that it is being merged, will there be any east coast based servers? Perhaps some channels in the combined server?
    testll8806
  • rarePantryrarePantry
    Reactions: 315
    Wouldn't it be beneficial just to make a global Free Market / Auction House ???
    testll8806
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited August 2019
    rarePantry wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be beneficial just to make a global Free Market / Auction House ???

They tried that years ago with the Maple Trade System so surely, Nexon have learned their lesson from that exploitable mess and can further the application of implementing a better, SAFER upgrade.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    xabu1 wrote: »
    So El Nido was different in that it was the only east coast server on the list. Now that it is being merged, will there be any east coast based servers? Perhaps some channels in the combined server?

It hasn't been an east coast server in years. It probably never was to begin with. It was probably never worthwhile to edit the world list entry to remove "east coast" from it.
    testll8806
  • UniversemanUniverseman
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2019
    I need a question
    I have 13 Characters in Regenerates
    and 2 characters
    and does not exceed 50
    hot it will effect
    what I need to do
  • UniversemanUniverseman
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2019
    I hope world merging doesn't lower my damage against monsters because I spent lots of time on it and I am a begginer at maplest
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Well here's your answer for "what is nexon going to do about this?" from everyone who has an asinine amount of characters

xdl4OR5.png
    testll8806
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited August 2019
    Hello!

We would like to further clarify how the data will be merged for each system as there’s a difference between the game systems.
    1. Legion: The data from the one world (out of the many merging worlds) that has the most progress will be applied to the new world.
    2. Monster Collection: The Monster Collection data from the world that has more data will be brought to the new world.
    If you don’t like the data set that is applied to your new world, please contact our Customer Support team so we can swap the data set with the other world’s data after the merge.
    It will be helpful if you take a screenshot of your Monster Collection progress and share it with us when you ask for the data change.
    3. Achievements: The completed achievements will be saved after the world merge. But due to the complexity of the data structure, there’s a chance that the saved achievements that are still in progress might not be the most up-to-date.

Would Pride Medals be given to the players in the merging worlds?
    A: Titles will be given to the players who move to the new worlds from the merging worlds. You will be able to receive the title when you log in to the new world after the maintenance. The title cannot be traded.

Will the character slots and storage slots received from events be refunded as well?
    A: Only the character slots and storage slots that have been purchased from the Cash Shop will be refunded if the amount of slots exceed the maximum.
    But if you have unlocked your slots using free character slot coupons, the slots will be carried over to the new worlds (as long as the total slots are within 50).

I have 19 characters out of 40 unlocked slots in Mardia, 4 characters out of 14 unlocked slots in Yellonde, 4 characters out of 12 unlocked slots in Chaos, 6 characters out of 12 unlocked slots in Kradia, and 8 characters out of 17 unlocked slots in Windia. They will have total of 41 characters but how many unlocked slots will they have in the new world? (Total Unlocked slots: 95, Total Unused slots: 54 ) Additionally, how many slots will they be reimbursed?
    A: Assuming 8 default slots per world, then in the above example, this player would have 32 unlocked slots in Mardia, 6 unlocked slots in Yellonde, 4 unlocked slots in Chaos, 4 unlocked slots in Kradia, and 9 unlocked slots in Windia for a total of 55 unlocked slots excluding the default ones. In the new world, this player would have all 50 character slots fully unlocked and they would be reimbursed with Maple Points for up to 13 Extra Character Slot Coupons if the player purchased any from the Cash Shop. This player would also immediately be able to create up to 9 new characters in the new world.

A player has more than 50 characters and the rest are hidden. If our character slots increase for the launch of a new class, does the first hidden character (51st character) become visible or are the hidden characters still hidden and the 51st slot is empty?
    A: Until January 2020, if you obtain any empty slots, a special UI will automatically pop up so you can select the characters you want to display on the character selection screen. After January 2020, the next highest leveled character will be automatically displayed. If you have more than 50 characters and want to create a new character, you have to remove your unused characters until the total number gets to 49.

We apologize for the delay in posting the answers to your questions.
    It took time for us to double-check and confirm if all the information is accurate before sharing with the community.
    Freundpommepouffe
  • FreundFreund
    Reactions: 955
    edited August 2019
    Will the character slots and storage slots received from events be refunded as well?
    A: Only the character slots and storage slots that have been purchased from the Cash Shop will be refunded if the amount of slots exceed the maximum.
    But if you have unlocked your slots using free character slot coupons, the slots will be carried over to the new worlds (as long as the total slots are within 50).

Thank you for the clarification Ghiblee.

I also have another question regarding about legion coins, since it wasn't mentioned in the legion video. Do they carry over or does it reset ?
    testll8806
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Freund wrote: »

I also have another question regarding about legion coins, since it wasn't mentioned in the legion video. Do they carry over or does it reset ?

This is especially important to have a prompt answer on, given that an update not too long ago changed legion coins from an actual in your inventory coin to something that's amorphously there.
    testll8806
  • FreundFreund
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

This is especially important to have a prompt answer on, given that an update not too long ago changed legion coins from an actual in your inventory coin to something that's amorphously there.

Edited : Maybe I need to rephrase my question a bit better. Since MC data transfer over. They didn't mention if our *NEW*Legion System Coin can transfer over to the new world or not ? Because I don't wanna spend like over 20k coins if the new merge resets it. So , my question is the new world merge will reset the coins we currently have by then ? Especially for the other allianced world servers too. That's something I want to know. Or A ) they combine it all B ) who has the highest.

Sorry if my english is way off, I'm not good at it lol.
  • MedontknoMedontkno
    Reactions: 505
    edited August 2019
    Hello,
    I didn't see any question about what was going to happen to legion coins after the merger. So my question is will the legion coins from every server added up together after the merger since every sever currently has a diff legion system so the amount of coins you have in each server will be different. If you are not going to combine the amount of legion coins after the merger, I would like to know how you would handle this process.
    testll8806
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited August 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!

We would like to further clarify how the data will be merged for each system as there’s a difference between the game systems.
    1. Legion: The data from the one world (out of the many merging worlds) that has the most progress will be applied to the new world.
    2. Monster Collection: The Monster Collection data from the world that has more data will be brought to the new world.
    If you don’t like the data set that is applied to your new world, please contact our Customer Support team so we can swap the data set with the other world’s data after the merge.
    It will be helpful if you take a screenshot of your Monster Collection progress and share it with us when you ask for the data change.
    3. Achievements: The completed achievements will be saved after the world merge. But due to the complexity of the data structure, there’s a chance that the saved achievements that are still in progress might not be the most up-to-date.

We apologize for the delay in posting the answers to your questions.
    It took time for us to double-check and confirm if all the information is accurate before sharing with the community.

THANK YOU!
    I really appreciate you being thorough in checking each system and giving us a clear response. It's also comforting to know that Customer Support can simply swap a data set with another world's in the event the wrong one gets applied. I will definitely screenshot/record my progress to help that process if that happens!
    testll8806
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited August 2019
    Edited : Maybe I need to rephrase my question a bit better. Since MC data transfer over. They didn't mention if our *NEW*Legion System Coin can transfer over to the new world or not ? Because I don't wanna spend like over 20k coins if the new merge resets it. So , my question is the new world merge will reset the coins we currently have by then ? Especially for the other allianced world servers too. That's something I want to know. Or A ) they combine it all B ) who has the highest.

Sorry if my english is way off, I'm not good at it lol.
    Medontkno wrote: »
    Hello,
    I didn't see any question about what was going to happen to legion coins after the merger. So my question is will the legion coins from every server added up together after the merger since every sever currently has a diff legion system so the amount of coins you have in each server will be different. If you are not going to combine the amount of legion coins after the merger, I would like to know how you would handle this process.

Legion Coins: All your existing coins in the merging worlds will be combined. :)
    Freund
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Legion Coins: All your existing coins in the merging worlds will be combined. :)

Is there a plan in place to rectify any errors that occur with regards to this? It's not a matter of not trusting nexon to keep from screwing up, but knowing there's a contingency plan in place would put a lot of minds to ease. Especially when we consider that some people did seem to lose their coins at the initial switch to the current coin system.
    testll8806
  • FreundFreund
    edited August 2019

Oh thank goodness. Once again thank you for the answer Ghiblee 'u'/)
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited August 2019
    so will this effect my world medal at all?
    Demethos Pride (medal)

hmm i wonder if i can get any good deals on rare(discontinued) items from this
    tho most said items are probably on inactive accounts at this point
    testll8806
  • HappyGalHappyGal
    Reactions: 205
    edited August 2019
    ok so say that i have 45 characters on server elnido and on the same account i have 45 characters in windia, do i need to delete some of either world? or will they all be there after the maintence?
    testll8806
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    HappyGal wrote: »
    ok so say that i have 45 characters on server elnido and on the same account i have 45 characters in windia, do i need to delete some of either world? or will they all be there after the maintence?

gndc0ku.png

Your el nido characters will be on elysium, your windia characters will be on aurora. They will be on their respective worlds when the merge is finished.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    HappyGal wrote: »

Your 45 El Nido characters will be in Elysium, while your 45 Windia characters will be in Aurora. You lose nothing and you don't need to delete anything.

If you meant to ask about characters in two worlds that were going to be merged into one (say, Mardia and Windia), then when you log in for the first time you will be shown a special UI that lets you pick 50 out of your 90 characters to be accessible.
    Your other 40 characters will still be saved, but you will not see them on the character select screen, until you delete one of the 50 you picked.
    So yes, in this case you will eventually need to delete some characters.
    testll8806