[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Will we get Frenzy Totem back?

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Will Frenzy Totems be returning to future Marvel Machines as well as Philosopher Books? It kind of shocks me how one of Nexon's biggest cash grabs stopped being a source of these broken, but desirable items. I was planning on going on a spree on books hoping i can snag something good, but now I am not so sure.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Stop wasting money on a game that does not care about its player base. The more money people stupidly give to Nexon the more they think they are actually doing an acceptable job of running the game. =/
    darikAggraphineKuronekonovaProphetie
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    Stop wasting money on a game that does not care about its player base. The more money people stupidly give to Nexon the more they think they are actually doing an acceptable job of running the game. =/

"Vote with your wallets"is always the big thing when it comes to nexon being sheisty about things. And without fail it always comes to a crashing, screeching halt as soon as they announce miracle time or some such. Normally I'd say "or marvel machine", but after they removed frenzy for zero communicated reason, I don't see people throwing nearly as much money at it as they once did going forward. But miracle time is always a case of people being incapable of throwing their money away fast enough.

I'm not going to hold my breath on getting a concrete reason out of nexon for why they're suddenly trying to curb the spread of frenzy totems, but it would sure be funny to watch them try and pass it off as server stability. And god help you idiots if you decide to start removing them from players. I won't sit here and speculate at the results of such a feat, but I can say with certainty it will not be pretty. Not for you, anyway.
    Kuronekonova
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    Come on come on, lets not exagerate or think of posible futures that no one knows if it will happen or not,the best thing is to wait and see, trying to cause panic and drama doesnt fix anything
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    darik wrote: »
    Come on come on, lets not exagerate or think of posible futures that no one knows if it will happen or not,the best thing is to wait and see, trying to cause panic and drama doesnt fix anything

That's what people said before singapore and malaysia were removed, before sengoku high disappeared never to be seen again, and before kishin got nerfed for reasons that are sketchy at best lmao

The benefit of the doubt has long since been worn out.
    KuronekonovaJennnnnnnnnn
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

That's what people said before singapore and malaysia were removed, before sengoku high disappeared never to be seen again, and before kishin got nerfed for reasons that are sketchy at best lmao

i cant see them perm removing the frenzy totems i mean its still one the high demand items....
    singapore/malaysia i could see why thos were removed i mean drop wise they kinda lacked and tended to be most reported maps

wait sengoku high removed? wasnt it kinda a event was it confirmed to never return or is it just made rarer in terms of not tossing it up every other month?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    I think it's highly likely that they're trying to phase out Frenzy totem and instead have a permanent Fury totem available via the usual p2w channels in the future. That way they don't piss off the people who own a Frenzy by adjusting it, but they also don't go against their "hurrdurr balance" reasoning for nerfing kishin since Fury is the same. Fury being so limited for free would also play into this.

People love permanent convenient things, Nexon loves money.
    Kuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    I used the free fury totem from the fairy bros thing last night. It's absolutely infuriating how reliant on these sorts of things one might become after having the slightest taste of it. And the twist of the knife is that nexon likely knows, and relies, upon this. A reliance on it in either the outcome of more people throwing money at marvel or philo(well, previously anyway) for the scant chance of a frenzy totem; or that of increasing the number of people who utilize a kishin mule, thereby padding their online count.

Personally I hope frenzy never comes back. It should never have come to begin with. And I would love to see the effect removed wholly from kishin, damn the mains and mules alike, and see the global spawn rate increased to near kishin-affected levels.
    darikKuronekonova
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    I used the free fury totem from the fairy bros thing last night. It's absolutely infuriating how reliant on these sorts of things one might become after having the slightest taste of it. And the twist of the knife is that nexon likely knows, and relies, upon this. A reliance on it in either the outcome of more people throwing money at marvel or philo(well, previously anyway) for the scant chance of a frenzy totem; or that of increasing the number of people who utilize a kishin mule, thereby padding their online count.

Personally I hope frenzy never comes back. It should never have come to begin with. And I would love to see the effect removed wholly from kishin, damn the mains and mules alike, and see the global spawn rate increased to near kishin-affected levels.

But SErVeR sTAbiLItY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »

But SErVeR sTAbiLItY

Oh you mean the servers that continue to lag in spite of removing ten channels, kneecapping kishin to begin with and pulling frenzy from its two sources?

The day they change something that actually makes things better is the day I look at someone employed by nexon saying "server" and "stability" in the same sentence without the same disdain as something I've stepped in.
    Petalmagic
  • JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
    Reactions: 1,065
    edited June 2020

150% agree with u
This discussion has been closed.