[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Constant system failures

TrashcantTrashcant
Reactions: 1,050
edited August 2019 in Bug Reporting
I get system failures at random by playing MapleStory. The only reasons for this is conflictions with visual C++ 2015 Redistribute and other versions. Since I don't know how to sort this out correctly I'm just experiencing constant system failures. I used to not have to use to do any of this with the game.
My system has Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) and Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017 Redistributable (x64) and it's overwriting 2015 (x64). And 2015 (x86) appears with the default file icon when both versions of 2015 are installed. This is terrifying.

Steps to reproduce: Start the game with 2015 (x86) or higher

Edit: I launced with 2015 (x64) as I was told to by the Nexon launcher and It didn't help at all. Nothing has changed!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Having multiple C++ redistributables installed should not be producing the conflicts of a newer one overwriting an older one that you say you're experiencing, especially when you consider that having 23 different instances is not unheard of.

To note, I have both the x86 and x64 2015 redistributables installed(as also noted by my screenshot) and I'm not having the same issues as you, so that may not be the culprit.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited August 2019
    There was no reason to make this thread if reinstalling visual C++ 2015 Redistribute didn't help with your crashing issue since it was just a wild suggestion (just to see if your version of c++ was corrupted) for a unique problem that popped up for a first time in history that only happened to you.

It is natural to have many different c++ distribution if you have many games installed that were developed in different time and each one will use their correct version (cause updating the base c++ code will break many games).